Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 59

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've used it in the past but just happen to have some left. I agree that honey is the best (and tastiest) sugar, I eat a few tablespoons per day. Not raw, not organic but not the cheapest one at the supermarket either.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

Dates are very thermogenic too, can add salt if you want.
    Even if it's a first date?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Depends on how ripe the date was
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Depends on how ripe the date was
    LOL - that's definitely true. Nothing raises my body temp like a potentially juicy date...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I get salty on the first date.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hey - I came across this journal and was surprised to see you eat wheat. But pleasantly surprised - I started eating wheat again recently, and contrary to everyone else's experiences, my digestion is a whole lot better when I add a bit of bread etc into my diet. But I was beginning to feel guilty about still eating wheat and still frequenting a Primal forum!

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    But I was beginning to feel guilty about still eating wheat and still frequenting a Primal forum!
    Lucy, why on earth would you feel guilty of something like that ?? Damn, BP is not a sect or whatever closed circle with dogmatic rules, it is a set of loose principles that you choose to adopt at your own convenience and level (from 100% if that's your ticket or less). Eat wheat if you feel it is good for you, why the guilt ??? Wheat has nasty effects on me so the biggest and best change in my lifestyle has been to ditch it completely. I have no interest in bringing it back, not because I follow the BP guideline (actually I do, sort of) but because I see it as a toxin which is not worth (I mean, it has a poor nutritional content at the same time as it has a high amount of crap in it). But guilt ??? Damn, I eat xylitol, one of the most processed item, certainly not "primal" unless you eat truckloads of plums and cauliflower (which I do not ...). And I can assure you, I am not feeling guilty. It is actually an excellent prebiotic. I also enjoy the occasional sheep milk yogurt, French raw milk cheeses, etc. Nothing primal. What about dark chocolate ? Absolutely non primal. Well, I can go on ... feeling guilty eating something is not a good thing, enjoy EVERYTHING you ingest!!

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I think I will need to reduce my fruit intake. This past week I've been feeling like crap. Very tired, awful dark circles and, guess what, acne has started to creep back up

I was freezing cold today, within 30 minutes of waking I had the heater on my feet. (Sitting in the sun helps warm my toes too!)

I'm wondering, would it be better to eat cereal (gluten free only) and goat milk for breakfast instead of fruit? Milk is very warming and nutrient dense. This with cereal is much more dense than fruit and honey. I'm looking at rice cereals but if I have to, I could eat oat cereals. I'm fed up with being ill all the time and just want to recover as soon as I can. I'm almost lost for words with what I've essentially done to myself for the past several years with dieting. It's really upsetting and I feel like I wasted a lot of money and my youth with restricting my food so much all in the name of "being healthy" and trying to clear acne.

I may have sourced some goat milk ice cream too. The company are looking to send it out by mail order next week (after a lot of demand) so this will be great for me, as long as it's not a rip off.

Did you ever bother with taking your temp Zach? I remember taking mine almost a year ago and it was around 35C upon waking.

Thank you so much for helping me out. You know what it's like to be in the position and I hope that I can recover just like you did.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea i think cereal would be a better choice. Even just rice krispies.

Only times i had temp taken was at the docs. When i was at my worst it was in tge 97s. I actually bought a nice therm for my kid a month ago, recently i have been above 98.6.

You will get the combo, man. Chill on the fresh fruit and go heavy on the dairy, cheese is awesome! Also chocolate.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    What a coincidence, I have been craving rice cereal and plan to pick some up (I was mildly obsessed with cinnamon rice chex when I first stopped eating wheat) but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try milk.

Speaking of cereal, do you think there are any hot cereals worth eating? I always liked Bob's mighty cereal (the corn, sorghum, rice mix) but I remember you saying that was all just bulk. Hot rice porridge might not be bad.