Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Servings of Nuts Do You Eat Per Day On Average? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

How Many Servings of Nuts Do You Eat Per Day On Average?

Shop Now
    Another food question for all of you...

I LOVE nuts and could eat several servings a day if they were not so high on omega 6's. But they are so I limit my intake to 1-2 servings a day. This includes nut betters but DOES NOT include COCONUT. Coconut is unique and I will eat as much coconut as my taste buds desire on any given day.

So, on average, how many SERVINGS of nuts do you eat per day?

1 serving is 1 oz. of nuts or 2 tbsp of nut butters - just give an estimate.

Thanks and grok on!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I probably eat 4 servings per week. I like them, but I don't want to go overboard. I've been sticking to macadamia nuts lately, both because I love them and because they have lower O6 levels than most. I can't have any nut butter in the house or I'll eat it even when I'm not hungry. =[

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Nuts are my go to snack. I don't know what an ounce of nuts looks like. I keep them in a candy dish in the dining room and eat three to five small 'handfuls' a day. That probably comes to 30-50 nuts per day, mostly almonds. It's probably too much, but I am still beating a chips addiction and nuts are the closest thing in this diet. We ran out last weekend and didn't replace them until yesterday, and I think I a may be better off without them. I do tend to stare into the fridge and end up eating nothing when there isn't a pile of nuts handy.

I eat a single serving of walnuts, and a single serving of almond butter each day!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    One serving a week, tops. I just don't dig them that much, especially now that I made a rule in my house that I can only buy nuts with shells on- lol.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    i eat maybe 2 servings a week, a mix of pecans and walnuts with some berries in whipped cream or pine nuts in a batch of sauteed veggies.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Zero.

Nuts don't play nice with my digestive system. Well, I lied. Most nuts don't sit well, but it's just easier to give them all up.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    *sigh*
    ...like, a thousand...

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    0, will never touch nuts again.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

omajoe is offline Member
    I probably eat 1 - 2 servings a day of almonds or walnuts. I keep them at work for when I need a snack. I have almond butter at home, too, for a snack. However, I find with almond butter I could just sit and eat the entire jar - it's that good. But I try to be good and only have a serving or two a day on weekends. During the week, I'm pretty good about not digging in, but it's there if I need a quick snack.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast