Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 42

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    I spend like $200 a week on food for up to 3 people. Fruit is not very cheap but i prioritize good food over any other expense.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Honestly that's not too bad for high quality eating for three. I feed only myself and occasionally one of my roomies mooches off me (not that I mind, I adore her). I try not to spend more than 100 at the grocery each week, but I am buying a lot of stupid shit I need to not buy.

Thanks Zach!

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea if it was just me, i could make $100 a week work. There is always specials on certain oranges or bags of apples, etc. bananas are cheap. I really only buy a handful of things. My shopping list is something like this.

Milk, cheese, butter, maple syrup, bananas, oranges, apples, mangos, pit fruits, bread, eggs, pizza dough, tomato sauce, ice cream.

Zach is offline Banned
    Add sweet potatoes and grapes to that.

And you get all your meat elsewhere right? Currently I buy my meat on a weekly basis from the grocery store, I don't have space to store it in bulk. It's part of my weekly budget though.

I'm just fumbling around trying to do things in a way that works. Emphasis on fumbling. :P

Zach is offline Banned
    I have been vegetarian going on 8 days now but yea i buy my beef from a local farm.

oh no, now i am developing a facial twitch from trying not to judge you. :P i must have missed that shift.

sometimes i go through phases where i don't want to eat meat but they are few and far between. these days all i want to eat is meat and cheese and nothing else. i'm just trying to follow what my body wants.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Buy frozen pesticide free fruit, it's cheaper. Or just bananas. Lots and lots of bananas. Dried fruit isn't too bad either. Dates cost a small fortune though;_;

My budget is like $80 for two weeks(excludes drinks). This is lots of dairy, trader joe's cheese(gouda is like 5.99lb, I eat 8oz a day when I eat it), eggs(ARGH!), shellfish, bananas, carrots, and 1lb of liver, etc;. I also save a little bit of money by picking and squeezing my own oranges for oj.

Lately I've been failing on budgets though as I have had quite a few 5k+ calorie days with lots of eating of other more expensive food. Today, I'm good though. Just 32oz of cottage cheese, oj, 8 bananas, some gouda.
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I remember when Zach and I first stated posting here... ah, good times. We were taken out of context and adamantly attacked at every post by 50 different people. Now, whenever we post, the low carb guys duck in a corner or cry about it, and claim we're demonizing low carb. "n-no muh low carb diet..."

Eventually the world is going to be turned over, starting with this place.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-10-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    nihil

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I remember when Zach and I first stated posting here... ah, good times.
    One day you two will be sitting in your rocking chairs on your stoop, overlooking your tobacco plantation, drinking raw milk and remembering when it was all just a dream.

I feel like I pay a small fortune for groceries. Well, that was more when I consuming vast quantities of meat. But fruit is pretty damn expensive as well.

Page 42 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast