Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 46

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I don't believe you. Isn't it all that gelatin?
    It's definitely a variety of things. Since changing my diet, I noticed that my hair and skin reflected the condition of my health.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    So this is in no way meant to be sarcastic, but, how do you intend to lose body fat? Just curious. I've also wondered about this with peat/roddy/stone. I know their main deal is to increase metabolism, but how far can a metabolism increase? Is the metabolic increase how you intend to lose body fat? Derp, feel free to jump in on this one

Just curious because I'm pretty sure I have a slightly lowered metabolism, and I'd like to fix it and get to a point to where I could lose a little more body fat. I'm probably around 20%ish.

Btw, I'm just barely recovering from a serious bout of orthorexia and binging, and reading your journal, derps, and especially yoga bares' has really helped me find a few tips, so thanks!
    Resistance training, cutting calories slightly, eating pro-thyroid food. All things to support metabolism. Basically, the plan is to ramp up your body temperature, by increasing levels of youth related hormones, and decreasing stress hormones. Notice how when you're a teenager you're capable of eating way more without gaining weight(usually)?

cheffy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Resistance training, cutting calories slightly, eating pro-thyroid food. All things to support metabolism. Basically, the plan is to ramp up your body temperature, by increasing levels of youth related hormones, and decreasing stress hormones. Notice how when you're a teenager you're capable of eating way more without gaining weight(usually)?
    Yeah, I'm barely out of teenagerhood haha. So what would you say is a slight calorie deficit for a 21 year old man with a standing job (chef)? I lift once or twice a week

I see you and Zach having 5k calorie days every once in a while, I could definitely take that on ha

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    Yeah, I'm barely out of teenagerhood haha. So what would you say is a slight calorie deficit for a 21 year old man with a standing job (chef)? I lift once or twice a week

I see you and Zach having 5k calorie days every once in a while, I could definitely take that on ha
    Height and weight?

Also, I think getting an abundance of vitamins and minerals goes a long way to fixing your metabolism too.

The 5k calorie days goes along with this:

"My recommendation is to eat to increase the metabolic rate (usually temperature and heart rate), rather than any particular foods. Usually the increased metabolic rate, with adequate protein, causes some muscle increase, and when that happens the basic calorie requirement will increase. The increase of muscle mass should continue for several weeks, and during that time the weight might increase a little, but usually the loss of water and fat will compensate for the greater muscle mass. I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium. When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories."

cheffy is offline Member
    Height and weight?

Also, I think getting an abundance of vitamins and minerals goes a long way to fixing your metabolism too.

The 5k calorie days goes along with this:

"My recommendation is to eat to increase the metabolic rate (usually temperature and heart rate), rather than any particular foods. Usually the increased metabolic rate, with adequate protein, causes some muscle increase, and when that happens the basic calorie requirement will increase. The increase of muscle mass should continue for several weeks, and during that time the weight might increase a little, but usually the loss of water and fat will compensate for the greater muscle mass. I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium. When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories."
    5'8" 160 lbs. I've got decent muscle tone, but I've got more of a skinny fat thing going on.

So I'm assuming that 5k thing isn't a daily deal?

Nope. But during the feast, it makes me feel really warm, and good.

I think resistance training and adjusting caloric intake depending on how hungry you are is enough to get you into shape. Bodybuilders on a cut, often nipple on cynomel throughout the day too.

cheffy is offline Member
    Nope. But during the feast, it makes me feel really warm, and good.

I think resistance training and adjusting caloric intake depending on how hungry you are is enough to get you into shape. Bodybuilders on a cut, often nipple on cynomel throughout the day too.
    Sweet, thanks! I'm just relearning my actual hunger cues, rather than eating a certain amount of calories because I can have them eg. orthorexia. I used to eat around 2k until I eventually got frustrated and binged

What a coincidence, I just ordered some cynomel about a week ago. Hopefully it makes it through customs..

Good thing to practice is just eating whenever you feel your body cooling down, that's sign of a need for more glycogen. Monitoring your temperature and pulse may contribute to OCD, so don't worry about that too much, unless you're really curious. Paying attention to cold nose, hands, feet is enough.

Don't take more than 10mcg at once, especially when beginning, because any more than 10mcg is unphysiological and may create a dependency(still need to research this)

cheffy is offline Member
    Good thing to practice is just eating whenever you feel your body cooling down, that's sign of a need for more glycogen. Monitoring your temperature and pulse may contribute to OCD, so don't worry about that too much, unless you're really curious. Paying attention to cold nose, hands, feet is enough.

Don't take more than 10mcg at once, especially when beginning, because any more than 10mcg is unphysiological and may create a dependency(still need to research this)
    I think I could handle the occasional temp and pulse monitoring without the OCD kicking in, so i'll try that.

Thanks for the tip about the cynomel.

Does sleep affect body temp? I don't have a set schedule, and at least half the month I do early morning shifts, where I have to be up at 3 or 4 am to go to work. Sometimes that causes me to get less than 8 hours of sleep. I don't know if it's just extra cold at work lately, but I've been cold for the past 3 days of am shifts!

Btw, what's a good temp and pulse?
    Last edited by cheffy; 06-12-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to add ? about pulse

Sleep is a stressful time, unfortunately it's not really realistic to get 8 hours every night, so, I think minimizing the stressful state is important, ie; going to bed with a charged liver. Ideally, you'd want to sleep as much as that every night. What are you eating in the morning?

98.3-98.7 and 75-85
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast