Page 58 of 113 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 58

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Right on, nstocks!

Yea Matt Stone was the first person that helped me during my worst, i owe him big time.

No i never played with a refractometer or even a thermometer. I just went by coldness and urine color.
    I know my results will differ to everyone else's, but how long did it take for you to overcome the coldness and other major issues? I remember you saying a while back something about 2 years... Is that for what you consider full recovery? Bearing in mind I'm a decade younger and have been Paleo and low carb and grain free for 2 years.

It's strange, I'm kinda craving water right now. Not even thirsty, but just because I'm use to drinking so much! My damn cold feet are not going to suffer anymore, I will resist!

Zach is offline Banned
    It was an evolution, probably going on 4 years now but there was a lot of trial and error and back peddling. Your recovery if done right should take less then a year probably.

I just had a magnum (ice cream) to see how I react. My feet actually got colder and the coldness travelled up my legs! This was 30 minutes after eating and it's an hour later with the same feeling. Cow dairy is for sure an issue for me.

Is Ice cream really a good way to heat up? I may be able to get goat milk ice cream but apparently it's quite costly as the company don't normally deliver. (supermarkets don't stock ANY goat ice cream or even goat cream which would mean I could make my own).

I get the impression that ice cream and grains are VERY warming but I don't do grains and never will. This is one food group I've made my mind up.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea ice cream is warming for me but im always pretty warm now.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Salt, and protein are extremely thermogenic. If all you're after is an increase in body temperature, just eat a salty protein heavy meal.
    nihil

Do you think pasteurised goat milk is still good? I know milk is warming, but I mostly avoided all dairy because of pasteurisation and the fact that the animals aren't raised very well for supermarket milk. The farm have almost 4,000 goats whereas the Raw farm have less than 50.

I'm almost out of Raw Goat milk and can't afford it any more at almost 4 per litre. The supermarket sell a decent brand of goat milk but it's "lightly homogenised to disperse the cream throughout the milk" (WHY IT'S FROM A GOAT!) and pasteurised. It cost 1.50 a litre though which is insanely cheap (full fat of 3.6% they claim). I'm just thinking that this is going to be better than drinking water, and I only have fresh oranges for my other fluid.

It's only temporary, until September when car insurance expires and I sell my car.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-24-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Salt, and protein are extremely thermogenic. If all you're after is an increase in body temperature, just eat a salty protein heavy meal.
    I'm doing well with a few sweet potatoes, some chicken and goat cheese baked with around a teaspoon of salt, maybe more. I'm still eating fruit as a main meal though. I've been adding a tiny amount of salt to milk and OJ, but it's literally a pinch because anything more makes it taste disgusting. Adding sugar doesn't help this, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-24-2013 at 02:10 PM.

That goat milk sounds fine. Have you tried making that sugar milk yet? It cured my "lactose intolerance", and would certainly make things less complicated for you.

Dates are very thermogenic too, can add salt if you want.
    nihil

Your'e right, I should just swallow my obsession with getting the finest quality all the time and just buy the stuff! I've added raw cane sugar to raw milk and it taste quite gross. Raw cane sugar taste gross anyway. I have coconut sugar, is that any good? What's the quantity, a table spoon per glass?

Is their any sort of limit in how much milk to drink, like there is with water and juice?

I eat a lot of dates. I eat several NAKD bars which are the British equivalent to Larabars. They taste like chocolate brownies and have recently stocked up on several boxes ( about 100 bars) as they are 50% off right now!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "If it's browned from heating, it's more likely to be allergenic, and even without too much heat, some people are likely to be allergic to it. But if it doesn't cause any reactions, then it's very good, with some nutritional value.
    Honey is in some ways better than white sugar, but depending on the plants it's derived from, it can be allergenic. White sugar has the advantage of being very clean. Fruits have many valuable nutrients, so are the best way to get sugars, when good ones are available."

Honey and or maple syrup, or both is extremely good in milk, and a simple sugar too.
    nihil