Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 33

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nstocks, hate to go back to the basics but man, you are overthinking it i think. With your income, you cant really afford to be picky or get bored with foods. You need calories and lots of em. Go back to buying bulk, goats milk, bananas, white rice, potatoes, minced lamb. Figure out ways to make them tasty and spend your money on whatever else you can afford, preferably fruit, cheese, sugar.

This is what i would do in your situation, you got to try and really force those calories in if you want to completely overcome your issues. I do believe you are slightly hypo and maybe a bit low T although i think you said that that is coming back. All your issues i believe can he fixed since you are young, you just gotta be diligent. Fuck all this talk about candy, pavlovs or whatever and whatever else junk, buy the nutriant dense cheap stuff and think of it as fuel, not so much entertainment.
    This is how I've always though about sugar: Entertainment. This is why I'm over thinking junk food, because I don't have anything to do so I eat! Not emotionally eat but just because I have nothing else to do all day. (other than move about, cook read and sit in the sun) Of course fruit is delicious but it's not the same as candy and this is why I need to eat more than just fruit for meals.

I'm just about to order meat as I've missed that and haven't had any for well over a month when I ran out. I'm looking for tasty carrot recipes too as I've got a lot growing and are super cheap to buy. Carrots and sweet potatoes are the only 'veg' I'm eating right now, or until something else grown in my garden. I should be good with goat milk for another 3 weeks when I will run out.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Carrots are really good roasted in coconut oil or butter and sprinkled with sea salt and some honey maybe. You could chunk up the sweet potatoes and do them in the same dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Carrots are really good roasted in coconut oil or butter and sprinkled with sea salt and some honey maybe. You could chunk up the sweet potatoes and do them in the same dish.
    I've just created a dish lines with foil and placed 2 shredded carrots and 2 salmon fillets in with honey, butter, sea salt and tarragon. Very good!

I just thought: I could make marshmallows! I have the sugar and I have GL Beef Gelatine so it won't cost me a penny. I've made honey marshmallows before and they turned out great! Not sure how sugar versions will taste unless I add a natural flavour.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    So I ask again have you manage to lose the 15-20 lbs you need to lose to get to 15% or lower bf?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    So I ask again have you manage to lose the 15-20 lbs you need to lose to get to 15% or lower bf?
    I know your really excited for my next pics but you will just have to wait and see! The suspense is killing you, i know.

What are your thoughts on buckwheat flakes? (in the same form as oats)? I notice rice is a cheap option but personally, I've never liked it nor want to eat it. I'm thinking some kind of flapjack (which is different in the US) that I can make myself using sugar, butter and buckwheat. I know it's not the best food but it's quite cheap and means that I won't be tempted by the gluten and crap-containing biscuits at home. I would use it barely as a snack and not for a main calorie source food.

I also tried freshly squeezed orange juice today. WOW! It's alive!!! The colour, the smell the taste all so much better than the bottled stuff which looks old and rancid compared to what I squeezed. When I source cheap bulk oranges I will buy a juicer; this one seems pretty good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James...I249TM10IO8Q1G
    Last edited by Nstocks; 06-04-2013 at 06:46 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    And I repeat my question to you: do you have body dysmorphia? Where are you getting that Zach needs to lose 20lbs? (Biased much?)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Nstocks, go for it! I got no problems wih grains man.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I know your really excited for my next pics but you will just have to wait and see! The suspense is killing you, i know.
    It is! Oh, wait, you were talking to Dirlot.

Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast