Page 7 of 113 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 7

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You need protein to actually build the muscle but muscle is only 30% protein, the rest glycogen and water. You need carbs to fuel the muscles to get bigger and for energy. You will get a feel for where i got protein and my exercise schedule in the coming days.

Oh man badminton is the shit. You wont be building any muscle playing it but who cares, its fucking fun! Bring that shit over to my house and ill show you whats up! :P
    Goodo! I'm looking forward to real exercise to finally add some mass... 20 pushups/situps a day aren't cutting it LOL.

Badminton is really fun, I mostly don't exercise because I find it boring and the whole "post workout" thing annoys me for some reason. I'm really good at badminton, got at least 15 1st medals!
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    There might be useful info in here.

Ray Peat Cortisol and Diabetes 180 Degree Health
    Hey dude / Dear Zach,

I read the article - very interesting stuff!

In my experience, losing fat has been highly detrimental to health and metabolism without exception, and my primary strength has been helping people recover from losing fat, so its an interesting point of view. It would be funny if the increasing body fat that Americans see with advancing age was really a great protector against the Standard American Diet. Ive argued all along that the human body is not stupid, and does the best it can with the tools it is presented with.
    I've read that fat acts in a hormonal capacity - is this what he's referring to?

Also, it still didn't explain "cortisol spikes": how do you know that getting up at night needing to pee is a symptom of one?

Sincerely yours,

Sleepless in London
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    I think hes referring to fat stores keeping us healthy by trapping all the poison we eat. Thats why losing fat can be so unhealthy. I may play a hormonal role as well but i don think excess fat is healthy in any way. Matt Stone thinks that there is no real healthy way to intentionally lose fat, i disagree.

I think its adrenalin that is waking you up. Adrenalin spikes when cortisol rises but its the adrenalin you need to blunt. Im not sure exactly how it all works, cortisol is a catabolic hormone and has a normal rhythm. Keeping it low with anabolic foods, rest and staying stress free should he the main focus. I understand what you are asking and dont know why for some people their cortisol levels are out of wack. Hormones are tricky business, thats for sure.

Zach is offline Banned
    Entry 2 - I’m the baddest of the bad, I’m the best that you’ve ever had.

Food
    9:30 - fresh juice (3 oranges, mint, 1 lemon, 5 celery)
    11:00 - french toast, 4 white bread, 4 egg whites, splash of milk, lots of maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract. 2 glasses %1 milk
    4pm - 4 bananas, 1/4 pan brownies, 2 glasses milk
    6pm - 6oz ribeye, 1 cup white sticky rice, 1 orange
    8pm - homemade pizza, sourdough crust, marinara, a few oz mozerella cheese. ate the whole thing. 1/2 gallon %1 milk

Exercise
    10am
    Kettlebell front squats 24kg x10,10,10,10,10,10
    Pistol (one legged squat) practice, lower down to bottom, roll to back, roll back to foot and up, 5 each leg, 5,5,5,5
    5pm
    hanging leg raises - 3x10
    dips - 3x10

Thoughts
    Today was much more normal. Ate a shit load, probably more fat then i would have liked but oh well. Drank a whole gallon of milk for some reason. Drove out and picked up about 40lbs of grassfed beef today, 30lbs ground, 9lbs tenderloin/ribeye/tbone and 1lb liver. So much cheaper then the coop and just in time for bbq season! That second set of exercise was done at the playground and also went for a long walk with the fam and dog.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    If you don't like it, you can shove it. But you don't like it, you love it.

EDIT: Ha, I had never actually seen the video for this song. Hilarious. And perfect.

Last edited by ombat; 05-05-2013 at 10:38 PM.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Zach /

Subscribed!!

Plz post food pr0n pics maybe? Heh Looking forward to your updates!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    If you don't like it, you can shove it. But you don't like it, you love it.

EDIT: Ha, I had never actually seen the video for this song. Hilarious. And perfect.

Haha, totally. Awesomest dorks ever.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Hi, Zach /

Subscribed!!

Plz post food pr0n pics maybe? Heh Looking forward to your updates!
    Will do! Most days certainly wont be pr0n worthy though since i hate cooking.

Zach is offline Banned
    Had to share this pic of my kid from yesterday. I mean wtf, how cute can you get?!

ghhh.jpg

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Entry 2 - I’m the baddest of the bad, I’m the best that you’ve ever had.

Food
    9:30 - fresh juice (3 oranges, mint, 1 lemon, 5 celery)
    11:00 - french toast, 4 white bread, 4 egg whites, splash of milk, lots of maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract. 2 glasses %1 milk
    4pm - 4 bananas, 1/4 pan brownies, 2 glasses milk
    6pm - 6oz ribeye, 1 cup white sticky rice, 1 orange
    8pm - homemade pizza, sourdough crust, marinara, a few oz mozerella cheese. ate the whole thing. 1/2 gallon %1 milk

Exercise
    10am
    Kettlebell front squats 24kg x10,10,10,10,10,10
    Pistol (one legged squat) practice, lower down to bottom, roll to back, roll back to foot and up, 5 each leg, 5,5,5,5
    5pm
    hanging leg raises - 3x10
    dips - 3x10

Thoughts
    Today was much more normal. Ate a shit load, probably more fat then i would have liked but oh well. Drank a whole gallon of milk for some reason. Drove out and picked up about 40lbs of grassfed beef today, 30lbs ground, 9lbs tenderloin/ribeye/tbone and 1lb liver. So much cheaper then the coop and just in time for bbq season! That second set of exercise was done at the playground and also went for a long walk with the fam and dog.
    Wow Zach, been following your diet posts. White bread, French Toast, Maple Syrup, beer, croissants, pizza, gummy bears - but don't dare have any fat..ha ha! You must be descended from the Grok who sat beside the beehive or Maple tree eating honey and licking sap all day, you wouldn't be just poking fun at the whole Paleo thing would you? This is exactly how I use to eat and train when I was over 200 lbs with over 20% body fat, suffered from arthritis, had high BP and recurring seasonal allergies. So it didn't work for me.

On a serious note wishing you the best of luck, each of us have to find a way that works for our own personal physiologies. I really believe one size does not fit all and this approach may well work for some.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-06-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow Zach, this is exactly how I use to eat and train when I was over 200 lbs and 20% body fat. So it didn't work for me. Since I ditched the grains and sugars I'm now 168 and under 13% body fat. Best of luck to you though, each of us have to find a way that works for us.
    Mmm, i bet you could eat that way again and still keep a low bf%. Its all about raising metabolism and fixing digestion issues. Also thats definitely not a typical day, i will usually only eat wheat 1-2 times a week. Also everything i eat is the highest quality, grass fed, organic, pastured, etc, etc.

Page 7 of 113 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast