Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Wheat

Hybrid View

No Wheat

I just finished a journal on giving up (sugar) sweets and soda. It worked very well so I thought I'd try a journal to give up wheat. I have been on and off wheat for the last five years but have yet to give it up completely.
    So with that in mind, as of today, I will give it my all to not eat wheat.
    Lets go.

I gave up wheat almost a decade ago after accidentally discovering it was the cause of the inflammation and arthritis-like pain in my feet. It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Made it through day one without any wheat.
    Good to hear eKatherine.

Agreed. I've been grain-free for about a year and a half and no knee pain.

One day at a time is good I gave it up cold turkey, all of it. Just woke up and said, "it's worked before, I can do this". Don't beat yourself up for backsliding, but before you give in, tell yourself to wait an hour. Over and over again, if needed. Look into what triggers the craving and good luck!
    Last edited by Lauri; 05-07-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Day 2; No Wheat.

Thank you all for your well wishes and information. I greatly appreciate it. It always amazes me how people from around the world come and help out those of us with our own struggles and push us along.

Day 3; No Wheat.

Day 4; No Wheat.

One day down, well done. Keep it up, Tee. I hope you will find the improved digestion that you may not even realise you need.

TEE wishing you the best on this! I have slowly been starting to cut wheat with the obvious, like breads. But I am interested in hearing from those who have stopped and how they feel physically?!! Very excited, hoping the replies will be further motivation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Longevity View Post
    TEE wishing you the best on this! I have slowly been starting to cut wheat with the obvious, like breads. But I am interested in hearing from those who have stopped and how they feel physically?!! Very excited, hoping the replies will be further motivation!!
    Then go and check Dr William Davis' blog at wheatbellyblog.com!!