Page 32 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 32

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I have tried making my own chocolate but hated it. Mind you, it was whilst on the 21 day sugar detox lol. I don't have the ingredients anyway now and don't want to buy any. I don't eat bananas even though they are super cheap and quite sugary. I generally get bloated but I'm going to try eating some this week, ensuring they are extremely ripe. Those banana chips looks quite interesting. I have a dehydrator too!

The reason for making my own candy is because I just can't make myself buy that kind of junk. If it was cane sugar with natural flavours, then yes I'd buy it if it was cheap (but it isn't; Biona gummy bears are 1.75 for a tiny bag.) Even the ' The natural confectionary company' use glucose syrup as the first ingredient. I'd rather spend money on fruit which isn't that much more expensive than junk. (I mostly buy fruit that is on offer) I know how much I need to eat and I'm thinking about selling my car before insurance expire in September. (it's 60 a month)
    But I don't understand why you feel the need to eat candy? Is it for a sugar source? If so then it sounds like you're overcomplicating it...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    But I don't understand why you feel the need to eat candy? Is it for a sugar source? If so then it sounds like you're overcomplicating it...
    Well yes, it it mainly for a sugar source and I guess for a somewhat change in source of sugar as opposed to just eating fruit. I normally don't eat candy but if I do it's really low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    What were the ingredients? I make my own chocolate out of coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt. I have silicone molds and will make fillings for them as well. Raspberry's my favorite
    The 21DSD was coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla and cocoa. When I made a maply syrup version it just didn't taste that good. I too have silicone molds! How do you make the fillings? I've seen some with just mashed raspberries or something.

Well yes, it it mainly for a sugar source and I guess for a somewhat change in source of sugar as opposed to just eating fruit. I normally don't eat candy but if I do it's really low quality.
    Do you like coconut water? The cans have sugar added to them and are pretty cheap - think you get can them for 50p each in Tesco. Or you can buy the 500 mls cans for a 1.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Do you like coconut water? The cans have sugar added to them and are pretty cheap - think you get can them for 50p each in Tesco. Or you can buy the 500 mls cans for a 1.
    I use to drink that on a weekly basis but I no longer enjoy the taste, it taste like weirdly flavoured water to me. I think there are flavoured versions now so this may be worth a shot, especially since I'm not longer able to afford fruit juice. Good idea!

This is the cheapest deal I've found, check out the RRP! it's quite a good deal relative to the other vita coco products: Vita Coco 100% Natural Coconut Water with Pineapple 500 ml (Pack of 6): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Not too bad but no cheaper than fruit juice. I'm getting a lot of minerals and electrolytes from this though.

those ones don't have added sugar, but you could always add it yourself if you wanted to

Also, how are you with baking? Pavlova is an amazing dessert, and is basically just egg whites and sugar: Delia Smith's Pavlova Recipe

- Ray Peat

those ones don't have added sugar, but you could always add it yourself if you wanted to

Also, how are you with baking? Pavlova is an amazing dessert, and is basically just egg whites and sugar: Delia Smith's Pavlova Recipe
    Indeed I could

I do sometimes bake but I mostly get bloat from eggs... Pavlova is definitely out for me since it's the white which causes the problems. It's funny that you should mention Pavlova, my Parents are on a diet again and have bought mini pavlovas.I almost looked at buying those NAKD bars (larabars) but I tried them earlier this year and they gets be very bad dihorrea. Not to mention the cashews aren't soaked which means even harder digestion.

Indeed I could

I do sometimes bake but I mostly get bloat from eggs... Pavlova is definitely out for me since it's the white which causes the problems. It's funny that you should mention Pavlova, my Parents are on a diet again and have bought mini pavlovas.I almost looked at buying those NAKD bars (larabars) but I tried them earlier this year and they gets be very bad dihorrea. Not to mention the cashews aren't soaked which means even harder digestion.
    Well, wouldn't you be better off eating pavlova than bars of chocolate that have all kinds of crap in them?

Also, I just bought Sainsburys fair-trade 70% dark chocolate and it tastes amazing! It's cheaper than Lindt, and it only has 4 ingredients! Win!

- Ray Peat

Well, wouldn't you be better off eating pavlova than bars of chocolate that have all kinds of crap in them?

Also, I just bought Sainsburys fair-trade 70% dark chocolate and it tastes amazing! It's cheaper than Lindt, and it only has 4 ingredients! Win!
    Very true! The thing is with junky candy is like a weird sugar hangover or something which makes my eyes feel heavy and tired. With eggs I just feel bloated and tired. Two completely different feelings. I might give pavlova a go or at least look at making something myself rather than buying it.

I like chocolate but I tend to get bored of just plain chocolate. There are some good ones out there with natural hints of flavour for quite cheap too. I like Tesco Swiss 80% I think it is.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nstocks, hate to go back to the basics but man, you are overthinking it i think. With your income, you cant really afford to be picky or get bored with foods. You need calories and lots of em. Go back to buying bulk, goats milk, bananas, white rice, potatoes, minced lamb. Figure out ways to make them tasty and spend your money on whatever else you can afford, preferably fruit, cheese, sugar.

This is what i would do in your situation, you got to try and really force those calories in if you want to completely overcome your issues. I do believe you are slightly hypo and maybe a bit low T although i think you said that that is coming back. All your issues i believe can he fixed since you are young, you just gotta be diligent. Fuck all this talk about candy, pavlovs or whatever and whatever else junk, buy the nutriant dense cheap stuff and think of it as fuel, not so much entertainment.

Page 32 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast