Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 63

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    haha - why "lifted"?
    It is just another way of saying "high" or "stoned" or "baked". Stoner-slang.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Zach, when eating to raise your metabolism and body temperature, did you gain fat before you started to lose it?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Zach, when eating to raise your metabolism and body temperature, did you gain fat before you started to lose it?
    Very little. I had gained a good amount of fat alreay on low carb/low calorie paleo. My stint with carnivory lost me a little fat but i was sitting at around 203 when i found Matt Stone. Fast forward about 3 years, i was sitting at 220 at my very highest and around 213 for months. Since i started my current way of eating thanks to Peat/derp/matt/durian, i dropped to 190~ in only a few months. Right now im still sitting in the upper 180s and leaning out/gaining muscle at the same time.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I'd like to know this too. I've read it's quite common to gain some fat when starting out since the body isn't capable of burning so much right away.

Did you feel tired at the beginning too? Something tells me that since I've restricted carbs for a almost 2 years, my body can't process them as efficiently? "Use it or loose it" - the statements made when Vegans go Paleo. Also, how tall are you Zach?
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-26-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Zach was quicker to reply than I could type my additional question.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I'd like to know this too. I've read it's quite common to gain some fat when starting out since the body isn't capable of burning so much right away.

Did you feel tired at the beginning too? Something tells me that since I've restricted carbs for a almost 2 years, my body can't process them as efficiently? "Use it or loose it" - the statements made when Vegans go Paleo.
    I felt like shit everytime i ate carbs and especially carbs and fat together. My digestion was fucked and i had insulin resistance and hypothyroidism following carnivory/VLC. It took maybe 2 years of dicking around to feel %80like i do now except i would still have relapses and was still fighting hypo and digestion. The last 7-8 months? Since first coming to these boards really is when i started really putting all the pieces together. Now im on another level that i couldnt even dream about a few years ago.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I felt like shit everytime i ate carbs and especially carbs and fat together. My digestion was fucked and i had insulin resistance and hypothyroidism following carnivory/VLC. It took maybe 2 years of dicking around to feel %80like i do now except i would still have relapses and was still fighting hypo and digestion. The last 7-8 months? Since first coming to these boards really is when i started really putting all the pieces together. Now im on another level that i couldnt even dream about a few years ago.
    Well that could also explain why I feel like shit eating carbs and sometimes leaving a 3-4 hours window between the next meal or snack. Did you have very bad sugar spikes that meant you had to eat more frequently?

How are your meals different now, compared to when you was fighting digestive issues? Was it food combining over the 2 years that finally got you better, or just eating more carbs/variety of carbs from foods which your didn't have as bad reactions to? (or at least the way the Paleo people say a handful of grapes will spike your insulin if you don't eat half a cow with them)

Did you follow many of the "Eat for Heat" meal examples when you started to increase metabolism (not sure when the eBook was published) or just increase food consumption?

I've just worked out that todays dinner will have 200g carbs, all from sweet potatoes! That's a lot of spuds! (but the volume goes way down when baked)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-26-2013 at 11:05 AM.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Very little. I had gained a good amount of fat alreay on low carb/low calorie paleo. My stint with carnivory lost me a little fat but i was sitting at around 203 when i found Matt Stone. Fast forward about 3 years, i was sitting at 220 at my very highest and around 213 for months. Since i started my current way of eating thanks to Peat/derp/matt/durian, i dropped to 190~ in only a few months. Right now im still sitting in the upper 180s and leaning out/gaining muscle at the same time.
    PICTURES!! Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiictuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuures. *panting*

Also I want this contest on video.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Well that could also explain why I feel like shit eating carbs and sometimes leaving a 3-4 hours window between the next meal or snack. Did you have very bad sugar spikes that meant you had to eat more frequently?

How are your meals different now, compared to when you was fighting digestive issues? Was it food combining over the 2 years that finally got you better, or just eating more carbs/variety of carbs from foods which your didn't have as bad reactions to? (or at least the way the Paleo people say a handful of grapes will spike your insulin if you don't eat half a cow with them)

Did you follow many of the "Eat for Heat" meal examples when you started to increase metabolism (not sure when the eBook was published) or just increase food consumption?

I've just worked out that todays dinner will have 200g carbs, all from sweet potatoes! That's a lot of spuds! (but the volume goes way down when baked)
    Its been a long journay man and would take awhile to write up and remember everything. I think find the foods that worked best for me and eliminating the foods that didnt was the biggest step. Juicing and a high fruit diet was the main cure for my digestive issues. Getting a ton more protein and dairy helped with thyroid and salt helped with heat. And ea my meals have changed drastically in the last half a year. Before i was eating things i thought i should be eating, now i eat only what i want and what makes me feel good.

Om, sorry bout saying id post em in a a week. Im holding off now because im going to do a writeup and want the pbefore and afters to be dramatic.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I know, I know... Jus' a little peak? Just kidding, take your time
    Last edited by ombat; 06-26-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Oh N, im 5,11".

Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast