Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday in the 4th Reich page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

Yesterday in the 4th Reich

Primal Fuel
    I awoke to a loud rumbling engine blocks away in my apartment complex, and an indistinct announcement being broadcast from a bullhorn.

Naturally I imagined there was some kind of calamity, a gas-leak maybe, or a SWAT deployment, and I went around the corner to hear the message.

Fire truck slow-rolling, saying, "Hoagie sale. $5. Come on out to the corner of blah blah blah."

fuckin fascist jerkoff playtime motherfuckers. I shouted BOOOOO as they finally passed with great enthusiasm, and allegations of insensitivity and rudeness (it was also kinda early on a saturday).
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hoagie sale? Huh. I still miss the fire truck coming around my old NJ neighborhoods at Christmas time, horns blaring, just to get the kids outside so they could throw candy to them and wish all a Merry Christmas. That doesn't happen here in Ohio outside of parade time (4th of July, and the local strawberry festival). Is your neighborhood FD that hard up for funds??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

It has to do with the cultural evolution of the municipal fire departments and their transmutation into an honor guard auxillary para-military force, whose primary function is the aggrandizement of the State and uniformed personnel, as well as moral and logistical support for the police and their Bagdhad Occuptation-style PR initiatives.

The last few christmases, they do the Santa thing, but the truck proceeds at the pace of volunteer Hitler Youth style children who march alongside the truck. 2 Christmas parades ago, (the year "we killed bin Laden")* there was a dead arab effigy hanging from one of the trucks in the parade.

*dismissive masturbatory gesture

It was not about funds- it's because the fat loser repressed and captive teenagers who are drawn to municipal volunteer'ing are flag-waving, illiterate fascist war-mongers who have never experienced life as an individual with individual concerns, and are imprisoned in a cognitive matrix of bullshit patriotism and loyalty that masks their shit family lives and decaying, obsolete social structures.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Is this a parody thread?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Even though this kind of incident (misappropriation of emergency vehicles and personnel for the purpose of joy-ride "advertising") has never happened in this town while I have lived here, and even though the experience itself was chilling until the message was made clear, everyone on the street is of course acting like I am the crazy one for objecting.

haha what? This is observations behind enemy lines at the forefront of the cultural emergence of the Last Reich.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Mr Perf, I will frankly admit that I almost always find your style of prose highly confusing (personal thing, I know, but still), but that bin Laden effigy offa' fire truck would have had me seeing red, too.

And I think you are actually right - that fire truck should not be doing that kind of thing, ie the volunteer firefighters. (Although, our volunteer farm-boy firefighters around here do a helluva job with fewer resources and in some tough territory - rural area with little city water to tap from...)

And it is hard when everybody around you seems to be from another ideological planet.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Crabbcakes;1181413

And it is hard when everybody around you seems to be from another ideological planet.[/QUOTE]

Very well put CC! Mr. Perfidy I know the feeling well of not being in sync with dominant propaganda machinery.

1878blues is offline Junior Member
    "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
    - Benito Mussolini

If its got two horns, a tail...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    'Due to recent austerity and cuts..the light at the end of the tunnel...has now been turned off.'
    DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I once woke to the sound of someone speaking into a bullhorn and had a similar reaction; I thought it was some kind of an emergency. This was in Barcelona and I was awoken from a siesta, it took me a few minutes for my groggy brain to switch to Spanish and go to the window to see what was going on; it turned out someone had a bullhorn and was selling toilet paper!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast