Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 84

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont know man, a young guys eating schedule should not be so complicated, especially if you got nothing going on!

Heres what i would do if i were you. Fill a bottle with 32oz of salted water. Grab like 6 oranges, 6 bananas, a chunk of cheese and a bar of chocolate. Throw it all in a backpack. Down a litre of chocolate milk and walk out the door. Go get lost in the woods or go to the beach or??? whatever they got in your neck of the woods. Come home at the end of the day, eat a meal, chill out for a bit and go to sleep. Thats it, dont think about shit else.

patski is offline Senior Member
    The one food that raises my body temp like crazy is PANCAKES!!!! Gluten-free from Bob Mills. I can put butter and maple syrup, or ANY concoction of sugar, butter, fruit and cream (caramel, basically) on 'em and within a few minutes, I AM ON FIRE.

I fucking love pancakes!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Does anybody have suggestions for constipation? I hoped that eating over 4000 calories and more food would mean I empty more/faster. So far, this has not been the case. In the past 4 days (since properly doing RRARF) I've gone almost once per day with a few tiny pellet like stools. (I think we are all past the grossness of this kind of talk!)

I really don't want to take some laxative pharmaceutical, but I think most of bloat/large stomach is coming from not passing and waste. Normally this isn't quite as much as a problem, but I've essentially doubled my caloric intake and there's no room for more food!

Temps haven't really improved yet although on one occasion I had a high of 36.9C (98.4F).
    Make yourself some rice pudding with lots of milk, cream, sugar, butter and a good dash of salt. Eat as you wish.

Eat potatoes with butter and lots of salt and pepper. Eat as you wish again.

That should help with moving things along

OH! I ate four slices of pizza last night, a bagel with egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato and cheese for breakfast today...and four more slices of pizza for lunch. AND I SHAT LIKE A CHAMP! Easy bowel movements ROCK!

I'm kind of stunned that after eating all that gluten I was able to poop!

Also, I started doing hot yoga again. It's kicking my ASS HARDCORE. But I take a huge bottle of water that has a nice dose of sugar, a good amount of salt, some lemon slices, and I drink that during any intense exercise, yoga or dancing my ass off at 5Rhythms classes.

Nstocks, I'm sorry...but CROISSANTS ARE AMAZING! You ate the wrong shit man!
    Last edited by patski; 07-05-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    The one food that raises my body temp like crazy is PANCAKES!!!! Gluten-free from Bob Mills. I can put butter and maple syrup, or ANY concoction of sugar, butter, fruit and cream (caramel, basically) on 'em and within a few minutes, I AM ON FIRE.

I fucking love pancakes!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Is the unsaturated fat coming from dairy? It's whole milk, not semi-skimmed or low fat. Not really sure if dairy is saturated, like coconut products.
    Don't lara bars contain nuts? That's one cause. I saw salmon, and some commercial candy bars and stuff in there too. I try to limit my fat intake because adding up fatty foods will cause unsaturates to rise too.
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I...did not move a single bone in my body for 4 minutes and 38 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Om, fine actually. The beer helped i think but the burgers were really greasy and processed so very easy to digest.
    Thank god for booze! Should have had a drink with my burger too
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Nstocks, I'm sorry if this sounds blunt but my feeling is that you're way over-thinking this. Every post I read from you, you're looking at diet in minute detail and talking about recovering, and raising your body temp. What are you recovering from? From what I remember, you haven't actually had your thyroid tested.

I did Matt Stone's protocol a few months ago, but I only did it for a month. I'd had an ED, and it was a huge step in my recovery from that. Body temp didn't improve, and after I finished the refeeding I got obsessive about it, and after another month had a moment of clarity when I realised that it really didn't matter what my temp was. It's much better to focus on aspects of health that make a distinct change in mood and energy, the temp will follow. (fwiw - I've realised that what really makes me warmer is exercising). On that note- where are you taking your temp - orally or under arm?

I think you need to get over this idea of recovering and just eat the damn food. You're a young, lean guy - you don't need to be obsessing over what you put into your body. I mean, the crux of Stone's protocol is that you eat whatever the fuck you want. Sorry if this is overly blunt but I remember your story and I feel for you. And I just see you making the same mistakes again in a different context.

Oh, fyi - gelatine in morning coffee = guaranteed BM
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Aaah, YES! Vitex. Adding that back in rotation starting today. I took it like a few days in a row and got impatient. I must be more consistent!
    I think the key with these progesterone treatments is that you make sure you're getting enough - supplementing the Vitex with the progesterone cream should be good. Taking progesterone would also help with your cycle if you only do it at certain stages (day 16-28). You can take the Vitex the whole way through the month.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I actually eat a good amount of meat mainly from a local butcher shop that only sells organic/grass-fed, and Applegate Farms grass-fed beef burgers. I eat grass-fed beef almost every day; clams, shrimp, grass-fed dairy, eggs, chicken very infrequently, etc. At least 100g protein from these sources. Not consistent with gelatin but I do have both green and red container Great Lakes. I also have gelatinous bone stock when I defrost it. :P Unfortunately my stomach HATES fatty meats and eggs and cheese, and large amounts of fat in general. Coconut and palm oil are major problems.
    The reason I asked about the meat was cos' it made my periods more frequent, so maybe it's doing the same for you? I think if you don't tolerate fatty things so well you should definitely consider cutting back on your meat intake. Also, definitely be consistent with the gelatine. There's something magic in that powder!

Oh, I definitely lean Peat. My only deviation from Peat really is rice, corn, tapioca, and small amounts of other GF grains. but he does have a hierarchy of grains and says masa harina and rice is ok.
    Not trying to nit pick your diet, but when I think of a "Peat diet", I think: mostly liquid, mostly vegetarian: OJ, low fat milk, coffee, gelatine, sugar, oysters, fruit, occasional liver, other dairy, eggs. Plus aspirin, B3, Vitamin E oil. I "leaned Peat" for ages, but recently I started leaning a little more, and it's made a huge difference. I absolutely adore rice, but I'm realising it wasn't doing me any favours.

Actually, you might be interested in this - I went to my acupuncturist yesterday, and she told me that for my condition I should only eat dairy, eggs, and fruit (particularly melon)!! Which is exactly what I've been eating for the last two weeks... From a Chinese Medicine standpoint we don't have enough "Yin" - which is the fluid energy, and eating the above foods really helps with that. Just thought it was interesting that I started to eat like that myself, and I definitely feel better! Might be worth considering <3
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Don't lara bars contain nuts? That's one cause. I saw salmon, and some commercial candy bars and stuff in there too. I try to limit my fat intake because adding up fatty foods will cause unsaturates to rise too.
    They contain cashews, yes, perhaps a tablespoon or so. Salmon is saturated, though isn't it? The candy is of course the worse thing to eat but I'm looking for things that will raise my metabolism and apparently "junk" will do that.

Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast