Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 81

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I just ate some chocolate, and my temp rose to 98.7 (from 98.1) and I'm sweating.

Or it could be all this talk about straitjackets.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    They have form fitting straitjackets, I'm sure.

Chocolate is a pretty potent temperature enhancer. Good fats, theobromine, lots of minerals, and an aphrodisiac.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I think I experienced the body temp raise the other night. I've been eating a bit throughout the day but I don't think it raised my temp until I ate more just now. Definitely not something I want to do while it's so damn hot out, though So uncomfortable.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    So I just ate some chocolate, and my temp rose to 98.7 (from 98.1) and I'm sweating.
    Junk food is a huge temperature raiser. HOWEVER, last night I had a significant temperature raise after eating honey dew melon! But it was a nice raise: just felt a warmth spreading through my body and extremities.

Hey Derp, how would cut problems affect energy, and what would the significance be in getting the shakes?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    So croissants are pretty gross! I barley ate one before throwing it away. At least I tried something, which is more than what I would have done a few months ago!

The ice cream however is delicious! already ate 2 pints.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Junk food is a huge temperature raiser. HOWEVER, last night I had a significant temperature raise after eating honey dew melon! But it was a nice raise: just felt a warmth spreading through my body and extremities.

Hey Derp, how would cut problems affect energy, and what would the significance be in getting the shakes?
    I assume you mean cutting calories? Too low, you feel like shit, <200-500 is ok. Shakes is an indication of that feeling like shit -- low blood sugar.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I assume you mean cutting calories? Too low, you feel like shit, <200-500 is ok. Shakes is an indication of that feeling like shit -- low blood sugar.
    Oops, no that was a typo - meant to say "gut" issues.

I got the shakes the other day, but it was cos' of food poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    So croissants are pretty gross! I barley ate one before throwing it away. At least I tried something, which is more than what I would have done a few months ago!

The ice cream however is delicious! already ate 2 pints.
    Good for you on another win against orthorexia! I actually have been eating bread quite a bit for the last month. It was just out of convenience, and it doesn't agree with me so I'm not going to eat it anymore, but it's nice to know that I can take or leave things now, based on how they make me feel, instead of on hearsay.

And Yeah! That ice cream is fupping good. And only eight ingredients (three of which are sugar)
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-04-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

It would affect it a lot, serotonin comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Good for you on another win against orthorexia! I actually have been eating bread quite a bit for the last month. It was just out of convenience, and it doesn't agree with me so I'm not going to eat it anymore, but it's nice to know that I can take or leave things now, based on how they make me feel, instead of on hearsay.

And Yeah! That ice cream is fupping good. And only eight ingredients (three of which are sugar)

Thanks . I've been eating a fair bit of processed junk for a few month, but always felt really bad about it. Now, I don't really care that much because I'm treating this whole thing as a recovery. (Matt Stone guided)

I feel some of the "negatives" about challenging my body; low energy, brain fog and I've gained 4lbs - straight to my stomach! I'm trying not to obsess about the weight (I'm slim anyway) and hope that eventually it will just go to other places than my stomach. Weigh gain is, according to Stone, most common for 1-2 weeks, up to a few months though.

I need more ice cream now! Peaches and ice cream for breakfast are amazing.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-04-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Does anybody have suggestions for constipation? I hoped that eating over 4000 calories and more food would mean I empty more/faster. So far, this has not been the case. In the past 4 days (since properly doing RRARF) I've gone almost once per day with a few tiny pellet like stools. (I think we are all past the grossness of this kind of talk!)

I really don't want to take some laxative pharmaceutical, but I think most of bloat/large stomach is coming from not passing and waste. Normally this isn't quite as much as a problem, but I've essentially doubled my caloric intake and there's no room for more food!

Temps haven't really improved yet although on one occasion I had a high of 36.9C (98.4F).

Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast