Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 41

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Fruit is a waste of stomach space during meal time, save it for the end of your eating window, or just have a little bit.
    Same for me.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I guess that makes sense about the water content and bloating... Fruit is the first thing I have to eat and is usually: a third of Watermelon, handful of grapes, 2 kiwi, a peach and some berries. I'm going to take the watermelon out since it's 90% water! . I'm really enjoying sweet potatoes and goat cheese so perhaps I will have more of that, maybe even with some eggs! (which usually bloat me too) I'm not going to give up fruit because finally, I feel energised but I think opting for the lower water content fruit would help. (any ideas of fresh low water fruits? they all seen fairly high. Banana is 70% but I don't like banana!)

I have some NAKD (larabars) coming this week which are mostly dates so there's something 'dry' to snack on instead of more fresh fruit.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-10-2013 at 06:35 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Knifegill, when i said yous guys, i certainly wasnt referring to you. I stand by what i said that you are one of the sickest members of this forum.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Zach, what Matt Stone book would you recommend for me to buy and read first?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Zach, what Matt Stone book would you recommend for me to buy and read first?
    I really liked his new one on veganism. They all have the basic principles, Diet Recovery 2 is probably the most in depth.

Ci, thank you. This is why lately i have been sticking to just our select few journals instead of arguing out in the general forums. I honestly dont care anymore. I think its hilarious though that the staunchlow carbers who just half a year ago were completely attacking every post i wrote are now whining that the carb pushers are berating their posts. How the tables have turned.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I really liked his new one on veganism. They all have the basic principles, Diet Recovery 2 is probably the most in depth.

Ci, thank you. This is why lately i have been sticking to just our select few journals instead of arguing out in the general forums. I honestly dont care anymore. I think its hilarious though that the staunchlow carbers who just half a year ago were completely attacking every post i wrote are now whining that the carb pushers are berating their posts. How the tables have turned.
    Zach, I'm glad I read some of your previous posts before you stopped arguing it out in the forums. Between you, Derpamix and posts from some others I'm getting over my orthorexic tendencies.

Personally, my body functions better with fruit than without it.

Zach is offline Banned
    It think most peoples bodies would function better with fruit.

Yea it sucks that the few people that are interested dont get to benefit from derp and i posting more but it is exhausting and just not something im interested in anymore.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    It think most peoples bodies would function better with fruit.

Yea it sucks that the few people that are interested dont get to benefit from derp and i posting more but it is exhausting and just not something im interested in anymore.
    Luckily Derp took a few moments to explain some things to me about sugar. I was never a low-carber but it is still interesting and important information.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Except for the vast majority of us whose bloat disappeared completely when we dropped grains and sugar?
    And the fact that some still experience bloating despite giving up grains and sugar means what? That your argument is irrelevant.

Nstocks, I only eat watermelon (now expanding that to other melons) when I'm thirsty or not eating anything else. Mangoes seem to digest well with other food, as well as the list Ci provided.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For those of you eating large quantities of fruit, what do you find your food budget to be on a weekly basis? (Do you buy weekly or more/less often?) I'm forever craving fruit but it always seems overly expensive, even to buy enough for one 'serving' a day, eating a much as you (Zach) seem to looks financially bananas to me. (Especially when it's not in season)

I feel like I am still spending money on a bunch of extraneous crap that I do not need which is hindering my desired diet of fruit, cheese, meat forever. =P

Overall this has been a very interesting thread. I have to give another shout out for baking soda, btw. 3-4 times a week I 'scrub' my face with coconut oil + baking soda. It has turned my skin into a soft and glowy dream when coupled with a clean (zero fast food) diet. On the days I do not do that, I only use water and a soft brush on my face, and use the tiniest dab of coconut oil on my skin at night.

Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast