Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 56

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Interesting. Reminds me of my sister. She had to dissect a fetal pig in high school and hasn't been able to eat pork since... Unless it's bacon. She can do bacon juuuuuust fine.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Pork is for goyim, good goyim eat your pork!

In all seriousness though, this is worth a read for anyone interested in what pork actually does:

The Trouble with Pork, Part 2 - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I will read it, but Im sure I know most of it already. I do avoid pork. I dont buy it, I dont order it, I eat what else is around, but since I dont feel an immediate reactiom I wont refuse it if it is nicely placed directly under my nose, like it was this morning. And damn that bacon was good.

That's cool. I'm probably a special case when it comes to reactions from pork, so I definitely refuse it when it's placed under my nose. Breakfast with my mom last week consisted of a bunch of bacon, I politely declined, everyone asked why, because bacon is so good, everyone loves bacon, and I replied like an autistic person, and my mom told me to stop being such a girl.

I still didn't eat the bacon. In the end I told her I was watching my figure, and pork goes straight to my thighs, and I rather like my pronounced leg gap.

Pretty sure her husband thinks I'm gay. Doesn't help I had painted my nails last week too, and had a french mani

Maybe ill start pretending i give a shit about my culture and tell people im kosher

I didn't know you were Jewish

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I didn't know you were Jewish
    uh ohh.

I am only a Jewess by blood (though I choose to believe I was adopted) and by the fact that I can read Hebrew, but not understand a single word of it because apparently Hebrew school is meant to be a time wasting, impractical piece of crap.

I wouldnt let you eat bacon if I knew it'd go straight to your leg gap. I need my Derpy pie to stay pretty for me. And I'm sure you look lovely with your nails did.

Should see me with lipstick and long hair.

(It's ok, I can look passed your Jewry)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yoyo, hi! No i havnt had a single craving for meat. Its just so unappealing to me. I do get mad cravings for bread, so i indulge maybe 3-4 times a week. Maybe women crave meat because of the iron content?
    That's interesting that you're craving wheat: I often crave it at my TOM; I posted about it and J3nn suggested that I was craving it cos' it has iron in it! I know men don't need as much as women, but maybe that's why you crave bread?

Speaking of wheat, I've been eating loads of it over the last three weeks... Just too difficult to be on the road and not eat sandwiches! Do you think wheat has any health benefits?

Edit: have two more questions for you. First one's about pee (sorry to be gross, but I figured if anyone would know it's you ): most of the time while I was on hold, my pee was really clear. I was drinking the same amount of fluids but my diet was quite different: I was eating more meat, fat, wheat and salad than I usually do, definitely consuming hidden veg oils, and I was using no sea salt. I'm thinking the sea salt was the reason (My pee was often clear til I started using sea salt). My question: Pee is supposed to be dark right? Why would salt intake affect that?

Final question - do you have any views on Kefir?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat