Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 70

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sweet potato brownies!!! I remember those!

I've also remembered a rice cake from a korean youtube chef:White steamed rice cake (Baekseolgi) - YouTube

Looks a bit technical and that rice flour seems specific, but I've not looked into it yet.

The Paleo pizza I made was very tasty, but as it's almond flour, it leaves me with a weird full feeling... I doubt rice flour would do that. (but coconut flour also doesn't sit very well with me) Rice in it's whole form is to be, boring and unappetising texture.

Have you ever used rice flour for pancakes? I'm thinking these would be good covered in jam or something instead of having a bunch of fruit in the morning. Apparently, eating a lot of carbs as soon as you wake up is very important for a low metabolism. Right now, I'm doing the opposite and eating very cooling foods.

Thanks for the inspiration
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.

diene is offline Senior Member
    No, I've never made rice flour pancakes before. I don't really like pancakes that much.

Zach is offline Banned
    Sorry Nstocks, im a pretty boring eater. I eat the foods i enjoy and that treat me best. You could try cooking with niximalated (sp??) corn flour and make tortillas and corn bread? With tortillas you could make breakfast burritos with eggs, meat, rice, etc. also try beans and see how they treat you. Other then that, dairy, chocolate, sugar, dry fruit, meat are going to be the staples. You could cook more veggies that agree with you like potatoes, carrots, corn, peas, etc and add lots of butter and salt. Oh and get a rice maker and eat rice with every meal, its boring but its calories and is very warming.

As for temps, gotta keep repeatin myself, eat more!

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Oh and get a rice maker and eat rice with every meal, its boring but its calories and is very warming.
    Rice loaded with maple syrup, butter, and salt is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Rice loaded with maple syrup, butter, and salt is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
    Maple syrup... Why didnt i think of that!

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I always eat the same stuff, esp. with strict Paleo, but I guess since I'm eating more (4000 calories today, 200g carbs), I want more choice. I always seem to grave the things I don't have, like goat ice cream. I've not had meat of a few weeks even though I have some GFed stuff in the freezer, perhaps that will be suffice.

I'm actually dehydrating a few pineapples since they are 1 each right now and I could do with the calories, not water in order to satisfy my fruit needs. Still eating a lot of sweet potatoes.

Are those Frosted Flakes ( I think they are called) and good? The chocolate rice cereal made me feel a bit sickly for my first meal of the day. (Strawberry flavoured goat ice cream sounds immense for breakfast right now!) I don't know, some days I want only raw food, other I want cooked food and sometimes the idea of breads/pancakes makes me feel sick. It's strange.

Zach, what do you remember eating when raising metabolism? (since it's probably different to what you eat now)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-01-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    You mean with normal, boiled rice? That sounds kinda gross to me. Rice cakes with chocolate is perhaps palatable, but the price shoots up with those kind of things.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    You mean with normal, boiled rice? That sounds kinda gross to me. Rice cakes with chocolate is perhaps palatable, but the price shoots up with those kind of things.
    Yea, I have an odd taste since restricting my intake a few years ago. I also eat the whole core of apples/pears, the shell of peanuts and sunflower seeds (back when I was a PUFA-er), chicken bones and marrow, etc. I think it's cause I was depriving myself and would eat the whole apple to get just a little more food.

Zach is offline Banned
    I didnt drink milk at all. I ate a lot of starch from rice, bread and potatoes. Lots of fruit, ice cream, cheese, black beans, eggs, pizza.

Limiting wheat really puts you at a disadvantage, sammiches, toast, french toast, etc. id say sub in rice and potatoes at every meal. Make lots of hash browns and skillet potatoes with tons of coconut oil. Oh yea coconut oil and salt all day.

PrimalCon New York
    Maybe I'll give rice a shot. We have loads at home, and a rice maker. I'll just look around the internet for interesting recipes/uses.

I've just had a 40 minute epson salt and sodium bicarbonate bath and my temp has actually dropped .3C since my last recording after dinner. I'm not getting obsessive over this, just for the first few days as noted in DR2 and then reduce checking temp. every morning for a month or so. Popcorn seems pretty simple for getting some salt and carbs without too many ingredients, worse being vegetable oil and this would be good for those time when I'm cold or when temp, drops. (like before bed and mid afternoon when my feet are blocks of ice)

Hmmm, is it wheat that puts me at a disadvantage or just the type of foods that contain wheat? (like bread, pastries etc.)? It's a huge change from my old habits and maybe I need to let them go once and for all. (I've loosened up quite a lot, but gluten is still a problem. Bloating being the biggest reason for not wanting to eat it anymore - It means that there less room/desire to eat more food)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-01-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast