Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 6

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was a rawwie for years. And I was always hungry. That aspect sucked. I never ever stopped thinking about food. But I looked so great, and my skin was amazing. I want to sort of marry Primal and raw now. I agree that fruit is just begging to be eaten, and I want to eat it. I want to kill as much fruit as possible, it deserves to die.

What do you think of Bulletproof? It seems to be hybrid of Primal and raw, what with all of the proteins and the accent on raw vegetables. I don't think I could cope with that whole buttered coffee thing though.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I was a rawwie for years. And I was always hungry. That aspect sucked. I never ever stopped thinking about food. But I looked so great, and my skin was amazing. I want to sort of marry Primal and raw now. I agree that fruit is just begging to be eaten, and I want to eat it. I want to kill as much fruit as possible, it deserves to die.

What do you think of Bulletproof? It seems to be hybrid of Primal and raw, what with all of the proteins and the accent on raw vegetables. I don't think I could cope with that whole buttered coffee thing though.
    I think the absolute perfect diet is a mostly raw, high fruit diet with smaller amounts of raw dairy, eggs and maybe a serving of meat a day.

I have not looked too much into the bulletproof exec but i believe he is very high fat/low carb correct? I would never do that again.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I think the absolute perfect diet is a mostly raw, high fruit diet with smaller amounts of raw dairy, eggs and maybe a serving of meat a day.
    I 100% agree. That's just an optimal way to eat and live. I could really thrive on that. That's what I meant when I said I want to marry primal and raw - I think taking some aspects of each, blending them together into a primal raw smoothie, and optimizing it, is just perfection. I feel like I need eggs and meat for satiety but really, I mainly want to eat fruit. Especially in the summer. And I will! After my steak and eggs challenge ;P

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I have not looked too much into the bulletproof exec but i believe he is very high fat/low carb correct? I would never do that again.
    He gets a lot of stuff right in terms of low PUFA, grass fed / pastured meat and herb recommendations, but he is high fat, 1-2 servings of fruit, recommends against starchy veg, etc.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I'm really interested in this journal. I've looked at calisthenics and I can see most exercise don't require apparatus which makes them convenient and more likely doable for me! I'm interested to see your daily/weekly exercise routine too so that I can estimate how long I should be moving around for.

I'm wondering though, that to build mass you need protein not carbs? Where are you getting protein from, other than gelatin in your first log?

Is Badminton a worthwhile exercise? I use to play with my (twin) Brother for out county and he's keen to start playing again, having not played for over 8 years. I love badminton and could easily make this a 1-2hours weekly movement, if it's worthwhile.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Have you got a blood glucose meter, Zach? They are pretty cheap at Walmart.

Zach is offline Banned
    You need protein to actually build the muscle but muscle is only 30% protein, the rest glycogen and water. You need carbs to fuel the muscles to get bigger and for energy. You will get a feel for where i got protein and my exercise schedule in the coming days.

Oh man badminton is the shit. You wont be building any muscle playing it but who cares, its fucking fun! Bring that shit over to my house and ill show you whats up! :P

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Have you got a blood glucose meter, Zach? They are pretty cheap at Walmart.
    No maam, why?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Data.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Data.
    Meh, not a fan of poking fingers. I go by my ability to utilize big carb meals without crashs and also the amount of time fasted without low blood sugar.

Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast