Page 40 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 40

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Me too. Been havin the same breakfast for awhile. Two big baked sweet potatoes, then friend in coconut oil and butter, topped with syrup and salt, three eggs on top.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Sweet potatoes with lightly fried eggs on top, the warm yolks running down and mingling with the sweet flesh of the potato... I think I'll have some of that today.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Sweet potatoes with lightly fried eggs on top, the warm yolks running down and mingling with the sweet flesh of the potato... I think I'll have some of that today.
    The best.

I just read Stone's book on digestion recovery and he seems not to be a fan of fructose and other simple sugars for people with subpar digestion and metabolism. He says they exhaust cellular ATP which would of course hinder metabolism. Thoughts? (Derp too)

Zach is offline Banned
    How old was the book?

Ah, I thought it was 2012 but that was another book. 2009. He does change his mind quite frequently, doesn't he... Anyway, most of it was focused on the atrophying tendencies of digestion - use it or lose it sort of thing. I wonder how much that might actually apply to me now that I've spent 2 years probably "losing it"

Zach is offline Banned
    Well to he fair, i have changed a lot from 2009 as well.

I agree with the use it or lose it for digestion. Exercise and metabolism play a huge role in digestion as well. I do think most you yous guys bloating is due to undereating and mass elimination of food groups.

I agree that in doing so it may not have done much good but it remains (for me) that I did not begin restricting until I already noticed the bloating. Catch 22 situation.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I just read Stone's book on digestion recovery and he seems not to be a fan of fructose and other simple sugars for people with subpar digestion and metabolism. He says they exhaust cellular ATP which would of course hinder metabolism. Thoughts? (Derp too)
    It's wrong, simple as. Majority of t3 is converted from t4 in the liver, where abundance of fructose is metabolized. It's also based on a theory that energy surpluses don't exist, and that the body can't figure out what to do with it, and shut down.
    nihil

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree with the use it or lose it for digestion. Exercise and metabolism play a huge role in digestion as well. I do think most you yous guys bloating is due to undereating and mass elimination of food groups.
    Except for the vast majority of us whose bloat disappeared completely when we dropped grains and sugar? You're just going to ignore that - okay. And no, I can't regularly eat starchy fruit, either. Good for people who can!

Undereating is not something I know how to do except for IF, but then I make up for it with feasts so I'm technically rarely undereating over the course of the week. So I can't vouch for that one either way.

I usually stay out of this thread because it's such an obvious waste of time, but I had to point out that massive crater you just stepped in, in case you couldn't see yourself falling flat on your face.

To eat more would mean eating until it's uncomfortable, at least for a short period of time. Is this a bad thing? Is force-feeding really important to become healthier (in my case?) I find that I under eat most days because of stupid bloating like everyone else in here. The stomach is a muscle so perhaps the bloating is because the stomach isn't big enough esp. with high water content fruits. I'm not eating any 'gassy' foods that could ferment (unless sweet potatoes do).
    I find I can eat massive amounts beyond satiety and all goes well. No bloating. But that's meat, eggs, fat, some chocolate, nuts, berries - nothing too watery or fibrous on a regular basis, usually. I try to eat things I can digest, and little of what I can't. Fruit is a waste of stomach space during meal time, save it for the end of your eating window, or just have a little bit.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 06-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 40 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast