Page 37 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 37

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was certain that was the answer, but I never pass up the opportunity to ensure that I'm not being insane.

I wouldn't touch farmed fish with a 10 foot pole. The occasional restaurant meal being the exception.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I think I am very bloated from the cottage cheese, by the way. Lactose maybe?
    I was reading about this recently - lactose intolerance takes the form of stomach problems (bloating, BM troubles etc.), casein allergy effects the respiratory system (mucus in nose, lungs etc.)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Speaking of farm-raised fish.... Whole Foods has a "responsibly farmed" labeled fish selection.... Do you know what that means at all? Do you think it's still bad?
    What types of fish is it? I probably wouldnt eat it.

Fuck lactose intolerance! A myth just like gluten intolerance. :P

Zach is offline Banned
    I was kidding.

Yoges - I don't get the congestion (except for today, randomly) just the headache. Comes on about 10 minutes after the cheese or ice cream and persists for the rest of the day. Gone the next.

Howeeeeever, I had sheep's Feta (about 1 oz which is about 5g of fat) tonight with dinner and no headache! I guess tomorrow I'll just have to experiment with 2 ounces. In the name of science

Ci, Wholefoods farmed salmon is "dyed" because they feed them carrots. At least that's what they told my mom.

Z, just read Vegan Solution. Quick read that one. I found it kind of interesting though that my urination decreased when I started drinking juice. Perhaps because I was salting it? I salt almost all of my fluids now anyway.

Zach is offline Banned
    O, yea me too. Up the salt, no more peeing, its awesome.

So i decided to be a vegetarian. I really just dont feel good eating any types of meat. Dont know if its the iron or pufa or protein or what but without fail i will feel worse after a meat meal. Its officially day 3 and my main source of protein has been dairy, milk and cheese only. Gotta say i feel fantastic and dairy is so anabolic where for me, meat is not. Eggs and gelatin make up the other protein, although i just ran out of Great Lakes so i will have to switch to knox.

So yea, im sure i will eat a burger or steak once in a great while. For righ now though im going to push dairy to the limits and see what happens. Also upping my protein significantly has seriously helped with muscle strength and mass. Even in just theee days.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So . . . Eggs. I do buy eggs from a local farmer, pastured ones. Are there issues eating a lot of those for PUFA badness? I eat 2-3 day. I can get them year-round. They do cost more but still, they are pretty cheap as a food source and I don't tire of them.

Zach is offline Banned
    Try to stay under 10g of PUFA a day if you can. 3 eggs has like 4.5-6g PUFA depending on size. I personally eat 2-4 every day.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Argh, friggin dark circles!!! I look so tired! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I keep reading that dairy can cause them but having cu out dairy for 4 years, they were still present. Eyes always feel tired and heavy, some say it's a sign of chronic fatigue.

Not that it will help wit the dark circles, but I ordered some goat milk soap today! With natural oils to see if it can help with my scars and overall boost my skins health. I'm finding that baking soda just makes my skin dull and flaky, even with jojoba oil and aloe vera applied after it.

I had a great dinner today: Baked chicken breast with sweet potato and goat cheese. Mmmmm
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So i decided to be a vegetarian. I really just dont feel good eating any types of meat. Dont know if its the iron or pufa or protein or what but without fail i will feel worse after a meat meal. Its officially day 3 and my main source of protein has been dairy, milk and cheese only. Gotta say i feel fantastic and dairy is so anabolic where for me, meat is not. Eggs and gelatin make up the other protein, although i just ran out of Great Lakes so i will have to switch to knox.

So yea, im sure i will eat a burger or steak once in a great while. For righ now though im going to push dairy to the limits and see what happens. Also upping my protein significantly has seriously helped with muscle strength and mass. Even in just theee days.
    *throws red paint on you* oops, that was supposed to happen the other way around. Sorry, I got confused.

Do you think your digestion isn't well enough to handle meat? Do you have the same reaction to ruminant vs fowl vs fish?

I've noticed that I don't care for red meat at all anymore (probably since I OD'd on it when I was ZC). I feel like I've lost my meat loving identity. But I absolutely crave fish and eggs and even chicken at times. Less now that I'm eating dairy.

Nstocks, Re: dark circles, I think it's really about nutrients and sleep. Also, the pleasure of eating sheep's and goat's cheese > cow's cheese IMO.

Page 37 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast