Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 85

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Nstocks, I'm sorry if this sounds blunt but my feeling is that you're way over-thinking this. Every post I read from you, you're looking at diet in minute detail and talking about recovering, and raising your body temp. What are you recovering from? From what I remember, you haven't actually had your thyroid tested.

I did Matt Stone's protocol a few months ago, but I only did it for a month. I'd had an ED, and it was a huge step in my recovery from that. Body temp didn't improve, and after I finished the refeeding I got obsessive about it, and after another month had a moment of clarity when I realised that it really didn't matter what my temp was. It's much better to focus on aspects of health that make a distinct change in mood and energy, the temp will follow. (fwiw - I've realised that what really makes me warmer is exercising). On that note- where are you taking your temp - orally or under arm?

I think you need to get over this idea of recovering and just eat the damn food. You're a young, lean guy - you don't need to be obsessing over what you put into your body. I mean, the crux of Stone's protocol is that you eat whatever the fuck you want. Sorry if this is overly blunt but I remember your story and I feel for you. And I just see you making the same mistakes again in a different context.

Oh, fyi - gelatine in morning coffee = guaranteed BM
    I'm recovering from an eating disorder but that's not really my main reason for Diet recovery. My "symptoms" are freezing feet (cold body temp.) , dark under eye circles, mild acne, dry skin, constipation, bloating after eating and no desire to move about. I haven't have my thyroid tested and I don't plan on doing so. From what I've heard, even if the tests comes back "OK", the T3/T4 hormones don't always show up as out of balance and I'd have a very hard time convincing my doctor that anything is wrong with me. (They wouldn't even help my Dad whom has a weird toe nail and said it will cost to have it removed! WTF, we are on the NHS!!!)

Most of my questions recently are about how I'm feeling. I'm constipated and tired a lot of the time but this is an expected outcome of eating so much food. I'm challenging my metabolism, digestion everything so it's not all going to be fun. I'm taking my temp orally and so far it hasn't changed.

I've mostly go over the food phobia, I've ate a lot that I don't normally eat just to see how I react. It's when I post about the foods I'm eating that I get mixed feelings about what I should be eating (again). Like too much fat, cheese can cause constipation, nuts are not great for recovering etc. I appreciate all this advice, but then things get obsessive again because it's like, oh what to eat now! I know I can eat whatever I want, but this end up being pure junk that leaves me hungry every hour.

One thing I'm certain of, it that I shouldn't eat so much before bedtime. My body probably can't work on actually recovering if it has to try and digest food all night.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-06-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea dont worry to much, its takes a lot of manipulating and back peddling to find out what works and doesnt. Both Yoga and I have tried tons of different stuff, you will too.

Definitely try gving your digestion a rest before bed. Even 4-5 hours might be better, i personally like going to bed nearly empty and waking up completely empty and ready to eliminate. Of you get the adrenalin rush/peeing at night feeling then try a small snack of salt/sugar right before bed.

Also salmon is about half 3/4 or more unsaturated. Its a cold water fish so it cant have much saturated in its body.

Zach is offline Banned
    There was a sale AND a new flavor!

diene is offline Senior Member
    OMG, that ice cream looks SO good. Where do you get it from? I've never seen it around here. Sea salted caramel...hmmm...The chocolate malt looks good too!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Butterscotch pecan....

N, I just want to say that I empathize with you in regards to over thinking and obsessing when you're not feeling well. It's a very difficult mindset to get out of once you're already stuck, but I really think you should take Zach's advice. Throw a bunch of food in a pack and just get out of the house, go do something, call up some friends. Just find something to do to STOP THINKING about it. Or even just do the backpack thing so that you already have all your food in one place and don't have to make any decisions throughout the day. Just say, this is what I have so that's what I'm going to eat. At this point your mindset might be even more detrimental than what you're putting into your mouth.

Can I get some quick advice, Zachadoodle? My stomach has not been a happy camper the past few days (I think a lot of it is hormonal, actually, but I'll find out within the week if that is the case..) and so I want to take it easy today - doing mostly liquids (juice, broth), syrup, gelatin and eggs. Whenever I do this I'm always afraid I'm not getting enough to eat so do you think I should plan it out (and if so, how many calories, carbs, protein, etc should I be aiming for?) or should I just go with whatever I'm feeling? So far I've only had a cup of coffee w/ gelatin and sugar today. I'm getting hungry but I don't want to eat anything. It's starting to dawn on me that my energy crashes occur at pretty consistent intervals after meals and I'm on a super high from being fasted right now (same happened yesterday when I didn't eat breakfast) but I know that's not a solution. Arg. Anyway, <3
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Diene, its without a doubt the best store bough ice cream i have had. They managed to make it creamy and soft with only using 5 ingredients (milk, cream, sugar, eggs, salt) and the flavors. My local Whole Foods just started carrying it and they have gotten a new flavor every month or so. Also its cheaper then any other ice cream at under $5 regular and 3.89 on sale!

Om, i wouldnt worry about calories. Just take a break from eating. Drink juice and other liquid calories to keep a steady supply of energy coming in. Make sure to get some protein throughout the day and a decent amount of sugar and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Om, i wouldnt worry about calories. Just take a break from eating. Drink juice and other liquid calories to keep a steady supply of energy coming in. Make sure to get some protein throughout the day and a decent amount of sugar and you should be fine.
    Cool, thanks! Lots of gelatin in juice.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The milk coffee one is the best.

Zach, I have a question, from one man to another...

How do you get a really close shave? I'm getting tired of the permanent 5 o'clock shadow I have. I shave, then after I leave the bathroom it looks like I haven't shaved at all. Or I shaved 2 days ago for something important, and haven't shaved since.

Yeah, Om, don't worry about calorie intake for a few days, it's not going to make anything worse. I've always just ate as many calories as I felt I needed, no more, no less. If I wasn't hungry, I wouldn't it. Could be related to stomach discomfort or mood, either way I never force myself to eat.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Wax dat shit.

:P

There are plenty of Vietnamese women near you who would be happy to do so.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Wax dat shit.

:P

There are plenty of Vietnamese women near you who would be happy to do so.
    Yeah... I don't think so.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast