Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 9

Zach is offline Banned
    Entry 4 - Cause I wanna be, Fred Flintstone?

Weight

Foodz
    wake up 8am (every day)
    10:30am - 3 eggs over easy, 2 cheese sticks
    2:30pm - 2 soft boiled eggs, 2 cheese sticks
    3:30pm - Juice (7 oranges, 5 celery, mint, 15g gelatin, tbs dulse flakes
    3:45pm - 1 apple, 1 orange
    7pm - fish tacos (3 flour tortilla, 9oz white fish, cabbage slaw, white rice, lime, cilantro, mango salsa)
    8pm - 1 pint vanilla ice cream with a few oz of maple syrup
    8:30pm - 1 apple

Exercize
    5pm
    Handstand practice (30 minutes of just balance and hand walking work in the yard)
    Against wall - hands to shoulder walking - 5min as long as possible
    wall walks, hands on ground feet on wall, hand walk body up to vertical and back to parallel - 5min
    Planche pushup - 5x10
    plank front (2min), side (1min) each, front (2:32 as long as possible)

Thoughts
    Funny day. So i was reading more on a diet called The Biorhythm Diet, basically low carb AM/High Carb PM. Decided to give it a go for fun since i havent even attempted a low carb day in over 2 years. First meal was ok, by the second meal i had a headache and a very distinct slowing of heart rate with a bit of palps thrown in. An hour after the second meal i threw in the towel and fruited it up. Sometimes you got to remind yourself why you do what you do, haha. The rest of the day was great, great workout, handstands are coming along nicely. After that, made some awesome fish tacos with the fam and then demo'd a pint of icecream. If anyone has not tried mayple syrup drizzled on vanilla ice cream, DO EETT NOW! Best combo ever. I feel a thousand times better after all that sugar. Oh and there has been good downward trend on the fat loss, woke up leaner then ever and scales are still slowly going down, im a lot denser in triceps, chest and abs so i know im adding muscle as well.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Gluten? Better think twice

https://soundcloud.com/peatremixes/gluten-free-dubstep

(AHAHAHA FUCKING LOL'd)
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Gluten? Better think twice

https://soundcloud.com/peatremixes/gluten-free-dubstep

(AHAHAHA FUCKING LOL'd)
    LOL, wtf was that.

Entry 4 - Lifes short and hard like a body building elf.

Food (from yesterday)
    9:30am - Coffee+
    10:30am - Coffee+
    12am - juice 12oz (4 oranges, 50~ grapes, mint, cilantro, dandelion greens, lime), 3 baked potatoes, 3 eggs over easy.
    6pm - 1lb of hamburger made into 3 patties with cheese on white buns. Side of grilled carrots. 16oz 1% milk - love grilling season!
    9pm - 4 Stella Artois

apples, bananas and oranges thrown in randomly, probably 6 pieces total.

Exercisizzle
    11am
    Turkish get ups - 24kg x 3 x 3 (each side)
    Kettlebell complex - 24kg x clean, squat, press x 5, snatch, squat. 5 x 5 (each side)

4pm (at gym)
    Barbell Power clean + Press - worked up to 195, the press was strict up to 145 then pushed it.
    Barbell Snatch - worked up to 135 doubles
    Snatch Grip Deadlift - 185 x 5 x 3
    Clean Deadlift - worked up to 315 x 3

Thoughts
    First day back in the gym in months and it felt great. I missed barbells so much. Numbers felt really good, looking forward to getting in there at least twice a week.

Digestion has been amazing lately. I can basically eat whatever i want and not get inflammation and the fullness feeling. Betein HCL and Digest Spectrum worked wonders for me, i dont actually take them most days but they sure helped up my digestion power. I think i need to start eating more and im going to aim for 1lb of meat a day and at least a half gallon of milk. Need to buy more gelatin!

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I started a thread a couple of weeks ago (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84039.html) about a LOT of issure I've been experiencing for quite a long time and the fact that going even lower carb and cutting out even more foods groups does not help. Following a higher carb diet with foods I haven't even touched in years (dairy and most fruits) I'm here to report the past 11 days.

In no particular order, just my thoughts from the past week or so.

Bloating has pretty much gone away completely. I find that if I drink too much fruit juice (my only liquids) then I do feel bloated but I’ve learnt to reduce the 2L of fruit juice per day and instead eat higher water fruit. I now consume about 1-1.5L of fruit juice and nothing else. (Refrigerated processed juice, not freshly made at home yet)

Overall I feel more energetic and think that these simple sugars are fuelling me much more effectively than an abundance of animal products of fats. This means that I move around more than I use to but exercise still isn’t great. I eat meat, chicken or salmon at one meal per day along with sweet potatoes as the only “vegetable” though it’s a tuber. My meat supply is almost gone so I’ll have to rely on wild salmon for a while until I have more money – I stocked up on salmon whilst it was cheap. (I only buy organic grass fed meat but the chicken is from a conventional butcher – it’s what the family eat so I personally don’t have to spend extra money on that)

I find that I’m waking up earlier but don’t always get out of bed earlier, mainly because I don’t have anything to do with most of my days. (part-time job, in-between careers) I’m at home about 5-6 days of the week which obviously gets boring, but I don’t worry about it because I can do as I please which is great for stress.

Probably not what you want to hear but I’m masturbating almost daily with good volume… (sorry for grossing you out!) Compared to a month ago, I hardly ever did that because I was always so bloated! Urine was cloudy on 2 occasions, which could be dehydration according to Google. I’m not worrying about it because it hasn’t happened for a few days. Solid waste isn’t much better but I’m probably not eating enough…

I’ve attached a link for a PDF of the past 11 days of eating, sleeping, movement
    and emotions. I know I need to eat more and this comes to my next point.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...od%20Diary.pdf

My skin is still breaking out and having dealt with acne for over 7 years. I have no idea what to do next. I’ve changed my diet quite a lot this past 2 weeks and I don’t want to ‘blame’ these foods for the breakouts – I would have got them anyway. I’m eating dairy (conventional until I find/afford raw organic grass fed) which I’ve avoided for at least 4 years and I’m eating a lot of fruit which again I severely limited for about 3 years.

Perhaps in a few weeks my hormones will balance with my thyroid and they will stop coming up. Breakouts are all below my mouth but mostly along my jawline. Cheeks, forehead and the rest of my body are 100% clear. Of course I’ve looked through MDA and loads more resources and it’s the same old story “Cut out ALL sugar and dairy and be strict paleo” Fuck off, I’ve done that! It’s really annoys me now that people keep reducing macronutrients when they advocate eating a bunch of hard to digest vegetables. I know there is more than just diet but overall my lifestyle is pretty good.

I’ve cut out almost all nuts, seeds and coconut products, other than the occasional dehydrated cinnamon and cocoa kale chips, that contain cashews and coconut sugar. (very, very small quantity) I also made a “paleo” cake with cream cheese for my Mothers Birthday, which was the best dessert I’ve made since going Paleo.

Topically I only use a natural shaving cream and water. I have also been using organic yogurt and organic honey as a facemask, which reduced dryness of skin. (I used an electric shaver for 2 years but this didn’t help acne so I’ve recently changed back to a razor)

Stress could be a factor but I’ve been breaking out in the same area for 2-3 years and I don’t think I’ve been stressed in the typical manner… I do worry about lack of money, which reduces my food intake, then there is the breakout/scar issues themselves which upset me a lot. I estimate that if I ate enough food, it would cost around 40 a week. I earn 60 a week and 25 goes to parents for food/bills. I don’t ask for all of my groceries because my choices are “expensive”. I’ll be selling my car when insurance runs out because I don’t use it enough so this will help.

Dark under eye circles haven’t really gone away even with natural remedies but I don’t worry about them as much as mild acne. (Which is an internal cause anyway)

Supplementation is just sublingual Vitamin D (3000iu) and super enzymes with HCL at dinner with meat. I’ve stopped with the fish oil, brewer’s yeast (chromium for acne) magnesium and all probiotics.

I think that’s it! I look forward to hearing from you and I think that following your advice has proved much better for me than eating a tonne of meat and veggies at every meal.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-10-2013 at 07:22 AM.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Do you save any food for the rest of your family?

Zach is offline Banned
    Some really great stuff happening there!

My main suggestion out of all this is to eat more food! I understand this is hard for you in your current financial situation. I would suggest you go with the big three carb sources of white rice, potatoes and bananas. These are very cheap and filling. Try to get in several servings a day of them. Potatoes and rice you can cook up a huge batch and then just eat throughout the week. Also whenever you get a chance, just make to serving sizes bigger. I cant stress this enough for a young male, you need calories.

The bloating disappearing is a great sign. You might want to drop the HCL/enzymes after awhile and see if that has any effect. If bloating and digestion stay ok then you can use that money to buy food instead. I agree, a cheap masticating juicer would do wonders for you, $50 on amazon is pretty cheap so i suggest you save up for one and stop buying the store stuff for the most part.

Energy coming up is also a great sign. No doubt the carbs are working better then fat. As for the meat issue, i have no idea about england but do you have any local farmers you could buy from? Also eggs and shellfish might be cheaper sources of dense nutrients. I know you dont like eggs but man, you can make em so many ways!

Never TMI in this thread, increased libido and ejaculation is probably the best signal for a man that you are doing the right thing. Testosterone is rising! I highly suggest to start taking the time for more exercise, esp since you have so much free time. Go more more walks in the woods, pick up rocks and tree trunks if you have to but do something strenuous. Also get as much sun and fresh air as humanly possible.

As for your ance issues, i admit i have very little knowledge on this subject because i have never had this problem. I would guess since its always in the same area and has been chronic that is has to do with hormones more then sensitivities or hygiene. My only suggestion would be to follow the above of eat more calories, get more exercise, sun and fresh air and try to keep stress as low as possible. Stay busy, become a child of nature, be productive. Also, have you ever tried washing your face with just baking soda? Its all i wash with and it cleans the pores amazingly. Afterword while my face is still wet i use a homemade lotion of coconut oil, shea butter, honey, vitamin e and aloe. You could try something similar. Usually soaps and store bought lotions just make skin worse.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Sounds mean but no! I cook only for myself and buy only for myself. I'm 22, live with my twin brother, Mum and Dad (2 other brothers moved out). They don't care about their health and Mum has just joined weightwatchers again... Does so every 2 years because Dad constantly brings home crap. Whole family is overweight and always blame it on their job or inconveniences of making a real meal.

Do I feel guilty? Absolutely, but after months of asking them if they want me too cook a meal for them, or if they want to gain a understanding of how to be healthy, they just say "no". I made a birthday cake for the whole family which cost like 15 for the high quality ingredients and I was happy to do so (I earn about 60/week, 25 of which go to parents for some food and bills, though I spend at least 20-30 of my own money per week in addition. Currently selling a lot of my old possessions which I don't need or use - I'm happier to be free of it all.) Next will be my car which cost 700/year to insure

For some background, my brother earns 6-7 times more money than me, buys none of his own food and pays just 5 extra a week in rent. That's fine, I mean I'm not going to set the rates in my household, but just for some perspective of my own situation for buying "All of these special expensive foods" as the family calls it. It's expensive for me relative to what I earn, otherwise it's really not that much. I know my own financial situation is my choice too, there's never overtime at work and I'm working on my career to leave that job.

On top of that, I pretty much do all of the cleaning (to move around!) and never ask for favours in return. I'm very independent and wouldn't want it any other way. (My Brother still has Mum make his packed lunch and cook his dinner... He won't even fill the dishwasher because "He works all day". Well so do millions of other people, they don't eat of paper plates!)

Yes I get quite frustrated a times with the lazy attitude of the family. I'm very different to them but love them all the same.None of this is over exaggerated either.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-10-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Me or Nstocks? That kids eating less then you are!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hey Zach, what brand of digestive enzyme do you take? I've been wanting to add one to my regimen for a while, but am not sure what to look for. Cost is a factor for me, so looking for something that will last a while, but not cost too much!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Currently selling a lot of my old possessions which I don't need or use - I'm happier to be free of it all.)
    I did this as well when i had my kid. Sold almost everything i own and i never felt better in my life. Now i strive to keep only as much stuff as would fit in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hey Zach, what brand of digestive enzyme do you take? I've been wanting to add one to my regimen for a while, but am not sure what to look for. Cost is a factor for me, so looking for something that will last a while, but not cost too much!
    I take Twinlabs Betein HCL which is an awesome brand with no fillers and pretty dang cheap. The Digest Spectrum is an enzyme mix that has stuff to break down pretty much everything including gluten and dairy. Its pretty expensive but i only take it once a day if that, it also has no fillers and is top notch. i can get both of these at my local Co-op.

Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast