Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 93

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    They usually have gelatin unless they're those shitty vegan imitation gummies
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Haha, no big deal for Megatoad

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading Yoyo's journal and I've got a few questions that I'm curious about. (Also I commend you all for how much you know about our complex bodies and your willingness to help others)

I'm thinking about eating a LOT more fruit and reduce intake of other foods. (my reccent visit to wholesalers of fresh fruit made me very happy because I can finally get a lot more in with a much lower food bill! Is there any fruit in particular that I should eat? I'm eating mostly nectarines, peaches, pineapples, oranges and grapes) Yesterday I got over 100 oranges for 8 because a couple of them were rotten, normally they are 11.50) The supermarket sell 10 for 2.

Would eating 75% of my intake (by volume not calories since I'm not yet in tune with eating fruit for calories just because of how much I'd need to eat) from fruit be a bad thing if I'm trying to recover from hypothyroidism? (because of the cooling effect which messes with metabolism) I'm eating a tablespoon of coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt before my first meal to help with temp. Running is also helping

Do my issues follow this path? Hypothyroid which lowers metabolism. Lowered metabolism reduced body temperature because the body is in a stressed state and it trying to hold more which is why I'm cold? I'm not sure if that the right 'order' and would my hypo be due to low carb for so long? I figured if I ever do get tests, I should be well educated on why I think I have problem xxxx due to xxxxx.

Also, does liver glycogen (stored energy as I understand it), reduce T3 production which then leads to hypo? Something tells me this isn't right because I didn't eat many carbs which means no stored glycogen and my hypo symptoms were present long before the increase of carbs.

Fructose and the liver myth? I've read that we should try to eat protein with fruit because it helps the assimilation of fructose. Don't really care about the details, but I'm interested in this.

I still plan on eating a small amount of goat cheese ( not everyday), small amount of 1.5% goat milk (not everyday as I think that fresh OJ/greens juice is better right now). Sweet potatoes once or twice a week which is when I would eat meat. Are rice cakes any good for source of starch, like for a snack? If I can find them cheaply. (4 ingredients, brown rice and chocolate http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kallo-Organi...llo+rice+cakes - Dark chocolate is almost twice the price!

EDIT: Ashwagandha came today. Does it matter what time I take it? Upon waking, midday or evening/night?
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-13-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I've been reading Yoyo's journal and I've got a few questions that I'm curious about. (Also I commend you all for how much you know about our complex bodies and your willingness to help others)

I'm thinking about eating a LOT more fruit and reduce intake of other foods. (my reccent visit to wholesalers of fresh fruit made me very happy because I can finally get a lot more in with a much lower food bill! Is there any fruit in particular that I should eat? I'm eating mostly nectarines, peaches, pineapples, oranges and grapes) Yesterday I got over 100 oranges for 8 because a couple of them were rotten, normally they are 11.50) The supermarket sell 10 for 2.

Whatever fruit you like best. Im partial to oranges of all kinds, mangos, bananas, plums and nectarines.

Would eating 75% of my intake (by volume not calories since I'm not yet in tune with eating fruit for calories just because of how much I'd need to eat) from fruit be a bad thing if I'm trying to recover from hypothyroidism? (because of the cooling effect which messes with metabolism) I'm eating a tablespoon of coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt before my first meal to help with temp. Running is also helping

I honestly dont remember ever being cold from eating fruit. I did multiple days of pure fruit when getting away from carnivory and it was the best thing ever. Just keep up with the salt, coconut oil and protein and you should be fine.

Do my issues follow this path? Hypothyroid which lowers metabolism. Lowered metabolism reduced body temperature because the body is in a stressed state and it trying to hold more which is why I'm cold? I'm not sure if that the right 'order' and would my hypo be due to low carb for so long? I figured if I ever do get tests, I should be well educated on why I think I have problem xxxx due to xxxxx.

Your hypo is probably from low calorie in general from trying to eat so cleanly for so long. Low carb was the nail in the coffin. I think the right order to restoring health would be plenty of protein and sugar to clear estrogen and keep a ample supply of T3 and glycogen. Some exercise focused on muscle building to encourage youth hormones and lean mass. Very low PUFA and high saturated fat to rid the body of PUFA stores.

Also, does liver glycogen (stored energy as I understand it), reduce T3 production which then leads to hypo? Something tells me this isn't right because I didn't eat many carbs which means no stored glycogen and my hypo symptoms were present long before the increase of carbs.

T3 is made mainly in the liver and needs liver glycogen among other things to produce it. Its why low carb is so synonymous with hypothyroidism.

Fructose and the liver myth? I've read that we should try to eat protein with fruit because it helps the assimilation of fructose. Don't really care about the details, but I'm interested in this.

The only thing to really worry about would be eating a big amount of PUFA and fructose in the same sitting which can lead to fatty liver and other issues. Yes keep the protein high with fructose.

I still plan on eating a small amount of goat cheese ( not everyday), small amount of 1.5% goat milk (not everyday as I think that fresh OJ/greens juice is better right now). Sweet potatoes once or twice a week which is when I would eat meat. Are rice cakes any good for source of starch, like for a snack? If I can find them cheaply. (4 ingredients, brown rice and chocolate Kallo Organic Milk Chocolate Rice Cake Thins 90 g (Pack of 4): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery - Dark chocolate is almost twice the price!

I think starch in forms like that is a waste of calories and can be problematic for digestion. I would go heavy on the dairy and get some quality meat like lamb a few times a week at least. Shellfish as well if you like it.

EDIT: Ashwagandha came today. Does it matter what time I take it? Upon waking, midday or evening/night?

Take it first thing in the AM on an empty stomach.
    Answers above in bold.

Whatup peoples. Just checking in, not much to report. Been feeling pretty much perfect for a few consecutive weeks now and spending most of my time outside or in the gym. Havent really kept up with anyones journals so hope everyone is doing well!

In case anyone is interested, my diet has been exclusively fat free milk, cheese, ice cream, gelatin, chocolate, fruit/fruit juice, coconut oil, salt and occasional eggs. Been pretty strict and for me, this is it. Everything is just about how i have wanting and working for for a few years now. Stopped taking supplements as well a few days ago, i will keep on the adaptogens intermittently and t3/caffeine if i ever need a pick me up which i havent lately. Oh and i have been drinking good German beer and good wine probably 5 nights a week.

So yea, ill try to update once in awhile and keep answering an questions. Just wont be on as much at least not until the beautiful weather disappears.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Sorry, you have been doing this for a few years now???? After 2 years and you are finally down to 18-20% BF??? What did you weigh before??????????? Unless you were 60 plus pounds or more overweight that is very slow progress IMHO.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-15-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Thanks Zach. I've made a lot more effort on exercise, and going outside more to do it. I've been running in the woods lately, waking up early to do it which I would have only dreamt of doing a few months ago. I've stopped consuming goat milk but still eat the cheese. I've gotten a bit fed up with it and it makes me feel full when I've really not. Juice however doesn't do that so I'm still juicing 2 servings a day. What would you say is a good protein but low fat source? Is 2-3oz cheese a day enough for protein, in addition to fruit? I made some gummy candy today with GL gelatine which aren't too bad, I just felt like trying something new.

I thought I'd share some stuff with you all. Look at the huge Spaghetti squash I'm growing! It has about 11 fruits on it so far and since we can't get spaghetti squash here in the UK, I'm very excited to try it. Also have a load of tomatoes and dozens of parsley plants. The Kale you see in the image below is one of 5 containers, so in total there are about 25 plants. (all for the juicer).

One image of part of the wood, well this is a field within the wood. I love going there when there's hardly anyone else about. (It's not a huge wood, I could probably run the entire perimeter in 15 minutes)

Off topic question: I've never been able to grow a full beard and I'm interested in doing so to see if would suit me (since like most guys, shaving sucks) I can grow a light moustache and goatee but that's about it. I'm not looking for a thick carpet, just light stubble over my skin.My Father, 2 older Brothers and younger twin Brother can all grow beards, so it's not a genetic problem. Could this be a sign of low testosterone or something? It's just strange that I only grow facial hair in one area. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-16-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Dirlot, i was never very overweight. My goals were fixing hypothyroidism, digestive issues and eliminating severe inflammation.

Nstocks, thats awesome dude! The garden and woods looks great, glad you got a nice place to hang outside. Inability to grow facial hair is another sign of hypo and yea it could be about low test as well. Make sure to get at least 100g protein a day.

Put rogaine on your face, beard overnight.

Are you still smoking Zach? Oh, and I wouldn't really include caffeine in supplements, it should just be consumed every single day multiple times a day for the vast health properties it has that is impossible to acquire anywhere else. People who claim sensitivity to caffeine just aren't consuming it properly, or enough, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Put rogaine on your face, beard overnight.
    Lol! I have a full head of (curly/wavy) locks and my face just looks naked. I actually photoshopped a beard onto a my face earlier and it make my face look fuller and masculine

Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast