Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 52

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Milk, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, fruit, eggs, gelatin, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup. Pretty much it.
    Minus the milk (and plus salmon) that is my preferred diet (I put cinnamon on everything). It just isn't happening consistently this summer between living away from home most days and traveling. I might try real ice cream again.

These next four days are going to be a PUFA and meat bonanza. They're asian and eat a ton of pork and chicken, we're going for shabu, and we're having hash browns and bacon for breakfast. Ohhh thats ok, I don't need to heal. Sorry, /rant. Unless you have advice

I use medical grade cannabis oil. But its made with canola oil. Meh.

Also, where are topless Zach pictures? *impatient*
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Shieldmaid is offline Junior Member
    Zach! I hope you're still welcoming newcomers to this thread. And thank you, and a few others on here, for providing a dissident voice here at MDA. After taking a 6ish month hiatus for the board, it was you & co. (did you know you have a company?) and your anti-orthorexic drum pounding that brought me back. Thanks.

Reading through your journal has sparked some questions about your dairy recommendations/opinions - mostly, why are you such an advocate? Why is it so beneficial, and why do you prefer milk fat to ruminant? At least, that's what I think you mentioned earlier in this thread. What sources formed the basis of your opinion on dairy?

I ask because after removing almost all dairy and living in fear of the insulinogenic properties! the lactose! casein! inflammation! OMG! I finally reintroduced raw milk, raw/pasteurized grass fed cheese, and other quality full-fat dairy and I feel great. The more I eat, the better I feel. I was considering playing with upping my milk intake to a gallon a week and reducing meat consumption because I've been craving milk like crazy lately.

Any thoughts you'd (or your cohorts) be willing to give on this subject would be very much appreciated.
    Living ancestrally with physical disabilities - Shieldmaid.com

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Calcium to phosphorus ratio, which contributes to whether or not tryptophan is converted into excess serotonin or into niacin. Low iron too, this is why I prefer dairy to meat, anyway. Plus, low PUFA, and a more complete nutrient profile in general with the ability to entirely cut the fat. Oh, and cost and ease of preparation/consumption.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

max219 is offline Senior Member
    What is the deal with standard super marker milk? I've been wanting to add milk back into my diet, but have not come across grass fed or raw milk yet. How about low fat milk? Even worse?

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    We got a juicer! My Dad bought it because he wants OJ too and despite my efforts of telling him not to buy it (I don't like things bought for me), he went out and got this which is what I had my eye on anyway:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR18...eywords=juicer

How is it? Terrible. Shockingly awful. I've attached some picture showing the manual orange juicer + strainer VS the electric juicer. I used 4 equal sized oranges and removed the skin before placing them in the electric juicer.

The color is far less vibrant from the electric juicer - the same color you see in commercial packed fresh OJ. Notice the yield too; the manual method equates to about 1 orange juice worth extra which is very surprising.

The biggest difference is the taste. The electric juicer taste old, stale and has a weirdly thick texture, despite the fine mesh strainer. I use the "foam separator" to make sure that wasn't changing the taste/texture but it makes no difference.

I'm going to try some more since the case of orange I paid 11 for has 100 oranges!!! If it doesn't prove useful, then I'm not really where to go next. I don't mind manually juicing oranges, but kale, lettuce, celery and other items can't be manually juiced. I think that adding the juice + leaves to a blender will impair the taste like the electric juicer did.

Anyone else had this experience with electric juicers? photo-1.jpgphoto-2.jpg
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-21-2013 at 04:58 AM.

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    ...hey Zach, do you remember this video??? --> I think Josh introduced us to it.

Every time I read your damn thread title I'm constantly reminded of it!!!!

For those that haven't seen it (is that even possible? ), you really must watch it in it's entirety...hebs

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Minus the milk (and plus salmon) that is my preferred diet (I put cinnamon on everything). It just isn't happening consistently this summer between living away from home most days and traveling. I might try real ice cream again.

These next four days are going to be a PUFA and meat bonanza. They're asian and eat a ton of pork and chicken, we're going for shabu, and we're having hash browns and bacon for breakfast. Ohhh thats ok, I don't need to heal. Sorry, /rant. Unless you have advice

I use medical grade cannabis oil. But its made with canola oil. Meh.

Also, where are topless Zach pictures? *impatient*
    Dang you and your canni oil! You should really try daily low doses and build up to a good bit a day. I hear cannabinoids cure everything.

And soon! Not today though, my muskles are smashed to pieces from three days of heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldmaid View Post
    Zach! I hope you're still welcoming newcomers to this thread. And thank you, and a few others on here, for providing a dissident voice here at MDA. After taking a 6ish month hiatus for the board, it was you & co. (did you know you have a company?) and your anti-orthorexic drum pounding that brought me back. Thanks.

Reading through your journal has sparked some questions about your dairy recommendations/opinions - mostly, why are you such an advocate? Why is it so beneficial, and why do you prefer milk fat to ruminant? At least, that's what I think you mentioned earlier in this thread. What sources formed the basis of your opinion on dairy?

I ask because after removing almost all dairy and living in fear of the insulinogenic properties! the lactose! casein! inflammation! OMG! I finally reintroduced raw milk, raw/pasteurized grass fed cheese, and other quality full-fat dairy and I feel great. The more I eat, the better I feel. I was considering playing with upping my milk intake to a gallon a week and reducing meat consumption because I've been craving milk like crazy lately.

Any thoughts you'd (or your cohorts) be willing to give on this subject would be very much appreciated.
    Hi Shieldmaid! (mucho awesome name!)

Thats awesome that even though derp and I dont post much any more, people still find us. I to was living in fear of the dairy for some time. Even trying to convince people that it was not fit for human consumption (doh! Hebsie might remember that!).

Dairy is now my main source of calories because of all the things Derp mentioned but even more so because for me, digestion is king. Dairy digests fast, gives me great energy, has a great ratio of protein/sugar and its fat is almost all saturated/mono. Also there is the vegetarian aspect, its really the only animal food that doesnt hurt the animal (in theory). Which although im no vegan bible thumper, i like to avoid meat if i dont have to eat it. Luckily for me, meat makes me feel like shit and dairy and eggs make me feel great!

So i guess its all personal preference. And the things Derp said are icing on the cheese cake!

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    What is the deal with standard super marker milk? I've been wanting to add milk back into my diet, but have not come across grass fed or raw milk yet. How about low fat milk? Even worse?
    Dude, i used to be afraid of regular milk but now, meh. I drink a organic 1%, i have no illusions that it is grass fed, although it claims its pastured. It has had no negative effect on me vs pastured or raw. If i could get raw or even pastured 1%, i would, but i cant. If i had to choose a complete bottom of the barrel brand, i probably wouldnt drink milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    We got a juicer! My Dad bought it because he wants OJ too and despite my efforts of telling him not to buy it (I don't like things bought for me), he went out and got this which is what I had my eye on anyway:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR18...eywords=juicer

How is it? Terrible. Shockingly awful. I've attached some picture showing the manual orange juicer + strainer VS the electric juicer. I used 4 equal sized oranges and removed the skin before placing them in the electric juicer.

The color is far less vibrant from the electric juicer - the same color you see in commercial packed fresh OJ. Notice the yield too; the manual method equates to about 1 orange juice worth extra which is very surprising.

The biggest difference is the taste. The electric juicer taste old, stale and has a weirdly thick texture, despite the fine mesh strainer. I use the "foam separator" to make sure that wasn't changing the taste/texture but it makes no difference.

I'm going to try some more since the case of orange I paid 11 for has 100 oranges!!! If it doesn't prove useful, then I'm not really where to go next. I don't mind manually juicing oranges, but kale, lettuce, celery and other items can't be manually juiced. I think that adding the juice + leaves to a blender will impair the taste like the electric juicer did.

Anyone else had this experience with electric juicers? photo-1.jpgphoto-2.jpg
    Haha, that sucks dude. I keep telling people to buy a masticating juicer, they are only $50 on amazon, no one has listened to me yet! Those electric ones completely destroy the juice.

Amazon.com: Lexen Products Healthy Juicer GP27 - Manual Wheatgrass Juicer: Kitchen & Dining

I got that one, best $50 investment, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...hey Zach, do you remember this video??? --> I think Josh introduced us to it.

Every time I read your damn thread title I'm constantly reminded of it!!!!

For those that haven't seen it (is that even possible? ), you really must watch it in it's entirety...hebs
    Hahaha! Thanks for that, i havnt seen that in years. Chaaaaaaaaaaarrrr la.

Zach is offline Banned
    Update for Ci

The last few days of lifting (off the top of my head so might miss something).

If the exercise is a one handed one, like kb snatch and TGU, reps will always be each hand, so i will have done double the reps posted.

Tuesday
    Klokov Press - 65x5, 85x5, 95x3, 105x1
    Strict Press - 105x5, 125x5, 135x3, 145x1, 105x10

Kettlebell Snatch - 53x5,5,5,5,5, 70x3,3,3,3,3

Deadlift - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 245x3, 265x3, 285x3, 305x1

One arm Barbell Snatch - 65x1,75x1,1,1
    One arm Barbell Reverse Clean and Press - 75x1,1,1

Various grip work

Wednesday
    Jump Squat - 45x5, 65x5, 85x5, 105x5, 125x5, 145x5
    Low Bar Back Squat - 145x5, 185x5, 205x5,5,5,5,5
    Front Squat - 185x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Strict Pullups and Chinups in between Sets of Squats so 25 sets of 3 or something.

Monkey bar jumps (swing from a bar and jump onto another one around 5' away.

Sled Row - 120x80',80'

Various weighted hangs, ring work and grip work

Thursday
    Jump rope - 500+ skips, random double under practice

Turkish Get up, 35x3,3,3, 53x2,2,2
    Barbell Turkish Get up, 45x1, 65x1, 70x1, 75x1, 80x1

Knees to Elbows, 6,6,6,5,5

Power Snatch + overhead walk, 95x160'x3

Various Planche work ring play

Thoughts
    These are my first real lifting days at the gym. I had maybe 4-5 days before this just getting conditioned a bit. My chest was still hurting before from either a tear or dislocation but that is 100% and im ready to start lifting heavy again.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Haha, that sucks dude. I keep telling people to buy a masticating juicer, they are only $50 on amazon, no one has listened to me yet! Those electric ones completely destroy the juice.

Amazon.com: Lexen Products Healthy Juicer GP27 - Manual Wheatgrass Juicer: Kitchen & Dining

I got that one, best $50 investment, ever.

Ha, yep it really does destroy the juice! I guess I was looking so much on youtube what most people use to juice (or raw fruit diets) and they use Omega or something like that which is I believe, centrifugal.

I see the same one as you in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexen-GP27-H...keywords=lexen

Ordered!

Oh I tried cane sugar on it's own today and it's pretty gross. I'm thinking marshmallows made with GL Gelatin will be better to get a bunch of sugar with easy to digest ingredients.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Dude, i used to be afraid of regular milk but now, meh. I drink a organic 1%, i have no illusions that it is grass fed, although it claims its pastured. It has had no negative effect on me vs pastured or raw. If i could get raw or even pastured 1%, i would, but i cant. If i had to choose a complete bottom of the barrel brand, i probably wouldnt drink milk.
    Thanks! I found this Organic Valley - Certified Organic Whole Milk from Local Organic Family Farms in a health food store near where I live. I'll probably pick it up. Finally, chex in milk and not half and half or...almond milk (PUFA!).