Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 99

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    delete some PMs my man
    nihil

patski is offline Senior Member
    Derp, iz joo talkin' to me mang?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Nah, Zach, but I can PM you too holmes
    nihil

patski is offline Senior Member
    Ooooooh, teh PMz!

Derp, does aspirin destroy the stomach lining like advil does? I only take ibuprofen when my rag is at it's worst, so maybe 1 - 2x a month. But years and years of taking it has really taken a toll on my stomach. Gastritis blows.

I remember you saying aspirin was very good for inflammation.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Aspirin is ok, it rapidly breaks down into acetic acid and salicylic acid, and salicylic acid is protective of the stomach and intestines. Just dissolve it in water first, if you have a weak stomach lining.
    nihil

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I've made a list that I'm going to take with me on Wednesday when I see the Doctor. Does this seem enough to convince the Doctor to have full bloods tests carried out ? I'll go into more detail at the appointment, explaining my issues and expand on each point a little. (very little time given)

Symptoms

Bloated and Constipated

Cold Feet & Cold Body Temperature all the time. Waking temperature is around 35.5C

Low Energy despite 10 hours sleep

Low Libido

Gaining a lot of weight fast and I eat well with no change in caloric intake (MDA Note: I've lost 7 lbs in the past week though, should I mention that? I've been under eating due to loss of appetite and constipation. I've gained about 14lbs since my last visit to the Doctors 3 years ago, and that was within the past 2 months)

I'll mention that friends Dad is a Doctor whom said it could be hypothyroid and low testosterone before moving onto the next part.

Tests

Thyroid (TSH + T4)

Low levels of thyroid result in a lowered metabolic state. This equates to an overall cooler body temperature, slowing down the processes such digestion and circulation.

Testosterone

Low levels of testosterone affect overall energy and mood. I feel like there is no sense of wellbeing and my life isn’t going anywhere. No sexual desire and problems maintaining an erection.

-----------------------------------------------

If I have the tests done and there are signs of Low thyroid and/or Testosterone, it's likely the Doc will give me something, don't you think? I really don't want to take meds because they probably have bad side effects and I could be on them for years. Should I tell the Doc, after the tests, that I want to try and recover naturally, or just take his prescription but never collect the meds? Obviously his response will depend on what the tests tell him in terms of severity.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    N, if he runs test make sure its Free Test not Total. Honestly i still think its a waste of time because every outcome results in you doing what you are doing now. Most likely he will dismiss your symptoms straight away, if he runs tests he will run the most basic TSH and Total Test which womt tell you much. If your tests are off he will want to schedule a reevaluation in about 6 weeks so you wont get any help and in the end you either wont take what he prescibes or he wont prescribe what you want.

It would be much more worth your time to bypass the doc and order tests online or do what Yo does and go to another country to get them. It costs money that you dont have but it would be best. Good luck with the doc.

Hi Ci! Yep everythings great! Was my 30th yesterday so been partying and camping. Also been at the beach 6 days in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    N, if he runs test make sure its Free Test not Total. Honestly i still think its a waste of time because every outcome results in you doing what you are doing now. Most likely he will dismiss your symptoms straight away, if he runs tests he will run the most basic TSH and Total Test which womt tell you much. If your tests are off he will want to schedule a reevaluation in about 6 weeks so you wont get any help and in the end you either wont take what he prescibes or he wont prescribe what you want.

It would be much more worth your time to bypass the doc and order tests online or do what Yo does and go to another country to get them. It costs money that you dont have but it would be best. Good luck with the doc.

Hi Ci! Yep everythings great! Was my 30th yesterday so been partying and camping. Also been at the beach 6 days in a row.
    Happy Birthday!

I'm only interested in the tests to see what is going on, rather than going into all of these changes blindley. What I'm doing now isn't working either (I know it takes time but 2 months in I think something should have improved). Not saying it won't work, but I have to do something else. (My Mum is picking up on my mood issues but I'm not even going to bother explaining what may be wrong with me. I don't need the constant "Are you ok" everyday so I just said I'm bored)

Travelling is completely out of the question and I doubt that Europe will have different methods of testing the blood or running tests in general. (I could pay for that in the UK anyway) Again, I'm just looking for indications that my issues are hypo and/or low T. so I have a better indication of what I'm recovering from. If he tells me to go away that's fine, at least I tried.

I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my Brother, the one whom is on beta-blockers had is bloods taken last week because he feel dizzy some of the time. They are testing about 8 different things; diabetes, thyroid, testosterone, white/red cells, anemia, can't remember the others.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    I meant tests are cheaper in other countries i guess. Yea just saying that the tests he will run wont tell you much but i guess its a start. And sorry man, 2 months isnt very long and it doesnt seem like your really sticking to a plan?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For the majority of it, I think I'm sticking to the plan, I'm not going to lie - I can definitely do better. Lately like this past week I've not eaten or exercised much because I just feel so lethargic and constipated. I'm still mostly eating fruit as a main source, a bit of lamb, cheese, heavy salt and fresh fruit juice. (lamb mint meatballs with goat cheese are amazing!) Sleep is still at least 10 hours and I'm outside a lot of the time now (reading non-health stuff.) 180DH had a good post recently, if you haven't seen it already. He started off similar to myself; acne, low libido, cold, poor mood, initial benefits with raw fruit diet but has expanded and does strength exercise.

I fell like an 80 year old man; nothing to look forward to, no energy, just stuck trying to get better. I'd probably be on a death bed if I had to work more days than I do which is sad for a 22 year old. (And work alone takes a day of feeling dead to recoup some energy, though I think the horrid bright lights don't help) I was more optimistic when I first started Paleo to battle acne, I'm so fucking fed up .

(Sorry for sounding so miserable or even ungrateful. I'm usually not like this and I do appreciate what you have to say)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.