Page 45 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1124

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 45

  1. #441
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I must just be bad at listening to my body. I never notice any ill effects from food. I noticed that excess fruit makes me hot, but that isn't a major drawback. Am I feeling shitty after certain food and just not noticing it? Weird.
    I'm sort of the same. Funny enough we have the same build too. I do know what a very few foods do to me, though. MSG = migraine, nuts = stomach ache, headache, soy = stomach ache, seed oils = stomach ache, pork = stomach ache, mildly greasy skin, headache

    Though most of those things all have one thing in common: PUFA

    Everything else seems to be OK. Too much fat bogs me down, but that's about it.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  2. #442
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I must just be bad at listening to my body. I never notice any ill effects from food. I noticed that excess fruit makes me hot, but that isn't a major drawback. Am I feeling shitty after certain food and just not noticing it? Weird.
    I don't notice either. Any physical discomfort I experience after eating is usually caused by overeating (i.e., eating so much that my stomach hurts from being stretched to its limits). I try to avoid that. When I used to eat oatmeal and oat bran, I noticed that they sometimes gave me heartburn. Too much sticky rice will give me heartburn too, but regular rice doesn't seem to have that effect. If I eat too much ice cream, I sometimes feel sick (slightly nauseated). But that's the extent of my knowledge.

    Hey Zach, how do you measure inflammation?

  3. #443
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    Ombat, have you tried supplementing niacinamide for HCL(stomach acid)? I know, another supplement, but really, it does help.

    Is Vitamin B3 Dependency a Causal Factor in the Development of Hypochlorhydria and Achlorhydria? - Jonathan E. Prousky, B.P.H.E., B.Sc., N.D.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  4. #444
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I don't notice either. Any physical discomfort I experience after eating is usually caused by overeating (i.e., eating so much that my stomach hurts from being stretched to its limits). I try to avoid that. When I used to eat oatmeal and oat bran, I noticed that they sometimes gave me heartburn. Too much sticky rice will give me heartburn too, but regular rice doesn't seem to have that effect. If I eat too much ice cream, I sometimes feel sick (slightly nauseated). But that's the extent of my knowledge.

    Hey Zach, how do you measure inflammation?
    Not Zach, but usually I measure inflammation by joint pain; particularly in the fingers and knees. Scalp is probably a good indication too. These are pretty easy to tell, because, they're areas you usually don't feel anything in, especially the scalp.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  5. #445
    aliphian's Avatar
    aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Not Zach, but usually I measure inflammation by joint pain; particularly in the fingers and knees. Scalp is probably a good indication too. These are pretty easy to tell, because, they're areas you usually don't feel anything in, especially the scalp.
    My fingers pretty much always hurt from climbing and I have screwed up knees. So, what does scalp inflammation look like?
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

  6. #446
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    My fingers pretty much always hurt from climbing and I have screwed up knees. So, what does scalp inflammation look like?
    Haha, I guess I forgot to take into account active people. Red scalp, itchy, tingling, burning, etc;

    I had this on VLC, before lots of hair shedding, so I'm all too familiar with it. I had system wide inflammation from a backlash of years of shitty food though, being liberated all at once.

    Thankfully it was short lived after I stopped being dumb, scope out my healthy shine

    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  7. #447
    aliphian's Avatar
    aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Haha, I guess I forgot to take into account active people. Red scalp, itchy, tingling, burning, etc;

    I had this on VLC, before lots of hair shedding, so I'm all too familiar with it. I had system wide inflammation from a backlash of years of shitty food though, being liberated all at once.

    Thankfully it was short lived after I stopped being dumb, scope out my healthy shine

    Shiny!
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

  8. #448
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,386
    Word, girls love shiny hair. They always ask how I get my hair like that, I tell them lots of sugar and caffeine. They don't believe me.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  9. #449
    aliphian's Avatar
    aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Word, girls love shiny hair. They always ask how I get my hair like that, I tell them lots of sugar and caffeine. They don't believe me.
    I don't believe you. Isn't it all that gelatin?
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

  10. #450
    cheffy's Avatar
    cheffy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Errbodys welcome here.

    No i dont track calories, i go by hunger and a common routine. Id say i average 2500-5000 on any given day.

    I make sure to get calories in within an hour or teo of waking and then just never go hungry throughout the day. Usually i will taper off calories a few hours before bed.
    So this is in no way meant to be sarcastic, but, how do you intend to lose body fat? Just curious. I've also wondered about this with peat/roddy/stone. I know their main deal is to increase metabolism, but how far can a metabolism increase? Is the metabolic increase how you intend to lose body fat? Derp, feel free to jump in on this one

    Just curious because I'm pretty sure I have a slightly lowered metabolism, and I'd like to fix it and get to a point to where I could lose a little more body fat. I'm probably around 20%ish.

    Btw, I'm just barely recovering from a serious bout of orthorexia and binging, and reading your journal, derps, and especially yoga bares' has really helped me find a few tips, so thanks!

Page 45 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •