Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 48

cheffy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilc11 View Post
    without making me reread this whole thread,,,
    what's the deal with aspirin now ?
    what did I miss where ?
    Pretty sure this is similar info as what Derp and Zach would have to say

Troubleshooting Peat-a-tarianism Part I: Aspirin & Niacinamide — The Danny Roddy Weblog

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    Thanks for all the info derp! Might just have to start my own journal and chronicle any changes..
    Np man. Hope all goes well for you.

I might as well. It's water soluble so I shouldn't have to worry about toxicity, right? Any forms in particular you would recommend?
    Yeah. Just niacinamide(non-flush niacin) is fine. It's really cheap too.

without making me reread this whole thread,,,
    what's the deal with aspirin now ?
    what did I miss where ?
    What cheffy said.
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Great update! I have a few questions...

Do you keep your macros in check according to your weight lifting schedule? Like, plenty of carbs before and plenty of protein after? Also, how long do you work out & how often?
    Do you only use cow dairy, or do you mix it up with different kinds?

Great to hear how well you're doing! Keep it up ^___^
    No, i lift whenever i can get a session in so i dont bother with pre/post workout nutrition. My training is completely random. Some nights i will sit in the gym for a few hours throwing weight around or practicing something. Other days it will be 20 minutes or less of bodyweight.

Just cows, dont really have an option for that. Once in a great while i will buy goats cheese at the farmers market. I have never had a problem with pasteurized milk.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I must just be bad at listening to my body. I never notice any ill effects from food. I noticed that excess fruit makes me hot, but that isn't a major drawback. Am I feeling shitty after certain food and just not noticing it? Weird.
    The better your metabolism is and leaner you are, the better and quicker your digestion is. Everything has to do with digestion, transit time and assimilation. If those are messed up, you will experience, bloating, inflammation, constipation, fatigue, etc. I can eat just about anything and a lot, but after a few weeks, it catches up. Right now im focusing on perfecting the function of my body, physically and aesthetically. Hard to do that with any old food unless you started from childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I don't notice either. Any physical discomfort I experience after eating is usually caused by overeating (i.e., eating so much that my stomach hurts from being stretched to its limits). I try to avoid that. When I used to eat oatmeal and oat bran, I noticed that they sometimes gave me heartburn. Too much sticky rice will give me heartburn too, but regular rice doesn't seem to have that effect. If I eat too much ice cream, I sometimes feel sick (slightly nauseated). But that's the extent of my knowledge.

Hey Zach, how do you measure inflammation?
    After like 8+ years of nutritional obsession, im pretty aware of how certain foods effect me.

My main marker for inflammation is how i feel when i sleep. At my worst, sleep can be painful, the spine feels on fire, no position is comfortable, intestines feel cramped. At the best, deep, relaxing sleep, jump out of bed pain free. Also like Derp said, skin inflammation is a biggy as well as joints. Most of the time its very subtle but i know when my body is functioning optimally. Another thing is flexibility, highly inflammed, you will be very inflexible. Reduce inflammation and you will instantly gain flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    So this is in no way meant to be sarcastic, but, how do you intend to lose body fat? Just curious. I've also wondered about this with peat/roddy/stone. I know their main deal is to increase metabolism, but how far can a metabolism increase? Is the metabolic increase how you intend to lose body fat? Derp, feel free to jump in on this one

Just curious because I'm pretty sure I have a slightly lowered metabolism, and I'd like to fix it and get to a point to where I could lose a little more body fat. I'm probably around 20%ish.

Btw, I'm just barely recovering from a serious bout of orthorexia and binging, and reading your journal, derps, and especially yoga bares' has really helped me find a few tips, so thanks!
    Its a perfect storm of metabolism, no inflammation, digestion and exercise. The diet is the key component in all this, eating a very pro metabolism, anti inflammatory and highly digestible diet. Food becomes more of a optimal fuel instead of a chore for your body. I really believe obesity is an inflammatory disease. I also exercise quite a bit which helps immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Zach and Derp- When you guys recommend aspirin, what dose? I was taking 1-2 baby aspirin but now I'm taking 1 325mg uncoated a day. Thanksssssss!!!!!
    Never tried aspirin, to much hassle for me.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    GREAT NEWS!!! I've contacted a local wholesaler of fresh fruit and veg and I can get 15KG (around 56 Oranges) for 11. That's approx. 80% cheaper than the supermarket. These are their cheapest oranges so when I take a look I will know if they are juicy or not but still, very cheap!

I've also been simplifying my meals, so instead of having 4-6 types of fruit I'm having 2-3 and I feel less bloated, even with Bananas which is huge for me. Peaches are incredible so I'll look at bulk buying those too since they are expensive at the supermarket.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Just a quick thanks to Zach and Derp for saving us all the trouble of doing any actual research on our own.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Haha, I guess I forgot to take into account active people. Red scalp, itchy, tingling, burning, etc;

I had this on VLC, before lots of hair shedding, so I'm all too familiar with it. I had system wide inflammation from a backlash of years of shitty food though, being liberated all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

My main marker for inflammation is how i feel when i sleep. At my worst, sleep can be painful, the spine feels on fire, no position is comfortable, intestines feel cramped. At the best, deep, relaxing sleep, jump out of bed pain free. Also like Derp said, skin inflammation is a biggy as well as joints. Most of the time its very subtle but i know when my body is functioning optimally. Another thing is flexibility, highly inflammed, you will be very inflexible. Reduce inflammation and you will instantly gain flexibility.
    Okay, so I've never noticed itchiness on my scalp, but the skin on my arms, legs, and feet sometimes itch, especially at night when I'm in bed. It hasn't happened for a while but started again recently (just within the last couple days, actually). Sometimes I'd scratch in my sleep and wake up with all kinds of unsightly scratches on my arms and legs. Do you think that's a sign of inflammation? Could it be caused by consuming inflammatory foods?

Do you have a good source of info for what foods are inflammatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Good thing to practice is just eating whenever you feel your body cooling down, that's sign of a need for more glycogen.
    Interesting. No wonder I always feel cold on down days. (I'm doing JUDDD.)

Yeah, and thanks for being a well spring of knowledge. So much easier to just ask you guys than it is to do research on my own!!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Ah, it'd be sweet if you actually enjoyed writing out your daily exercise stuff online, I'd love to read what you do on a daily basis, but I totally understand that it's a pain in the butt..

We could squeeze in another person to our fitness journal: COYZ ... COZY? lol.
    LOL at COZY! I will try to update more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!! I've contacted a local wholesaler of fresh fruit and veg and I can get 15KG (around 56 Oranges) for 11. That's approx. 80% cheaper than the supermarket. These are their cheapest oranges so when I take a look I will know if they are juicy or not but still, very cheap!

I've also been simplifying my meals, so instead of having 4-6 types of fruit I'm having 2-3 and I feel less bloated, even with Bananas which is huge for me. Peaches are incredible so I'll look at bulk buying those too since they are expensive at the supermarket.
    Thats awesome about the oranges! Fresh orange juice is the best. I hope you are growing mint and cilantro in the garden, my favorite juicing herbs. Dandelion greens are good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Just a quick thanks to Zach and Derp for saving us all the trouble of doing any actual research on our own.
    Bo prob, man. Gotta do something with all my wasted years. For some reason my friends family are sick of hearing about it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Okay, so I've never noticed itchiness on my scalp, but the skin on my arms, legs, and feet sometimes itch, especially at night when I'm in bed. It hasn't happened for a while but started again recently (just within the last couple days, actually). Sometimes I'd scratch in my sleep and wake up with all kinds of unsightly scratches on my arms and legs. Do you think that's a sign of inflammation? Could it be caused by consuming inflammatory foods?

Do you have a good source of info for what foods are inflammatory?

Interesting. No wonder I always feel cold on down days. (I'm doing JUDDD.)

Yeah, and thanks for being a well spring of knowledge. So much easier to just ask you guys than it is to do research on my own!!
    Does your skin get red or dry? Those are definate signs of inflammation and a less then optimal thyroid.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Thats awesome about the oranges! Fresh orange juice is the best. I hope you are growing mint and cilantro in the garden, my favorite juicing herbs. Dandelion greens are good as well.
    I have Parsley and mint growing plus a LOT of kale and lettuce ready to juice.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Does your skin get red or dry? Those are definate signs of inflammation and a less then optimal thyroid.
    No, it doesn't really get red or dry. It's definitely not red. Sometimes my skin will be a bit dry, especially if I take a hot shower, but it's not super dry. My skin used to be more dry when I used body lotion all the time. I think it got used to the lotion and lost the ability to moisturize itself. I've cut back on the lotion (still use it sometimes), and it's a lot less dry now.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I realized something.

I had been off my vitamin B complex for some time. My digestion suffered, gastritis was back, although not terrible.

I finally got more of my b complex and have been taking it again this week, and I feel MUCH, MUCH better.

I say goddamn! Vitamin B, don't ever leave me again!

*hugs her bottle*
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast