Page 64 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 64

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Its been a long journay man and would take awhile to write up and remember everything. I think find the foods that worked best for me and eliminating the foods that didnt was the biggest step. Juicing and a high fruit diet was the main cure for my digestive issues. Getting a ton more protein and dairy helped with thyroid and salt helped with heat. And ea my meals have changed drastically in the last half a year. Before i was eating things i thought i should be eating, now i eat only what i want and what makes me feel good.

Om, sorry bout saying id post em in a a week. Im holding off now because im going to do a writeup and want the pbefore and afters to be dramatic.
    Was Matt Stone a catalyst for your journey, or was you familiar with Peat at the time of changing diet? Did you figure your problems were related to thyroid discovering 180degreehealth since "eat for Heat" was actually only released November 2012. (I thought it was 2010)

When you started to increase metabolism, did you persist with the heating foods (referring to Stone), even if they made you feel like crap? I've just had a bowl of chocolate rice cereal and pasteurised goat milk and I have gas :/. I hear that Stone recommends the heat protocol for at least 30 days (like any "diet"), so I'm planning to just get through it and hope I feel better afterwards. (I've also bought a thermometer)

I've gone through my diet changes (since trying to clear acne and respect my body) and in a nutshell this is what my life was like from the age of 19. (I'm now 22)

July 2010: Visited Doctor for suspected anaemia. Blood tests came back ok and the Doc didn't do anything else for me. (underweight, dark circles, extremely pale and very tired with hormonal acne) Started reading up on health and nutrition but didn't change diet.

July 2011: Went gluten free with persistent acne. Broke down a lot with the stress of university too.

February 2012: Eliminated all processed foods, did a 2 month candida cleanse. Ate mostly salad and chicken, low carb.

March 2012: Paid for a food intolerance test (with hair sample). Turned out that most of the "healthy" food I'd been eating, I was intolerant to.

July 2012: Went 100% Paleo (mostly with fats and strictly no grains), even lower carb but ate red meat (having cut it out 6 years prior) and a lot of nuts. Baked a lot of sugar free goods with Almond flour.

February - March 2013: Further restricted my Paleo diet with Auto-immune protocol. No eggs, FODMAPS, nuts, seeds, nightshades, pork or dairy though I wasn't eatting dairy, having cut it out in 2008)

May to present day: No vegetables, some fruit, a lot of dairy, high carb, less meat, no supplements and less fear of food. Still have the same problems I had in July 2010: Acne, dark circles, cold feet but I'm also bloated most of the time now.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-26-2013 at 02:45 PM.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Very little. I had gained a good amount of fat alreay on low carb/low calorie paleo. My stint with carnivory lost me a little fat but i was sitting at around 203 when i found Matt Stone. Fast forward about 3 years, i was sitting at 220 at my very highest and around 213 for months. Since i started my current way of eating thanks to Peat/derp/matt/durian, i dropped to 190~ in only a few months. Right now im still sitting in the upper 180s and leaning out/gaining muscle at the same time.
    So you gained more fat once finding matt stone? I feel like I have definitely gained fat, perhaps cause I am blatantly over eating and maybe also because I am coming from running high mileage for years and now stopping. I'm expecting to gain fat but hoping to see it drop eventually once I stop overeating and just eat normally.

I'm away with the family for a few days, had french Toast this morning and felt fine after. I don't think I was ever insulin resistant from six months lowish carb though either.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea Stone got me to change everything. His first book i read was his original RRARF book which i still think would be a good read today. Mostly avoided PUFA, beans, veggies and limited grains. Still ate a ton of meat and fat though which was not helping. The RRARF protocol is to basically stuff yourself for a month while trying to get as most rest and be as stress free as possible. I did that for a few months and thats when i gained maybe 20lbs. After i started reading more Peat stuff and also experimenting with durian Riders ideas like cutting fat/animal products and upping sugar instead of starch is when i started getting even better results.

N, ill get more in depth with you when i have time.

Max, i think you are on the right track. Obviously you are going to gain fat when coming from a high cardio/low carb/low cal background to overeating and not much cardio. Just keep adding muscle and eating big.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Excuses excuses.

Lets do a single meal for most calories. 1 hour time limit? Foods are limited to simple stuff that you buy or make so its easier to keep track of calories. No going to a buffet or mcdonalds. Post a screenshot of a website like nutritiondata or cronometer of your totals. Also pics of food are encouraged.

Lets say entries need to be in by monday. Id love to hear plans if you have any. Lets take this serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    If you guys are doing a one hour eating window then you have to record it on video

Okay, so you're allowed to eat anything, but the person who eats the most calories wins? Then wouldn't it be most efficient (if your goal is to win) to just consume a jar of coconut oil? Least volume, highest energy density. (You'd probably have to sit on the toilet for the rest of the day, but you'd win?) Anyway, okay, I'm in. I will do it on Sunday. No cheating.

YB--I think videotaping it will cause me to lose because I will be too embarrassed to eat a lot on video. But I think I will take a picture of all the food I'm going to eat so you can see it. I think I'll have a before pile--all the food I'm prepared to eat, and an "after" pile with all the food I didn't end up eating so before minus after would be all the food I ate.

This is going to be so disgusting but fun. I really wanted to do this eating contest at a burger joint around here, you have to eat this humongous burger + a shot + an alcoholic milkshake within 12 minutes or something. Problem is the buns are soft pretzels, and I really didn't want to eat the wheat.

Oh, is alcohol allowed in this contest? I can eat more after a couple drinks. ;D

diene is offline Senior Member
    Oh, unrelated, Zach, you mentioned in Derp's journal and in Drumroll's post that you're taking ashwagandha and siberian ginseng? I'm taking rhodiola now, and I think it's made a difference for me. I think it's helped me sleep better and so I don't get that afternoon crash anymore. I ordered ashwagandha, but it got lost in the mail. But amazon is sending me another one for free. So you said that you rotate the ashwagandha and the siberian ginseng weekly? So you take one one week and the other the next week and rotate like that? I'm thinking about rotating rhodiola and ashwagandha so that they don't stop working. Should I take siberian ginseng too, or is rhodiola/ashwagandha enough for now?

Zach is offline Banned
    For sure, eat a jar of coconut oil for the win, would love to hear how that goes down, haha. I plan on eating some calories dense stuff like ice cream and cheese and lots of liquids.

Yea right now i take ashwagandha for like two weeks and ginsing for a week. I just picked up rosea as well and will take that on top of the others. I think i will keep experimenting with other herbs and adaptogens. Im really liking them so far.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Guys, I'm a little nervous. I'm not sure if any of you could shed some light on this.

I've had neck issues for years. They've gotten better, but shooting, cold pain down my right arm made me pay a visit to my doctor. My athletic therapist (who is AMAZING) can fix just about any pain I've thrown her way. But these symptoms made her a bit nervous.

I had an x-ray done on my c-spine and hadn't heard back. I thought I was out of the woods. Meanwhile...

...I got a call today from my doctor's office saying I have very early signs of wear and tear on my lower neck.

WTF? I'm 30 years old. Is this normal?! I'm calling back tomorrow to get a straight answer. Is there anything I can do?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Zach-

nice

so interested to keep following this thread.
    I've been doing super high fruits lately now that summer is here, with raw eggs, some fish and meat, veggies, and superfoods. Just like my 80 10 10 ish days, I find it a bellyful to get enough cals in when doing fruits! how are you doing with this? The meats do help though. Are you doing raw dairy?
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Patski, I don't know how to help you, but do you know why your neck is in such bad shape (an injury, etc.) or is the cause of the issue completely unknown?

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally415 View Post
    Zach-

nice

so interested to keep following this thread.
    I've been doing super high fruits lately now that summer is here, with raw eggs, some fish and meat, veggies, and superfoods. Just like my 80 10 10 ish days, I find it a bellyful to get enough cals in when doing fruits! how are you doing with this? The meats do help though. Are you doing raw dairy?
    My four main foods are fruit, dairy, eggs and chocolate. I supplement with gelatin, maple syrup and salt. Once or twice a week i will have some meat and wheat. No to raw dairy, i live in a banned state. Just doing grassfed 1%. I try to keep fats low and mostly saturated and sugar high with very little starch. Its been absolutely great. I do believe in raw being superior for health.

Pat, id ask the same thing Om did, what started the degeneration?

Page 64 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast