Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 55

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Om, i dont know what Jamba is.

Yoyo, hi! No i havnt had a single craving for meat. Its just so unappealing to me. I do get mad cravings for bread, so i indulge maybe 3-4 times a week. Maybe women crave meat because of the iron content?

N, probably just a lot of liquids. Give a low liquid/high mineral day a go and see if you warm up.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Om, i dont know what Jamba is.
    You poor bastard. It would be right up your alley.. http://www.jambajuice.com/
    I'm sure you have something just like it in MN, though
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You poor bastard. It would be right up your alley.. Jamba Juice
    I'm sure you have something just like it in MN, though
    In MN, maybe. in my town, no.

Oh I know they have it in MN, actually. A friend of mine grew up in St. Paul and frequented it often. You'll have to look it up if you ever venture into the city.

Zach is offline Banned
    Into the big city(s)?! Im scurred!

Actually im headed there next weekend for my kids bday. Will be sure to give it a try and also eat at least 3 Chipotle burritos (non vegetarian!).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Chipotle is good, too bad they use soybean oil, which makes me violently ill ;_; My kryptonite.

Chipotle: Special Diet Information

But apparently the pork carnitas does not have soybean oil[citation needed], though I fuckin' hate pork and it makes me sick too, so either way Chipotle is a wash for me. Too bad.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-22-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Chipotle is all the rage.

How does pork make you feel? I've been able to avoid it for some time now but the fam is making bacon for breakfast. I'll try to get out of eating it but if pressured I might just give in. I haven't been eating pork because I know too much about it, but I don't think it actually makes me feel bad..?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I had Chipotle twice on my trip and it's damn good.

Happy birthday, Zachs son!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Damn good indeed. I had some carnitas enchiladas last week and had no problem with the pork.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Chipotle is all the rage.

How does pork make you feel? I've been able to avoid it for some time now but the fam is making bacon for breakfast. I'll try to get out of eating it but if pressured I might just give in. I haven't been eating pork because I know too much about it, but I don't think it actually makes me feel bad..?
    I think, for me, the effects are mostly nocebo, I saw a video of a pig getting its head severed, and haven't been able to eat pork since. Pigs are actually close to humans, though, so I don't think uncured pork is the best thing to eat. The effects are it's the only thing that makes my skin feel remotely greasy, and it gives me the worst stomach ache in the world and can induce instant vomiting, if I know I've eaten pork. Though, despite that, I can eat porcine gelatin with no problems. Weird.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.