Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 79

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    My temperature is still in the mid 97s, and still low 97s early when I wake up - according to my thermometer. (which I'm not sure is accurate).
    Mine are normally just below that. I'm not sure about the accuracy of my (4) thermometer so what I do it take 3 temps and use the average which is usually .1C difference. Today has been my warmest, at 36.5 C (97.7F) after my first meal. Progress!

diene is offline Senior Member
    I think gelato is made with milk, whereas ice cream is made with cream. I personally prefer gelato because I can eat a lot of it without feeling sick. I'll usually feel slightly sick if I eat too much ice cream. Same thing happens with cake frosting and whipped cream.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oh, mine is well below that. I really don't care anymore
    :O why not! Aren't your feet really cold? (mine have been for years and I've only just figured out why).

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Don't drink any water. (or very, very little). Use Milk for main liquids if you tolerate it as it won't dilute your minerals and extracellular fluids. (those outside of cells). Drink only when thirsty and not because of habits or other recommendations.

Ice Cream is apparently the best food to get temp/metabolism up, as is full fat milk.

Keep stress to a minimum. Low body temp means the body is already under stress so you don't want any external stressors in addition. Don't worry about not being productive with your day if you are on a diet recovery - a long term diet needs a lot of food and rest to recover the body.

It can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of months to get a good temperature. Most info I've seen says that within 3 weeks of intense re-feeding, temperature rises to normal. It's after this rise that you still need to keep eating a lot to really fire up your metabolism to boost thyroid. (if that's what your goal is)
    I only drink water when I'm really thirsty and often I add a bit of salt - unfortunately I have been drinking a lot of coffee (even worse since it's a diuretic) but I load it with a lot of sugar. I can't tolerate milk or dairy ice cream very well.

Trust me, I'm already not very productive with how little (I mean, zero) energy I have and stress is at an absolute minimum right now, so hopefully that will help. I'm keeping myself well fed without over-feeding. Last time I did that I gained too much weight. I know Stone says that's to be expected, but it did not make me happy. Hopefully "adequate" feeding will be more beneficial than "under" feeding even if it isn't as beneficial as "over" feeding. Gah. I don't know. Thanks for the advice, N!
    Last edited by ombat; 07-03-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I only drink water when I'm really thirsty and often I add a bit of salt - unfortunately I have been drinking a lot of coffee (even worse since it's a diuretic) but I load it with a lot of sugar. I can't tolerate milk or dairy ice cream very well.

Trust me, I'm already not very productive with how little (I mean, zero) energy I have and stress is at an absolute minimum right now, so hopefully that will help. I'm keeping myself well fed without over-feeding. Last time I did that I gained too much weight. I know Stone says that's to be expected, but it did not make me happy. Hopefully "adequate" feeding will be more beneficial than "under" feeding even if it isn't as beneficial as "over" feeding. Gah. I don't know. Thanks for the advice, N!
    I'm not productive either. I only work one day a week since graduating and I sit on my ass most of the day watching Friends LOL. Lately I've been gardening though which is great and the sun gives me some energy, which I don't really have right now.

Have your tried Goat milk? Raw is very good, if you can find it.

Yeah the fat gain can definitely be a problem, even I worry about that and I'm barley overweight. I've definitely gained a stomach though but hopefully when my metabolism and digestion improve, that will go. It's strange to be eating more food, when in fact it's still probably not over feeding... Hmm, it will be fine, my body is getting more food that it use to so it's going to have to make do!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I'm not productive either. I only work one day a week since graduating and I sit on my ass most of the day watching Friends LOL. Lately I've been gardening though which is great and the sun gives me some energy, which I don't really have right now.
    Dude, at least do something productive. Watch "Game of Thrones"!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Matt is offline Member
    I watched it, but just started reading the books. Digging the book so far!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I watched it, but just started reading the books. Digging the book so far!
    They're amazing, aren't they?

I'm a complete GOT geek. I've watched every episode in the series three times, am onto book four of the novels, listen to the audiobooks when I need to go to sleep, and just downloaded the soundtrack...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Haha, well I do some productive things, chores mostly. I'm also doing some design work to get me out of my horrid retail job. I reflect on life a lot too in my spare time

Matt is offline Member
    They're amazing, aren't they?

I'm a complete GOT geek. I've watched every episode in the series three times, am onto book four of the novels, listen to the audiobooks when I need to go to sleep, and just downloaded the soundtrack...!
    Yup I love them too. Plan to watch the TV shows again once I finish the books.

Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast