Page 43 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 43

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Wow what a beautiful serene imagery you just gave me
    nihil

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Figs, dates, avocados, pineapple, mangoes, tamarind, passion fruits, plantains, and cherimoyas are all higher in calories and low-ish in water content, relatively. But, what's wrong with dried fruit? I've been eating freeze-dried mixed fruits with milk or yogurt -- tastes like cereal! I love it lol.

Also @Knifegill: Zach helps out a lot of people on this forum who are bloated due to undereating and eliminating food groups just out of pure fear of what it may do to their bodies despite not having an intolerance or allergy; I am one of those people. He is not wasting his time in any way, and has helped at least a few people on here with their orthorexic tendencies. From what I've gathered, he has also been in nearly the same position that you're in right now, and he's not trying to attack you or criticize you for your choices. He's just trying to help! No need to be offended.
    I eat a couple of those fruits so that's good! Most dried fruit doesn't appeal to me, except maybe raisins but I don't find dried fruit as a "food" for a meal like I do with fresh fruit. I've tried freeze dried fruit in the past and unless it's with something like cereal, I'm not too keen. (I've realised that I don't even do well with gluten free oats, despite their taste!)

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    For those of you eating large quantities of fruit, what do you find your food budget to be on a weekly basis? (Do you buy weekly or more/less often?) I'm forever craving fruit but it always seems overly expensive, even to buy enough for one 'serving' a day, eating a much as you (Zach) seem to looks financially bananas to me. (Especially when it's not in season)

I feel like I am still spending money on a bunch of extraneous crap that I do not need which is hindering my desired diet of fruit, cheese, meat forever. =P

Overall this has been a very interesting thread. I have to give another shout out for baking soda, btw. 3-4 times a week I 'scrub' my face with coconut oil + baking soda. It has turned my skin into a soft and glowy dream when coupled with a clean (zero fast food) diet. On the days I do not do that, I only use water and a soft brush on my face, and use the tiniest dab of coconut oil on my skin at night.
    Well I personally pay 25/week to my parents and that buys around 15 worth of fruit or whatever I want. This is almost enough for a week but sometimes I have to go out mid-week to buy some more. I then buy the following all with my own money: Raw Milk, cheese, meat, fish, dried fruit bars. I'll be buying oranges soon so will need to find a good place to get them cheap to make OJ with fresh leaves I'm growing. I already know that I under eat and this is because of my income for the most part. Essentially I'm left with 15 a week after my 2 expenditures of rent and car insurance comes out. I buy nothing else other than food. I have very few possessions these days (Mac, iPhone and car which I'm selling later in the year) and I couldn't be happier! My Brother is trying to buy happiness every week with a new fad, gadget or indulgence. (last week he bought a hot tub but moans about his job, his bills and weight/health, something I see quite a lot of these days now that I prioritise on what's really important)

I'd estimate that the value of all my food is 45-55 a week on, with 2 per day on raw milk (just over 1 pint). Like Zach, I only eat good stuff, although I don't buy hardly any organic fruit because we don't have much over here and it's about 100% - 200% increase in price!

I typically eat: Red grapes, watermelon, pineapple, Kiwi, strawberries, Peaches, Oranges, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, G. Fed Raw goat milk, goat cheese, honey, Org. G.Fed Lamb, Butter, small amount of Coconut oil, NAKD bars.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-11-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I spend a ton of money on fruit but I'm so much happier than when I was trying to stuff veggies in, so it's worth it.

Count me in as someone who was grateful for the opposing points of view that Zach and Derp presented on the forums; it helped to bring me back off of a VLC ledge that was making me miserable. I never understood why posters were so vitriolic in their arguments, though. You guys would always be polite well past the point when they would descend into the ad hominem attacks. Then when you'd finally lash out a bit, it was like they were completely unaware of their own unpleasantness that brought on the lashings. But seriously, people acted like you were killing kittens with all that talk about fruit. Boggles the mind.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Haven't any of you read the Bible (or seen the film)? Fruit is the root of evil!!!

Just look.

Can someone link me to this new fruit thread? Sounds entertaining
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-11-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Fruit is the root of evil!!!
    I guess I'm in trouble then... I've already had 2 small bananas and 1 cup of blueberries!!

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I feel like I spend a ton of money on fruit but I'm so much happier than when I was trying to stuff veggies in, so it's worth it.

Count me in as someone who was grateful for the opposing points of view that Zach and Derp presented on the forums; it helped to bring me back off of a VLC ledge that was making me miserable. I never understood why posters were so vitriolic in their arguments, though. You guys would always be polite well past the point when they would descend into the ad hominem attacks. Then when you'd finally lash out a bit, it was like they were completely unaware of their own unpleasantness that brought on the lashings. But seriously, people acted like you were killing kittens with all that talk about fruit. Boggles the mind.
    I lost a lot of weight doing VLC but it was not sustainable for me. I became so obsessive about carb counting and people in my life actually started looking like bowls of mashed potatoes and warm peaches on vanilla bean ice cream. >.>

The person who really helped me out was ChocoTaco actually. I spent a lot of time reading his posts and coming around to the idea that eating mashed potatoes if I wanted them or some fruit when I wanted it wasn't going to ruin my life. People don't get fat from eating fresh fruit. I never ever ate fruit before, unless it was in a pie. :P

I'm still fat as a house right now but at least I am not obsessing about food macros anymore. I think I am making progress.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    And now I spend most of my posts here trying to help other people not stress as much.

When I read some threads and see so many people very clearly entrenched in disordered eating without even knowing it, it breaks my heart. I know that feel bro.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    And now I spend most of my posts here trying to help other people not stress as much.

When I read some threads and see so many people very clearly entrenched in disordered eating without even knowing it, it breaks my heart. I know that feel bro.
    I've read your posts kitty, and I really like them And I totally know what you mean. I pipe up on those posts too, but most of the time people don't want to hear it. When I first started on this website I was neck deep in ED mentality - people kept telling me to eat more and I thought they were wrong.

I'm still figuring it all out myself. In terms of carbs, I probably need to make some sacrifices, but fruit isn't one of them!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I can't take this...

Page 43 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast