Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 54

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Fruit can definitaly be cooling if its all your eating and its high water content fruit like watermelon, grapes, oranges. I would say to either just toss some salt in your mouth and swallow or eat something salty with the fruit bowl. Also try adding salt and sugar to a glass of milk, its delicious. Salty sweet potatoes work too.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    If you eat room temperature fruit, even excessive liquid consumption shouldn't make you feel cold if you have proper mineral balance(potassium, calcium, magnesium). Do you? If so, you might try adding a bit more salt. I find that my salt intake is drastically lower than he recommends, because my metabolism is high, and heavy salt just makes me feel like shit, whereas a high liquid diet makes me feel good.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Wowww you have no idea how impressive this seems, even though I don't know the technical names of most of the stuff you listed. Hah. It would be amazing to have an exercise session with you, I feel like you'd teach me so much!

Strongman stuff is so amazing, have you made any physical body recomposition gains since you started?

Great job buddyyy
    Just youtube anything you havnt heard of. Thanks though, yea i have already gained a decent amount of size, muscle memory is awesome. Anytime you happen to stop by MN, come to the gym!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    What do you think of Jamba? If you get mango, banana, etc.?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    What do you think of Jamba? If you get mango, banana, etc.?
    I'm just going to answer all questions in every journal to procrastinate working on this paper.

Jamba is great, the mango smoothie with orange juice(I tell them to hold the strawberries, no oxalates for me and the pineapple juice 'cause estrogen) no kidding I literally say this

...nah jk

But I do ask them to replace it with bananas and more mangos :3
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I think I got one with just carrot juice and bananas once. It was pretty awesome.

Just making sure there was no conspiracy theory against Jamba and poisoned fruit or something. Haven't been there in ages but it is so appealing to me now.

one time I saw them shipping in boxes of fruit from dole. that's about all the dirt I have on them.

Someone should write a scathing exposť.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Zach, read your update a few weeks ago and been meaning to comment - brilliant N=1s! How are you finding vegetarianism - any meat cravings? Mine were insane when I first went veggie - as bad as carb cravings when i was VLC. Actually, going veggie was part of what fucked me in the beginning (cutting out an entire macronutrient) but if you're eating gelatine you should be fine.

After my two weeks in the US (eating in restaurants twice a day): I'm actually coming to a smilier conclusion about meat consumption, and think I would definitely benefit from one or two meat/fish-free days a week.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    If you eat room temperature fruit, even excessive liquid consumption shouldn't make you feel cold if you have proper mineral balance(potassium, calcium, magnesium). Do you? If so, you might try adding a bit more salt. I find that my salt intake is drastically lower than he recommends, because my metabolism is high, and heavy salt just makes me feel like shit, whereas a high liquid diet makes me feel good.
    The majority of the fruit I eat is at room temperature and there's very little cold food I eat. Cold as in refrigerator cold, other than raw goat milk. Not sure about my mineral levels but I'm getting a lot of calcium, potassium from coconut water and I sometimes supplement with magnesium. Sodium levels could be low because I never really use to use salt on anything I cooked and these days I still consume around 2 litres of fluids a day. (plus water from fruit)