Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 60

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh yeah, rice krispies! They are cheaper than the gluten free version but have 2 lines of ingredients, including barley. Most added stuff is vitamins... Wow, Kellogs brings back memories! I haven't touched these kind of cereals for over 5 years! I'll take a trip to the supermarket tomorrow and see what looks best.

I'm really thinking about going to town with milk, esp. if the cheaper supermarket stuff is as easy to digest as Raw goat milk. Would 1 litre of milk and the juice of 5 oranges be overkill fluids? Not that I anticipate drinking that much, however.

Zach is offline Banned
    Om, that kinda stuff seems like bird food to me, but go with the flow and gove it a try!

N, that seems fine in terms of liquids. I just had a half gallon of milk in one sitting and feel great. Really dont think milk is the same as juice/water when it comes to heat production, probably from all the protein.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Zach~ I came across this thread through one of your comments. I've been reading a few pages but I'm still not quite sure what you are up to and I'm interested to find out! So you are doing a high carb experiment? with added salt for body temperature?

What about rice krispies and milk?

what is everyone talking about????
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Lexen juicer came today.

Hmmm. It's better color and taste than the electric centrifugal one, but the volume is very low compared to manual juicing with those white cone shaped juicers.

It works good for greens so I kinda want to keep it for that, since I have a LOT of greens growing. It just seems that oranges work better when manually pressing them. I could use the lexen for greens and manual juicer for oranges, but it's a bit counter-intuitive.

(Pic shows one orange in each glass. Smaller quantity, left is with Lexen)

photo-3.jpg

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    @Nstocks

I cannot help smiling at this What about eating the entire orange instead of juicing it ?? Does it sound unappealing ?

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    @Nstocks

I cannot help smiling at this What about eating the entire orange instead of juicing it ?? Does it sound unappealing ?
    Haha, I know that would be easier. I don't want all that fibre since I'm trying to overcome digestive and thyroid problems. If I was just juicing oranges, the manual press is fine, but I have so much kale growing that I need to juice that. (I don't want to chew and digest all those greens either!)

I could just manually press the oranges and one the occasion that I eat the leaves, just blend a lot and sieve them to get rid of fibre? I have a pretty good blender/food processor. I'm not drinking huge amounts of pressed juices anyway, so it's not a huge problem. I just expect more from these mechanical things!!!
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-26-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Hey Nstocks, theres some tricks to that juicer to poduce the most juice. That thing works best when you combine a dhigh fiber food with a high juice food together. It helps slow down extraction and also helps get more from the fiber food. So try your leafy greens and oranges together. I usually use celery or cilantro to slow the orange down. Also try juicing a watermelon with it, so crazy how much juice you get! Haha. Anyway that juicer takes some practice to understand how it works the best, if you want to just manually juice oranges and use the juicer for other fruits and veg, that works too.

Ally, this thread is my experience with using i high sugar diet to regain my health. Its also about others doing the same. And just a place to talk about eating junk food and whatnot.

Thanks Zach, I've just tried it with the orange peel left on to see if it increases yield (since some orange flesh is cut off with the peel) but it taste too bitter and doesn't produce more juice. I've ran through some swiss chard and I get a lot of juice, much more than the phillips one. Not sure whether to keep it yet, I do have plenty of greens and I'm only juicing once per day so it's not a huge deal to cleanup etc.

It's funny you should mention Watermelon. A few weeks ago I was eating half a watermelon per day and my Parents bring me a few when they go out junk-shopping (like today!). I've refused it because it's way too cooling (according to Eat for Heat) and I've also found that peaches are "anti-thyroid"... Not trying to get caught up in more food phobias but I need to realise that these aren't going to warm me up.

I ate rice krispies today for breakfast instead of fruit (we had some in the cupboards at home)... I forgot how shit they taste haha. I was kinda warm for a few hours but now I'm freezing again. I'm still going to stick with less fruit and more (rice) gluten free cereal with milk and sugar. I kinda broke down today about my issues - something I'd never imagine since pre-paleo diet. Ugh, I need to be patient and realise one week of eating warming foods won't cure my conditions.

Zach is offline Banned
    Personally i love my juicer, once you get it right, you can fill up that cul it comes with with very little. The juice seems to help with digestion more then anything else i have tried.

I think you are still not hitting the right combos and not enought calories. Itll take awhile agsin to figure out the best food choices. And fuck peaches being anti thyroid, they are delicious! Been eating a ton of nectarines and plums lately as well.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, I love peaches and plums too. I could eat them all day long. If I had access to a peach tree, I could probably eat it clean in like two days. Are they really anti-thyroid.

Hey Zach, I challenge you to a peach-eating contest. How many can you eat in one sitting?