Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 49

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's another update:

Skin: Most acne has gone away and I haven't had any recent breakouts. My skin seems to be healing and is quite soft and no longer dry or flaky. I've also been telling myself that I will get over acne and it's going to clear itself with eating better. Believe what you want but I think this really helps! Also just smiling at oneself every morning makes a huge difference to confidence and inner voices about acne.

I shave 3 times a week and apply aloe vera gel 3-5 times a week after washing face with water. I exfoliate with either a muslin cloth or baking soda twice a week. I've just received some raw goat milk soap and might use that on my face since it is "made for blemished or acne-prone skin". I'm a little anxious about using anything on my skin, since it's quite clear now. It's pretty good though, the ingredients are: water, raw, olive oil, palm oil,coconut oil, thyme essential oil, tea tree and french clay. A lot off "good" oils but I've heard many bad things with coconut oil and acne. I also have another contains grapefruit seed extract, calendula and lemongrass.

Body: My bloating hasn't really gone away and I'm choosing to ignore it because if I pay too much attention to it, I'd never eat! My stomach is generally flat when waking, but after my first meal I get bloated and that just continues as I eat more. I have a BM within 2 hours of my first meal but it's nothing compared to how much I'm eating. I've been eating 2-3 NAKD bars a day and they really help me go at least once a day whereas as a few months ago I was very constipated. The form of the waste isn't anything I'd consider "healthy". (mostly pellets like and hardly and logs) Gross I know.

Eyes: My dark circles are the same and I'm not letting them bother me anymore. I still think it has something to do with digestion and excretion. (or lack of)

Food: Mostly raw fruit, raw milk, some dried fruit, sweet potatoes, lamb 1-2 times a week, same with chicken and salmon. Sometimes the milk bloats me if it is the first fluid I have in the morning and it even makes me tired which is strange, but not always. I had some pineapple coconut water which hydrates and energises me way more than milk so I've bought a load whilst it's cheap (but currently out of stock on Amazon). I'm not sure if I'm going to buy more goat milk but I like to have a variety of beverages and appreciate the taste and benifits of raw milk. I might give goat yogurt another try but not sure yet. Still eating goat cheese daily and plan to continue with at least the cheese. (which isn't raw or grass fed, unfortunately)

I plan on buying a juicer within the next month as my garden is now in full bloom! Lots of parsley, mint, rainbow chard, romaine, little gem and mizuma lettuce. Kale is getting there slowly and I will have around 15 plants that I can pick continuously.

Feet: My feet (toes) are constantly like blocks of ice. They have been like this for years (18 months before Paleo I'd guess) and they really bother me. It's around 18C here in England and I have a fan heater on my feet! Socks don't do anything so I don't bother wearing them most of the time. (or even underwear since I'm at home most of the time too - Guys, you have to go commando, it's so freeing and 'adjustments' throughout the day are no longer required!)

Exercise: I'd estimate 1 hour max per week. I've never been into exercise but I do intense movements to music for 5 minutes a day if the mood gets me. No weight lifting but I'm moving around a bit. I sweat a little as well which hasn't happened for years!

Supplements: Sublingual VitD 3000IU per day.

Sunlight: anything between 20 minutes to an hour per day, depending on the wether and if I'm gardening.

Libidio: Not as high when I made the change from VLC to 300g carbs but mastrubating a few times a week.

So there's the update. I'm sticking with the changes and never see myself going VLC ever again. I also doubt I'd eat meat more than once a day. Oh, I also had sweet potatoes, goat cheese and scrambled eggs yesterday. Very yummy but I was bloated from 2 eggs

Look forward to everyones thoughts

Zach is offline Banned
    My thoughts are nothing new. Just sounds like you are still a bit hypo judging from the bloat, dark circles and cold feet. My recommendations would still be more calories and salt. Something i wouldnt normally recommend but would you be willing to buy a cheap source of sugar and eat 500-1000 extra calories in sugar a day? I think this might really help get you running at a higher temp without added bloat. Just cane sugar would be fine. Also maybe try the Eat for Heat protocol if you havnt already.

Also i have been commando for like 5 years now, ever since i moved to Florida for awhile. Id never go back to boxers.

Hey Zach,

Where would you recommend I get more salt from? I already put quite a bit on my cooked foods but that's only at one meal so I'm still under the required amount. Cheese has a small amount but nothing to count really.

I have a huge jar (probably 2Kilo) of organic raw cane sugar that I bought to make Kombucha last year but I can't bring myself to just pour it over foods/drinks. I could do honey but that's kinda expensive. I don't know, something about sugar granules makes it seem odd because it's a single processed ingredient.

I have the "Eat for Heat" eBook and I can remember part of it about the 4S: Salt, Sugar, Starch and Sat fat. I don't remember the whole protocol so I'll re-read it. This is partly why I bought coconut water but I won't get that for about 1 month from now and I could maybe add some sugar to that.

What about Chocolate? I like standard carbudy milk chocolate but it has a few crap ingredients. I can find better quality milk or 70% on offer all the time if that's any good. Ice cream would be good too but I can't find any made from goat milk.

Those NAKD bars pack 14g carbs and 150 calories each and I easily eat 3 a day which helps.

Just so I know exactly why I'm doing this: Do I need to eat more (sugar) to raise my metabolism which in turn will raise my thyroid levels? I'm fairly certain that's the intentions here, but just to check... Sugar raises metabolism like nothing else which is why I need to emphasise on that Vs protein or fat. I'm not sure how raise metabolism makes for less bloat... Bloat is gas and metabolising food uses glucose and not gas from my stomach? Also, when one searches on Google, most articles say to avoid sugars. They don't really give much of a reason either.

EDIT: I also remembered that when I wrote "Dear Mark", he said the cold feet could be hypothyroid and the mention of iodine and seafood. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cold-...#axzz2WbkeJOZi
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-20-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: LINK

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Z - interesting you mention salt, because I was going heavy on it and thought I might want to cut back on it for fear that it causes water retention, but I think my digestion is already starting to suffer without it - I mean excess amounts
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Hey Zach,

Where would you recommend I get more salt from? I already put quite a bit on my cooked foods but that's only at one meal so I'm still under the required amount. Cheese has a small amount but nothing to count really.

I have a huge jar (probably 2Kilo) of organic raw cane sugar that I bought to make Kombucha last year but I can't bring myself to just pour it over foods/drinks. I could do honey but that's kinda expensive. I don't know, something about sugar granules makes it seem odd because it's a single processed ingredient.

I have the "Eat for Heat" eBook and I can remember part of it about the 4S: Salt, Sugar, Starch and Sat fat. I don't remember the whole protocol so I'll re-read it. This is partly why I bought coconut water but I won't get that for about 1 month from now and I could maybe add some sugar to that.

What about Chocolate? I like standard carbudy milk chocolate but it has a few crap ingredients. I can find better quality milk or 70% on offer all the time if that's any good. Ice cream would be good too but I can't find any made from goat milk.

Those NAKD bars pack 14g carbs and 150 calories each and I easily eat 3 a day which helps.

Just so I know exactly why I'm doing this: Do I need to eat more (sugar) to raise my metabolism which in turn will raise my thyroid levels? I'm fairly certain that's the intentions here, but just to check... Sugar raises metabolism like nothing else which is why I need to emphasise on that Vs protein or fat. I'm not sure how raise metabolism makes for less bloat... Bloat is gas and metabolising food uses glucose and not gas from my stomach? Also, when one searches on Google, most articles say to avoid sugars. They don't really give much of a reason either.

EDIT: I also remembered that when I wrote "Dear Mark", he said the cold feet could be hypothyroid and the mention of iodine and seafood. How to Warm Up Cold Hands and Feet | Mark's Daily Apple
    Heres the deal, broham. You need calories from somewhere, yes you could eat shitty chocolate or candy but the questionable ingredients might have some negative effects. Organic cane sugar is completely benign by itself, it just serves as a cheap and easy source of fuel. Yes sugar is the absolute best way to crank up your metabolism and heat production. Just try it for a week or so, it will not kill you! You can add it to your milk or just eat it with a spoon or whatever. Better yet, make a mixture of like 10/1 sugar/salt and every few hours just take a big tablespoon. Let me know how much better you feel.

As for your question on bloat. Bloating is caused by weak and sluggish digestion. You should not have bloating no matter what combinations or foods you eat. When you are making optimal thyroid hormones and your body temp is at or above normal, you will have an incinerator for a digestive system. Food will go to the stomach and get properly broken down and absorbed along the way and waste will be pushed out in 6-12 hours. Salt also helps with digestion so again, get more. Just toss a pinch in your mouth every so often.

Om. Salt when properly utilized, wont cause bloating or retention. I agree, salt for me is like life blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Heres the deal, broham. You need calories from somewhere, yes you could eat shitty chocolate or candy but the questionable ingredients might have some negative effects. Organic cane sugar is completely benign by itself, it just serves as a cheap and easy source of fuel. Yes sugar is the absolute best way to crank up your metabolism and heat production. Just try it for a week or so, it will not kill you! You can add it to your milk or just eat it with a spoon or whatever. Better yet, make a mixture of like 10/1 sugar/salt and every few hours just take a big tablespoon. Let me know how much better you feel.

As for your question on bloat. Bloating is caused by weak and sluggish digestion. You should not have bloating no matter what combinations or foods you eat. When you are making optimal thyroid hormones and your body temp is at or above normal, you will have an incinerator for a digestive system. Food will go to the stomach and get properly broken down and absorbed along the way and waste will be pushed out in 6-12 hours. Salt also helps with digestion so again, get more. Just toss a pinch in your mouth every so often.

Om. Salt when properly utilized, wont cause bloating or retention. I agree, salt for me is like life blood.
    The mention of candy is because it's in "something" that I can just eat... I can't just eat table spoons of sugar! I'll look at adding it to my drinks. I could make worm candy (or whatever it's called) using sugar, GL Gelatin and a flavour IF I can't drink the sugar but I'll try it first.

I appreciate your input, even if I question it - That's the whole point of understanding afterall!

Zach is offline Banned
    Hey question all you want. And yes you can eat sugar with a spoon! Think of it as a supplement.

What is "improper" utilization?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    What is "improper" utilization?
    Water retention. :P

Is there a specific way to avoid that, smiley?

Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast