Thread: Low carb high fat diet guru Barry Groves, 77, passes away page

Low carb high fat diet guru Barry Groves, 77, passes away

Primal Fuel

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Since 1962? 50 years is probably enough time to claim a diet as being a factor to your health. I think the bias of the article hints that the diet contributed to a long life, but I don't believe it speaks for its extraordinary benefits, nor its detriments, when 77 is just about the average lifespan even for a SAD eater.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

ďIt does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.Ē - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    To the anti low carb vultures of the world from Jimmy Moore's site:

"5-1-13 UPDATE: I cannot tell you how disappointing it has been to hear so much negativity about this tragic loss of a great leader. Many have asked what the cause of death was and as of right now that has not yet been determined. But before jumping to any conclusions about whether his diet played any role at all in why he died, why donít we let the family grieve first and instead celebrate the life of this great man who contributed so much? A reader who is a family doctor in the United States sent me an email that summarizes exactly how I feel:

Jimmy,
    Nice post on Barry Groves. My father died at 92 despite eating a somewhat typical American diet. My mother is 95 (she has dementia) and is still going fairly strong. She ate fairly well but it certainly wasnít Paleo. Groves died at 77 and you didnít mention the cause of death. To be honest, I donít really care. He lived a long and principled life and thatís what counts.

I think we need to be clear about one thingĖeating a low-carb, high-fat diet does not guarantee a long life. There are too many other variables in playĖfor example genes or the unforeseen lightening strike. One thing I have seen in my patients is that patients who follow this type of healthy diet tend to live life to the fullest until their last breath. They donít spend decades in disability because of their chronic medical problems. We donít choose length of lifeĖthatís up to the man upstairs. We do control the quality of our lives and you are a master at this game.

Letís celebrate the extremely high quality of Dr. Grovesí life. After all, we are all headed in the same direction. Itís not the end that countsĖitís the beauty of the pathway that we take to get there.

I couldnít have said it better myself! RIP Dr. Barry Groves".

Every time somebody dies or gets hurt (e.g Steve Jobs or that vegan guy who fell off his bike) the flipping vultures start circling and picking that person's diet and life apart. It's disgusting.

A LITTLE RESPECT PEOPLE! PLEASE.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    RIP Barry Groves & VLC...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    RIP Barry Groves & VLC...
    Enjoy picking over the corpse, you vulture.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Enjoy picking over the corpse, you vulture.
    What did I say something wrong Paleobird, I only tried to be polite? Anyway, don't forget that also we vultures, in an ecological perspective and Sub Specie Cadaveris, are very important for renovation purposes! About human corpses I don't have much appetite, but I am more worried about of the rotten corpse of the VLC that refuses to decompose - so RIP again then...

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, shame. I read a lot of his material in the early days of coming to grips with food and diet and even though I've moved on from a low-carb standpoint since then, I'm still indebted to his work for showing me a new path away from 'conventional wisdom'.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life