Page 57 of 113 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 57

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Im doubtful the modern wheat has many health benefits. Its hard enough just to find a non gmo, non enriched wheat. If you could find that however, it might be decently healthy in terms of nutrients. To be honest, i just eat it because i love the taste and texture with foods and because it agrees with me.

How was your energy when peeing clear compared to peeing dark? Salt holds water so the more salt, the less you would pee if drinking normal fluid intake.

Not sure im a fan of high bacteria foods and it also contains yeasts. Lately i feel like feeding the gut excess bacteria, good or bad is not a good idea. Buuut it is a dairy product so it might be worth a try, i actually have never had real kefir, probably never will because i hate that tangy flavor.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I suspected you ate it for no other reason than pleasure, but I thought Id confirm In spite of all the wheat I ate, I didn't have any of the usual symptoms it gives me (acne, feeling that throat is closing up, cough...) which suggests that the chemicals they use to make the bread in my part of the world is what I react to, as opposed to gluten.

Energy-wise, I actually felt really good on this trip, and it didn't seem like I was peeing more or less than normal. Peeing clear isn't good though, right?

I actually think you're right on the bacteria thing... I've drunk kefir quite a bit and never noticed any benefits. (Just had it this morning, which is why I asked )
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Matt stone thinks color in urine is good, my experience definitely leans that way as well.

Congrates on not being a gluten intolerant fuddy duddy!

Ha, cheers Actually, I have a kiwi friend who moved to UK and immediately starting getting sick. Eventually he gave up wheat and got better. He figured that it was how the wheat is processed over here that he was reacting to, not the wheat itself.

There's so many other pieces to these puzzles...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    I think peeing clear just means that you're over-hydrating. I just had wheat for the first time in months, and it caused me to gain like a gazillion pounds. Not sure if it's water weight or what. Shouldn't be water weight since I'm not low carb, and carbs don't make me gain water weight anymore. Is there something else in wheat that causes water weight gain aside from the carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I think peeing clear just means that you're over-hydrating. I just had wheat for the first time in months, and it caused me to gain like a gazillion pounds. Not sure if it's water weight or what. Shouldn't be water weight since I'm not low carb, and carbs don't make me gain water weight anymore. Is there something else in wheat that causes water weight gain aside from the carbs?
    I just saw that - I was actually going to comment! I remember something similar happened to me when I was living in South Africa. I was wheat free, and obsessively weighing myself five times a day. One day I had a wrap for lunch, but ate pretty frugally other than that and the next day I was up a lb! I don't think it's fat gain though: it could be the inflammation factor?

Re. over hydrating: I wasn't really. And it was weird, cos even after drinking coffee or alcohol my pee was clear, which is never normally th case...

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Matt stone thinks color in urine is good, my experience definitely leans that way as well.

Congrates on not being a gluten intolerant fuddy duddy!
    He certainly does! The dilution of extracelluar fluids (water outside the cells) is what goes into urine, correct? But what is it in urine that gives it that colour? CW says coloured urine = more toxins in the body which = bad. This conventionally also suggests poor liver function, not sure why.

Also the diluted fluid has less minerals etc. (since it's diluted after-all) so are those what give it color? Ever used a refractometer Zach? They aren't cheap and perhaps not even nessesary, but I've realised I have quite large hills to climb and it's intereseting to know diluted my water is and also gain some idea of salt requirements.

For me, someone who is hypothyroid my urine is ALWAYS 100% clear. I've cut way back in the fluids and other than fruit, today I've had the juice of 3 oranges (with salt) and nothing else. Strangely, I don't feel as bloated either.

I'm also thinking that swapping my 'dry' meal (dinner) to become my lunch would be better for my cold feet since it's during the morning and daytime that they are the coldest. So sweet potato, goat cheese and meat/chicken/fish for meal 1 and 3 types of fruit for meal 2.

(Body temp peaks between 6-8pm, a time when it's not needed to eat heating foods if ones feet aren't cold)

I'm really into Matt Stone right now. Everything he writes about coincides with my problems and for the first time since trying to "get healthy", what he is saying actually makes (metabolic) sense!
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-24-2013 at 11:58 AM.

diene is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's fat gain either because you can't gain that much fat that quickly. Probably inflammation, in which case, it's definitely not a good thing.

It is weird for it to always be clear even after drinking coffee/alcohol. And it shouldn't be because food in the U.S. is less salty because it probably isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    It is weird for it to always be clear even after drinking coffee/alcohol. And it shouldn't be because food in the U.S. is less salty because it probably isn't.
    Restaurants do add a lot of salt, but it's still less than what I've been adding to my food for the last few months! Plus it's highly unlikely theyd be adding the good shit...

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Right on, nstocks!

Yea Matt Stone was the first person that helped me during my worst, i owe him big time.

No i never played with a refractometer or even a thermometer. I just went by coldness and urine color.