Page 30 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 30

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's another update from me:

Mostly eating Raw fruit everyday because I've become a bit lazy to cook anything and I only have chicken and salmon to cook. Although I love a huge bowl of fruit in the A<, eating it for 2 meals is getting a bit much. It's no change in taste eating the same things at each meal which we all understand anyway; eating the same vegetables has the same effect. This also reduced my appetite, eating the same things all day.I think from this I will change to eating raw fruit for first meal, then a cooked item and carrots/sweet potatoes as the second meal. Snacking on goat cheese or raw goat milk when I like.

Fruit juice is no longer a part of my diet because I can't afford to drink it anymore. (it was previously on buy one get one free). At 2.40/litre it's way to expensive now so I will be drinking around 1 pint RAW goat milk per day and some water. I no longer drink herbal tea or as much liquids in general since the fruit gives me a lot of water. I love watermelon! I eat about 2 a week.

Skin is slightly improving! My breakouts have reduced quite a bit but obviously I have scarring. I'm alternating between shaving one day, doing nothing the next day and exfoliating with baking soda the day after that which is when I apply jojoba oil. I'm probably going to start adding aloe vera to my jojoba oil or as a weekly treatment to speed up healing.

Dark circles still remain. I've made a weird connection with them: When I'm at work I don't eat much because I don't get much break time during the 9 hour shift, which is when they are at the worst! (my eyeballs are also blood-shot at work) It could be lack of energy, the extreme lighting (superstore lights) or stress of the job. When I'm not working, they are still present but not as dark or as far across my eye.

My orthorexic tendencies have gone out the window and I've been eating some real trashy food lately. Gluten, candy which is mostly glucose syrup (HFCS), very poor quality chocolate, chips and cow milk ice cream which I don't digest. Why have I been eating this junk? Well, to be honest it's mostly to get more calories in (even though I don't count calories, I doubt I'm eating enough still). I mentioned before that at home we have a lot of this "food" because it's the family staples. Eating fruit twice a day means I have to go shopping mid-week and spend my own money. (I realise how much fruit cost and don't exceed more than what I pay in lodge to my parents, minus bills)

The downside of this (in some way) is that I've gained 6lbs in about 2 weeks. (I'm now 160lbs at 6'2" tall) I know, I know, still 'slim' but I'm actually really bloated! I blame it all on the garbage foods, esp. gluten and now I barley poop! What are your thoughts on drinking prune juice to clean the bowels so that things start moving again? Whilst I'm on the subject of being bunged up, I've noticed that my nose is always congested in the morning which it never really use to be. Not a big problem, but just something I've noticed. (could be the gluten!)

I'm exercising about 40 minutes per week sometimes less which I still need to work on. My abs ache when I workout which is great - they never really got worked. It doesn't really help with my bloated stomach but I know that's because of food/lack of excretion. Sunshine is about 1 hour per week if the sun comes out! I only take a sublingual VitD spray daily now (3000iu) as the only supplementation.

Looking forward to your thoughts
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-31-2013 at 03:56 PM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I hope you're proud of yourself...

But man is it expensive over here! 4 for that bottle. How much do you pay across the sea? I might have to stock up when I arrive over.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

patski is offline Senior Member
    Yes, real Canadian maple syrup isn't cheap. I can get a litre of it here for about $20. I found out a friend has a friend who makes it himself, and I bought a mason jar full of it for $20. However, it's almost empty. DAMN PANCAKES!

I totally forgot to include this in my food journal, but I believe alcohol consumption is what has been messing with my bowel movements lately, ie. constipation, pellet poop. UGH.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Yes, real Canadian maple syrup isn't cheap. I can get a litre of it here for about $20. I found out a friend has a friend who makes it himself, and I bought a mason jar full of it for $20. However, it's almost empty. DAMN PANCAKES!
    Wow, that's not much in price difference compared to over here! 4 = $6.3 Canadian for 250g. I don't feel so hard done by now

I totally forgot to include this in my food journal, but I believe alcohol consumption is what has been messing with my bowel movements lately, ie. constipation, pellet poop. UGH.
    Lol, I love how Zach's journal has become a place for everyone to update about their digestive affairs
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I hope you're proud of yourself...

But man is it expensive over here! 4 for that bottle. How much do you pay across the sea? I might have to stock up when I arrive over.
    Sainsburys! Lol.

Tesco sell a Finest* version which is the 'best' type of Canadian maple syrup. It's equivalent to a number/rank but I can't remember which one. It's more expensive though at almost 6 a bottle.

Zach is offline Banned
    Nstocks, i think your nose is from the gluten or cows milk. The constipation probably as well. Your body is just not used to eating stuff like that and i dont think you have a high enough metabolism to eat it unaffected. Thats really cool that your getting over your orthorexic tendencies though and also the acne clear up! Still think you could benefit from more strength straining. As for what to do about the problems, hard to say since you are so dang broke. I would keep up with the fruit as much as you can. Prune juice might help a little but i dont really know. Coffee and ciggeretes works well for constipation, being serious!

YB, yea i pay the same as you and Pat, and i buy local! Real maple syrup is just damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nstocks, i think your nose is from the gluten or cows milk. The constipation probably as well. Your body is just not used to eating stuff like that and i dont think you have a high enough metabolism to eat it unaffected. Thats really cool that your getting over your orthorexic tendencies though and also the acne clear up! Still think you could benefit from more strength straining. As for what to do about the problems, hard to say since you are so dang broke. I would keep up with the fruit as much as you can. Prune juice might help a little but i dont really know. Coffee and ciggeretes works well for constipation, being serious!
    Yep I really think it's the gluten (TMI but I had dihorrea twice today which usually happens after I eat gluten anyway). I really hope it's not the goat milk!!! I forgot to say that my skin is still mostly dry and flaky, even after exfoliating and applying jojoba. Now I'm not eating as much fat but I still get a fair bit from milk and cheese.

It's crazy really that I've flipped my diet so much in literally an overnight transformation. I know I need to be patient to really get things balanced out.

Zach is offline Banned
    Dry flaky skin is another sign of hypothyroid. Do you have insurance (do you need insurance over there?)? You should get that checked out for sure and maybe you will be able to get one some meds, otherwise if you can find a spot to pick up some t3.

Otherwise more food!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Maple syrup is the nectar of gods. But yes, it costs quite a pretty penny. I buy organic (American) syrup which is not much cheaper.

Alcohol also messes with my bowels, but in the opposite way.... Which has actually benefited me because I'm usually dealing with constipation.

Zach is offline Banned
    It truly is. I go through a litre a week or so. I have started just swiggin it if im feeling low, great pick me up!

Nstocks, you should try something like this, buy a cheap source of sugar and use it as a supplement throughout the day.

Page 30 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast