Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 78

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    I just tool 25mcg and tranced out to Miike Snow while doing the dishes.

diene is offline Senior Member
    I don't think my temp has ever hit 98 (except when I'm running a fever). 97.8 is high for me.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I just tool 25mcg and tranced out to Miike Snow while doing the dishes.
    Wish I wasn't too tired to make an "animal" joke.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    No comment on the croissants, but I've been eating ice cream or gelato, (what's the difference anyway) every day over the last month or so. It's freakin' delicious. I just make sure I pick the kind made with sugar and not too much funky stuff added.
    I think Gelato is more of an italian dessert. Not sure what the ingredients are though. I'm not even sure if I'll eat the croissants, I just bought them because I wanted one a few days ago but I'll see how they are.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Wish I wasn't too tired to make an "animal" joke.
    I like that he wrote "tool"..
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I think Gelato is more of an italian dessert. Not sure what the ingredients are though. I'm not even sure if I'll eat the croissants, I just bought them because I wanted one a few days ago but I'll see how they are.
    Oh, no. Didn't mean to come across as judgmental or anything. By all means enjoy them croissants. IDK if it's available in England, but here Talenti gelato is almost everywhere. Most of the flavors are straight forward ingredient-wise. Just the basic few.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Well I'm still working on it... At least I've seen an improvement. Any recommendations?
    Don't drink any water. (or very, very little). Use Milk for main liquids if you tolerate it as it won't dilute your minerals and extracellular fluids. (those outside of cells). Drink only when thirsty and not because of habits or other recommendations.

Ice Cream is apparently the best food to get temp/metabolism up, as is full fat milk.

Keep stress to a minimum. Low body temp means the body is already under stress so you don't want any external stressors in addition. Don't worry about not being productive with your day if you are on a diet recovery - a long term diet needs a lot of food and rest to recover the body.

It can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of months to get a good temperature. Most info I've seen says that within 3 weeks of intense re-feeding, temperature rises to normal. It's after this rise that you still need to keep eating a lot to really fire up your metabolism to boost thyroid. (if that's what your goal is)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    My temperature is still in the mid 97s, and still low 97s early when I wake up - according to my thermometer. (which I'm not sure is accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I thought 98.6 was normal for human beings? Just wondering. Nstocks, have you tried Dry Brushing? I know it doesn't really help with temperature, per se, but it really helped me with my circulation when I was remembering to do it! My cold-blooded little Vampire hands are no more. :P
    98.6 (37C) is the normal body temp, but Matt Stone think it's better for a number of reasons (and depending on the individual circumstance) that it's even better to go above the normal temp. (not by a lot but some report 99F quite frequently after re-feeding)

I'm just looking to get rid of my freezing feet and get to 98.6 for the time being. I dry brush almost daily and have done for over 3 years. It's good for the lymphatic system (and acne) which is also why I do it. Plus it makes you feel more human and like your blood is actually flowing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Oh, no. Didn't mean to come across as judgmental or anything. By all means enjoy them croissants. IDK if it's available in England, but here Talenti gelato is almost everywhere. Most of the flavors are straight forward ingredient-wise. Just the basic few.
    Haha, I wasn't sure if you were or not, but I should have realised that if your'e reading this thread, you aren't judging my every food choice! I've never seen Gelato in the supermarket but I think some do stock it. I think most are fruit based, kinda like a cross between dairy ice cream and sorbet.

Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast