Page 73 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 73

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you have any sites or book recommendations for how to use adaptogens? I got eleuthero root. I'm waiting to get the hang of some other supplements (mostly figuring out when I want to take magnesium & making sure it works well) before I try it. No idea what kind of dose to use or when to take it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zach is offline Banned
    No, im just going by the recommended dosage on the bottle and usually doubling it. I did run across a book that sounded really good with detailed writeups of 23 or so adaptogens. Ill see if i can find it again later, i wouldnt mind reading it.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Zach, I think if I ate what you did, I'd be so hungry. Can't imagine eating only fruit and milk.

I took rhodiola for about 1.5-2 weeks, and it was freaking amazing. I totally didn't expect it to do anything, but it actually worked. Helped me fall asleep quickly at night and got rid of the afternoon crash. I switched to ashwagandha three days ago, and it doesn't work as well for me. Maybe I'm not taking enough? I've been taking three dropperfuls, but I think I'll up it to four. I want to go back to the rhodiola but don't want to develop a tolerance to it.

Zach is offline Banned
    So far as i have read RR doesnt build up a tolerance like other adaptogens do. Also RR and ashwa are good stacked together so try that!

As for being hungry, add 80g of gelatin to your milk!

Hmmm, maybe I'll take both tonight then.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    As for being hungry, add 80g of gelatin to your milk!
    I second that. I've been having two sachets of knox gelatine (don't know how much is in each one?) in my morning coffees, and definitely noticing appetite suppression, and a distinct reduction of interest in meat...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yeah, I'm inconsistent with my gelatin intake. I don't consume any when I forget to make jello the day before (I forget often). I just like jello so much that I think it's a waste to consume it without first turning it into jello. This probably makes no sense, but i guess I think of it more as a food than a supplement.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I second that. I've been having two sachets of knox gelatine (don't know how much is in each one?) in my morning coffees, and definitely noticing appetite suppression, and a distinct reduction of interest in meat...
    8g each.

Im trying to get upwards of 100g a day as an experiment. Its kind of hard to do though and expensive! I just got two green cans and buy the knox by the case so i should be able to do it for a couple weeks anyway.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    8g each.

Im trying to get upwards of 100g a day as an experiment. Its kind of hard to do though and expensive! I just got two green cans and buy the knox by the case so i should be able to do it for a couple weeks anyway.
    WOAH - 100g a day?? That's impressive. THe most I had was 24g

Have you tried making coffee jello? I made it by accident the other day - forgot about my coffee and went I went back it had jello-fied. It tasted great actually! Coffee, milk, maple syrup
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Haha, yea that happens if i let my chocolate milk cool too. I havnt really made anything because im really lazt when it comes to food prep.

Page 73 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast