Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 76

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Haagen Daz uses bad sources for their cream, eggs, and milk though. I would recommend that Three Twins you told me about first, if he can get it, or making your own. Haagen Daz can even make my stomach hurt, sometimes. Especially if it's been on the shelf a while.
    In the supermarket, Haagen Dazs is by far the best in terms of how many ingredients are in the product. But, like you know, the ingredients are crap quality. I always think of factory farmed, ill, diseased cows too when it comes to commercial ice cream. I think the goat milk will be far superior as it's from a small shop but I'm not sure on pricing yet.

I've tried making my own with goat milk, but due to the low fat, it doesn't get creams, rather just frozen ice. I really don't want cow milk though so I can't make my own with it either.

Matt is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nstocks, i agree with him and Peat that grains are not an ideal food. I dont eat them when im being serious about diet. I think white flour though is pretty benign just like white sugar, it has gluten yes but i really believe people become gluten sensitive when theyre digestion is crap, allowing it to permeate the gut lining. Good digestion = no sensitivity.

As for cows milk, try some hagaandaz or similar and see how it goes.

Max, yea it definitely doesnt need to be boiled, just warmed, its not even hot when i take it off the stove.
    I agree with this, and it is me to a tee. My issue over the past 6 months is how exactly do I fix my digestion, the million dollar question. I've been able to ditch the Nexium, but still need a zantac (H2 blocker) per day before bed. I've tried HCL, DGL, ACV and still not really digesting well.

My next step was try to the milk thing Zach's been doing, but after 4 days my stomach just couldn't take it anymore.... had to drop that for now. Going to continue my "modified Primal + peat influenced" eating to see if I just need more time. Was on Nexium for 10+ years, so I suppose I cannot expect to be fixed overnight.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I agree with this, and it is me to a tee. My issue over the past 6 months is how exactly do I fix my digestion, the million dollar question. I've been able to ditch the Nexium, but still need a zantac (H2 blocker) per day before bed. I've tried HCL, DGL, ACV and still not really digesting well.

My next step was try to the milk thing Zach's been doing, but after 4 days my stomach just couldn't take it anymore.... had to drop that for now. Going to continue my "modified Primal + peat influenced" eating to see if I just need more time. Was on Nexium for 10+ years, so I suppose I cannot expect to be fixed overnight.
    But how does one improve digestion if they continue eating gluten? Unless you mean cut out gluten, heal digestion and then add gluten back? I'm pretty sure I wasn't quite as sensitive pre-paleo. I don't care for gluten foods that much but I might make my own bread with a rice/tapioca mixture. It has eggs though which I don't really do well with, but I need to challenge my digestion with something!

Here's the recipe: http://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/recipes/g...d-white-bread/

Is yeast a problem for any particular reason? I have brewers yeast but it's inactive and won't work for breat, so I'll just use normal, fast acting yeast.

I'm doing very well with goat milk and cheese (hard is better than soft, I've found). The milk I'm drinking is pretty bland compared to (expensive) Raw milk, but it's fine really for a good source of liquids.

Does Peat have any kind of menu/recipe resources like the Paleo community? Not to familiar with him... Are his ideas between Paleo and Matt Stone?
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-03-2013 at 05:33 AM.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, I haven't been paying much attention to that thing. I guess I'm feeling more closed off.

I'm on an amphetamine high at the moment, I even cut my wrist with a box cutter, just to see how effective it was, and didn't feel anything. Crazy. At least I'm letting out iron.
    Hmmm, amphetamines decrease pain sensitivity?!

Edited to add: Derp, you can't change your name cuz that would be really confusing.
    Last edited by diene; 07-03-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Update - D2

This was yesterday.

9am - 16oz 1% milk, syrup, 40g gelatin, coconut oil, cocoa powder, cinnamon
    12pm - 1 pint Three Twins Caramel and Sea Salt ice cream
    5pm - 16oz 1% milk, syrup, 40g gelatin, coconut oil, cocoa powder, cinnamon
    8pm - juice of 4 oranges, 1 lime, bunch of cilantro
    Snacks - 1/2 bar chocolate, 2oz mozzarella, 16oz milk, 2 plums, 3 bananas, 2 apples, 1 popsicle

Adaptogens and Supps
    8am - 2 droppers Rhodiola rosea, 2 droppers Ashwagandha
    9pm - 2 droppers Rhodiola rosea, 2 droppers Ashwagandha
    25mcg T3

Temps
    Yesterday Morning - 98.6
    Last night - 99.4
    This Morning in bed - 98.7

Thoughts
    For anyone taking the T3, heres my experience. When i first ordered some, last year or maybe a bit earlier then that. I was unable to take even the smallest amount because i would get immediate heart racing/palps. That is obviously a sign i was not using the T3 correctly and maybe had an issue with RT3? Anyway, i ordered some more a bit over a month ago after talking with derp. At first when i took it several weeks ago, i was just taking tiny amounts and it would be a balance between feeling like i took some caffeine, to feeling like i took some speed and i would sweat and be bouncing off walls. Again, not the best reaction but better then a year ago. So i put it on the shelf until yesterday. Derp told me that you need to have a high protein diet which the first two times i was not doing. Since starting the above diet, my protein average is around 150 which is higher then its been in 5+ years when i used to take protein powder on top of meat and feel like horseshit. So anyway, first day i took two nibbles, both times i got the correct feeling of a nice boost of energy and a feeling of calm happiness. Yesterday i upped the dose and took a half a tab, twice. Exact same feeling, but even less pronounced and more even throughout the day. Going on i will push it a bit more to find my tolerance level. So yea, make sure you get the protein and sugar if you are going to take T3!

Also amazed at the temps. They werent this good just a few weeks ago, close but things seems to be working together (diet, supps) and im finally getting exactly where i want to be.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hmmm, amphetamines decrease pain sensitivity?!

Edited to add: Derp, you can't change your name cuz that would be really confusing.
    It decreases everything apparently. I woke up in a massive stupor and I was drooling all over my cat. I'm OK now, I didn't overdo it. Certainly felt great yesterday, like my entire body wasn't even there. I found a similar reaction to adderal, with about the same level of energy.

Yes, most people think it's all about a sugar fest, but high protein is definitely the most crucial to the effectiveness of the diet and how you respond, especially with t3. Protein is necessary for cleansing the liver of estrogen, and endotoxins, one of the reasons many people don't respond too well in the first place.

Ray Peat recommends 80-90g minimum for inactive women, I would say that's fine. Active women, and definitely men, should get considerably more, from good sources. Hell, I'm 145lbs(probably less now) and I get 140-200g a day. Not hard with 32oz cottage cheese, gouda, milk, gelatin, and oysters. Oh, and surprisingly, the protein in fruit does add up.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Im going to aim for more. Is colostrum a good source of protein? What do you think about getting a casein powder and just adding 10g to the milk i drink? That would add an extra 30g a day. If im not eating much or any meat then the inflammatory aminos kinda balance out.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    In the supermarket, Haagen Dazs is by far the best in terms of how many ingredients are in the product. But, like you know, the ingredients are crap quality. I always think of factory farmed, ill, diseased cows too when it comes to commercial ice cream. I think the goat milk will be far superior as it's from a small shop but I'm not sure on pricing yet.

I've tried making my own with goat milk, but due to the low fat, it doesn't get creams, rather just frozen ice. I really don't want cow milk though so I can't make my own with it either.
    Nstocks, have you seen this? Tesco Finest Madagascan Vanilla 500Ml - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

It's super cheap (2.50 for a pint), and only has eight ingredients, including free range egg. Plus it tastes amazing

I also don't think you need to worry so much about cows being factory farmed in this part of the world. Cows are out on pasture for most of the year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thoughts
    For anyone taking the T3, heres my experience. When i first ordered some, last year or maybe a bit earlier then that. I was unable to take even the smallest amount because i would get immediate heart racing/palps. That is obviously a sign i was not using the T3 correctly and maybe had an issue with RT3? Anyway, i ordered some more a bit over a month ago after talking with derp. At first when i took it several weeks ago, i was just taking tiny amounts and it would be a balance between feeling like i took some caffeine, to feeling like i took some speed and i would sweat and be bouncing off walls. Again, not the best reaction but better then a year ago. So i put it on the shelf until yesterday. Derp told me that you need to have a high protein diet which the first two times i was not doing. Since starting the above diet, my protein average is around 150 which is higher then its been in 5+ years when i used to take protein powder on top of meat and feel like horseshit. So anyway, first day i took two nibbles, both times i got the correct feeling of a nice boost of energy and a feeling of calm happiness. Yesterday i upped the dose and took a half a tab, twice. Exact same feeling, but even less pronounced and more even throughout the day. Going on i will push it a bit more to find my tolerance level. So yea, make sure you get the protein and sugar if you are going to take T3!

Also amazed at the temps. They werent this good just a few weeks ago, close but things seems to be working together (diet, supps) and im finally getting exactly where i want to be.
    Will be interesting to see if your weight loss speeds up with the T3!

Also, about the increase in temps... I don't know if I want to increase my temp if it means sweating even more than I already do
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Im actually not sweating anymore from the t3. I will still sweat easy out in the sun or lifting weights or something but before i was sweating from an adrenalin rush type of feeling.

Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast