Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 75

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Sounds like a great dinner! Why dont you make those dolmas again? Also whats the problem with cows milk ice cream?

I hear you man, probably the only real reason why i post on forums and talk to you guys is because im seriously interested in it and i know not a single person in real life who cares at all. I have a cousin who still asks me what diet im on this time every time she sees me. Now i just say the pizza and beer diet to piss her off.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I think I will! Tomorrow I'm making Shepard pie for the family (with white potatoes which I haven't eaten in years). The dolmas are in "Practical Paleo" which I still have and I'll probably make those with some rice. (instead of the cauliflower as per the recipe)

I know, it's hard to believe that there isn't anyone that we can completely relate to in the real world. Not everyone has an interest in this which is understandable. I'm really interested in hormones right now, mostly because they are confusing (like cortisol is stress but is apparently other things?) and because it makes sense to know what is going to get me better. Purely from a interest and research point of view, not philosophical diet BS.

Another reason for avoiding certain foods is because my family see me as a "health person" and I quite like that identity. Going to McDonalds, eating ice cream and bread will in some ways, make me loose who I am as a person and what I believe in. Food and health have taken up a big part of my daily life so it's natural to want to retain some of that. A change is good though if it means that finally all of the research and beliefs are working for me and are not just written about for some ideology. "What is health" is a very food topic in DR2. It's about how YOUR body responds, not what the mineral content of "Food X" is. (though we need those too!)

The problem with cow milk is that it gives me gas and a sharp pain in my stomach. And acne around my mouth.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You have to warm all the liquids and drink it hot/warm otherwise it will start to gelatinize. Are you afraid of warming milk or something? I find its even easier to digest warmed up with sugar added.

Heres what i do..

Small sauce pan, turn burner on medium. Paur in milk, i could to 16 quickly, a quick second = 1oz. Stir in cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt, cinnimon and coconut oil, after things are mixed i stir in the gelatin relatively slowely so it doesnt coagulate, mix until coconut oil and gelatin are completely dissolved, pour in a glass and drink within 5-10 minutes. Do it right and it should be smokth and frothy.
    Sounds great, I'll give it a try. Lol I'm not afraid to warm milk, I think I just used to make oatmeal and boil the milk and it would be a bitch to clean up. I guess medium heat I don't have to worry about it.

Zach is offline Banned
    Nstocks, i agree with him and Peat that grains are not an ideal food. I dont eat them when im being serious about diet. I think white flour though is pretty benign just like white sugar, it has gluten yes but i really believe people become gluten sensitive when theyre digestion is crap, allowing it to permeate the gut lining. Good digestion = no sensitivity.

As for cows milk, try some hagaandaz or similar and see how it goes.

Max, yea it definitely doesnt need to be boiled, just warmed, its not even hot when i take it off the stove.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Haagen Daz uses bad sources for their cream, eggs, and milk though. I would recommend that Three Twins you told me about first, if he can get it, or making your own. Haagen Daz can even make my stomach hurt, sometimes. Especially if it's been on the shelf a while.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Haagen Daz uses bad sources for their cream, eggs, and milk though. I would recommend that Three Twins you told me about first, if he can get it, or making your own. Haagen Daz can even make my stomach hurt, sometimes. Especially if it's been on the shelf a while.
    Hes from Merry ol' England, so no Three Twins most likely. There has to be a local quality ice cream there that just uses milk, cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla.

Oh, fuck, I should pay more attention to people's locations.

Zach is offline Banned
    Derp! How you been man? Any thing interesting happening? Your journal entry leaves a bit to be desired.

Yeah, I haven't been paying much attention to that thing. I guess I'm feeling more closed off.

I'm on an amphetamine high at the moment, I even cut my wrist with a box cutter, just to see how effective it was, and didn't feel anything. Crazy. At least I'm letting out iron.

Zach is offline Banned
    Good god, your emo!

Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast