Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OldCrow's magic journal of Sexy Times! page

OldCrow is offline Member

OldCrow's magic journal of Sexy Times!

Primal Fuel
    Something has to change and I'm finally willing to make it happen!.. I'm 32, an artist, business owner and father of three lovelies... I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I haven't weighed myself in a long time but I figure I'm somewhere around 270lbs.

My relationship is in shambles and the food I'm emotionally attached to makes me constantly feel like shit, angry and helpless.. The self-sabotage is worrisome to say the least.. This ALL has to change!

I've been lurking on here for a LONG time.. You've all inspired me more than you can imagine and I WILL be a Primal Blueprint Success Story in the not-so-distant future! I've got a gym pass now and will walk to work at least 3 days a week. I will track my progress and try to post what I eat in here.. Accountability will play a big role in reaching my goals.

Goodbye you angry fat bastard!

I'm currently sitting with my 8 month old son Zane, snuggled asleep and comforted by my presence.. I have to be alive and healthy to be an example for him as he grows up as well as his sister and brother.. I have so much to lose and so much to fight for!

I've been reading a few journals and.. hey.. so can someone explain the high sugar/low fat/low meat stuff going on around here? Seems a little.. unprimal? (could be wrong, just sounds a lot like Dr. Graham's 80/10/10... wait, is durianrider employing anti-paleo minions??... to infiltrate??)

Just finished drinking a bunch of water and will IF today.. tonight I feast! You just wait!!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Hah...infiltrated by sugar fiends!

You have a great attitude. I'm certainly no expert at this myself (a perpetual student) but I have a piece of advice - get a few weeks of Primal under your belt before starting IF. For the first few weeks you should just....eat. The food is healing and you'll be feeling great. Walking to work is a great idea. How far away are you? Good luck on your journey...it's a fun one

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Those high sugar/low fat/low meat guys are on their own unique journey, I wouldn't follow them but they may be entertaining to watch.
    Just eat meat, veggies, fat, some fruit and nuts and a little dairy and you will be fine. My husband has been doing this and he has steadily lost weight. He doesn't restrict his calories or exercise that much and he's still seen results. I bring him up because he's been overweight the whole time we've been together which is about 24 yrs, he's now the slimmest I've ever seen him. He still has more weight to lose and I think he will continue to lose because this is the way we eat now. His temperament has also changed since eating this way, he seems more calm.

I too have lost weight and have improved my overall health, I'm stronger than I've ever been. This way of eating works and the food is tasty so it's not hard to stick to it. You can do it; we are glad to have you.

I have special fondness for anyone in the corvid family.

Thanks for reading guys, and for the encouragement!.. I should get into the habit of making something to eat for the daytime, I don't get a real lunch break ever. Burger patties and salad seems pretty on plan unless there's bread or some crap like that in there.

All of what I've read about this makes me stoked, from the mental to the physical biproducts of eating whole low glycemic foods.. I've tried and failed at this in the past but I've never been pushed by such a strong epiphany as I was last night and this morning. I feel that the passion has really taken hold and I look forward to seeing how 'primal' my life will get as a result!

little vase: hey that might be a good idea, just get used to consistently eating the right foods.. I live about 20mins from work!

Urban Forager: Hahahah I know it's weird and awesome.. I like all those foods you listed anyways, they're so good!.. Really have to just stop making exceptions for convenience as I know small slips make me crave like crazy.. I'm looking forward to getting calm, I can have a bad attitude for sure and of course the weight loss.. COrvids are also my faves, so smart!

Zach is offline Banned
    Hey Durian Rider isnt so bad, i think hes more right then wrong.

The high sugar diets you are seeing is because many of us did very poorly on a traditional low carb paleo/primal diet and found we function best on much higher carbs. This seems to be a common theme in the primal community, one of the biggest issues is hypothyroidism and digestive issues usually brought on by a primal diet.

Not trying to scare you though, others seems to do very well on a lower carb, real food diet.

Anyway good luck!

P.S. i like the name! Assuming its because of the band, have you heard of Trampled by Turtles? They are local band and kick ass. If you like Old Crow, you like these guys.

Just looked up Old Crow and Trampled by Turtles , fun music! Thanks Zach.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Just looked up Old Crow and Trampled by Turtles , fun music! Thanks Zach.
    Nice! Make sure to watch the "wait so long" video. Best fiddle playing ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nice! Make sure to watch the "wait so long" video. Best fiddle playing ever!
    Just watched it , that was amazing!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast