Page 44 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 44

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm looking at dried fruit and I think raisins would be good for me. I've checked nutritional data (for curiosity, not orthorexic tendencies!) and they are very inflammatory. Is this from the sugar only? Of course with other foods the inflammation will come down but still, quite negative.

I'm looking on Amazon and I can get 2.5KG organic raisins with no added sugar or oil for 11. That's pretty good to me! I'd love cranberries too but they are ridiculous prices if you don't get them filled with stuff.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    i can't take this...
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1370978550.943234.jpg

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    that inflammatory thing has entirely no rhyme or reason to it, ignore it completely. they list the most healthy foods as inflammatory.
    nihil

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Why is the combination of fructose and pufa so bad?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    PUFA stores in the liver
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    update

Quick update. Since i have been doing the vegetarian thing i have been experimenting fully with what makes me feel good and what doesnt. Been doing a lot of mono meals, high fat meals and high carb meals and a few combo meals. I think i have finally dialed in on exactly makes me feel good or bad. Im basing off of energy, digestion, inflammation, libido and warmth.

So far, meat for me is completely counter productive. Meat in almost any form besides really fatty beef like a burger or light fish like in fish tacos just slows everything down and lowers all markers.

Dairy is the opposite. Milk and cheese seems to immediately bring markers up and is digested very well. Exception is yogart.

As with dairy vs meat, sugar vs starch is my other big thing. Sugar has an immediate positive effect where as starch in almost all forms act much the same as meat does. The only starch i like is very well baked sweet potatoes but i believe it mostly turns into sugar after cooking for so long. Sugar, mostly fruit sugar also improves my digestion greatly, great BMs twice a day and juicy fruit in the summer is the best. For heat and libido production, nothing beats 5-6 pieces of fruit and 32g dairy protein.

Other things i have been using a lot with great results is dark chocolate, salt and gelatin. Its interesting the the fat from chocolate and cheese actually makes me feel great even when mixed with lots of carbs but any other fat source is the opposite. Eggs are kind of in the middle.

So anyway i have settled on a very high sugar diet with only milk, cheese, chocolate, eggs and gelatin as my protein and fat sources. Right now im being pretty strict so grains only make an appearance a few times a week.

Also expect updated pics in a week or so. Should be near optimal bodyfat. Weight lifting has been going well.
    Last edited by Zach; 06-12-2013 at 12:32 PM.

cheffy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    update

Quick update. Since i have been doing the vegetarian thing i have been experimenting fully with what makes me feel good and what doesnt. Been doing a lot of mono meals, high fat meals and high carb meals and a few combo meals. I think i have finally dialed in on exactly makes me feel good or bad. Im basing off of energy, digestion, inflammation, libido and warmth.

So far, meat for me is completely counter productive. Meat in almost any form besides really fatty beef like a burger or light fish like in fish tacos just slows everything down and lowers all markers.

Dairy is the opposite. Milk and cheese seems to immediately bring markers up and is digested very well. Exception is yogart.

As with dairy vs meat, sugar vs starch is my other big thing. Sugar has an immediate positive effect where as starch in almost all forms act much the same as meat does. The only starch i like is very well baked sweet potatoes but i believe it mostly turns into sugar after cooking for so long. Sugar, mostly fruit sugar also improves my digestion greatly, great BMs twice a day and juicy fruit in the summer is the best. For heat and libido production, nothing beats 5-6 pieces of fruit and 32g dairy protein.

Other things i have been using a lot with great results is dark chocolate, salt and gelatin. Its interesting the the fat from chocolate and cheese actually makes me feel great even when mixed with lots of carbs but any other fat source is the opposite. Eggs are kind of in the middle.

So anyway i have settled on a very high sugar diet with only milk, cheese, chocolate, eggs and gelatin as my protein and fat sources. Right now im being pretty strict so grains only make an appearance a few times a week.

Also expect updated pics in a week or so. Should be near optimal bodyfat. Weight lifting has been going well.

Hey, I've been lurking for a long time and I was wondering, do you have any calorie goals? Or do you just eat what feels right? Just curious I'm just beginning to become familiar with Peat/Roddy/Stone so I've been lurking on you and derp for a while....

Kinda creepy but yeah lol. Can't wait to see your results

Zach is offline Banned
    Errbodys welcome here.

No i dont track calories, i go by hunger and a common routine. Id say i average 2500-5000 on any given day.

I make sure to get calories in within an hour or teo of waking and then just never go hungry throughout the day. Usually i will taper off calories a few hours before bed.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Great update, Z. I have to say I'm with you in regards to fruit vs. starch -a decision I've fully conceded to in the last hour. I just had a meal of red coconut curry with chicken and zucchini (my one bite of veg for the week) and 2 full scoops of rice. I am so uncomfortable right now I want to rip my clothes off (in a non-sexy way). My lower stomach is pushing on my pants and my upper abdomen is digging into my bra. The last 2 days of increased potatoes and rice has yielded similar results. I've experienced much more phsyical stomach distention from fruit in the past few weeks, but it's not so uncomfortable like this, just ugly. I have to say my energy feels great after the meal I just had but otherwise it does not feel good. I will have to experiment again with sweet potatoes.. my one true love.

Anywho, it's exciting that you've been able to draw conclusions on your self experiments. Oh, and I readily await your topless photos... <3

EDIT: Maybe nix the energy thing. Already starting to crash.
    Last edited by ombat; 06-12-2013 at 02:44 PM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I must just be bad at listening to my body. I never notice any ill effects from food. I noticed that excess fruit makes me hot, but that isn't a major drawback. Am I feeling shitty after certain food and just not noticing it? Weird.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Page 44 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast