Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 24

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    1. Of course eating more calories then your burning will help with muscle soreness and muscle gain, its called being anabolic. Timing also helps with soreness a lot, drinking a sugar/protein drink during the workout and getting carbs/pro in directly after workout will help muscle repair greatly. You sure can gain fat if your overeating and sore. Repairing muscle only takes an extra couple hundred calories a day. DOMS are just a sign of muscle tissue breakdown, and usually if you get them regularly then your probably not eating enough.

2. Your doing full body routines which i dont think is enough if you want to add inches to your bum or whereever. An upper lower or push/pull split would be more effective for hypertrophy. In general it looks OK, as long as the weigh keeps going up.

3. Havnt you been paying attention, fruit and dairy is magical! best combo ever so make it a daily thing.

4. Its only bad if it keeps you up at night. Usually it helps people sleep to eat a bit before bed. A huge meal might give you restless legs and whatnot. As for fat loss, it might hinder that aince its harder to digest when sleeping and you burn quite a bit of fat at night.

5. Sure froyo is awesome too. Dont know if i would trust most sources though, probably a lot of gums and hfcs in them unless its a really high quality place. Its hard to find an ice cream without a gum in it, Haagen dazs and three Cousins (i think) are the only i have found.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I was just going to chime in about the froyo. I know those self-serve places you're talking about, and I love them too. I'm wary though b/c most processed foods in the U.S. are sweetened with HFCS so there's a good chance that the froyo is too. Every time I ask what kind of sweetener they use, the people working there never know the answer. Well, I guess I shouldn't really expect them to. I worked at Jamba Juice at one point (a long time ago), and if a customer asked me what kind of sweetener we used in the sorbet/yogurt/juice, I wouldn't have known either.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I was surprised when I looked at Haageb dazs, in that it only had a few ingredients and no fillers. It's made with cow milk though, and after a half a litre of Green and Blacks organic ice cream, I feel awful. I know it's NOT the sugar, it's the cream as the 2nd ingredient which contain the problematic proteins for me. I'd rather have a pint of Raw goat milk anyway
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-24-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Oh no, your gunna get the beetus!!

. We should make a carb club with milestones. 500g, 1000g...
    My milestone is 200g/day and will probably (although not certainly, bodies change, after all) stay there. Any more and I feel noticeably worse the next day.
    I'm impressed at the idea of 1000. How do you even manage that?

(Note: I have nothing against your diet as long as it works for you and am not being intentionally annoying/rude. I'm just curious and blunt.)
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I already set the milestone way higher than that by eating 1518g of white sugar in a day.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Lol, so whats the problem?

The cereal is a Bobs red Mill type right? Most likely whatever is in it is pure undigestible fiber or "bulk". Slowing down transit time. Only cereal i would recommend would be like a rice puff cereal.
    No problem with the horniness

The "Mighty Tasty Cereal" I bought has four ingredients: buckwheat, corn, sorghum, brown rice.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

diene is offline Senior Member
    You know, even when I did the potato hack and ate nothing but potatoes all day, I didn't really break 300 g of carbs a day. I think the most I ever ate was 269 g. Wow, looking back at my FitDay food log, there were days when I ate less than 10 g of carbs (when I was on the fat fast). Once, I only had 2.2 g of carbs! It's no wonder that I'd have carb binges on the weekends.

One day I ate 6lbs of oranges too, pretty cool, no? I want my own bracket. The Derpamix of Carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Wow, talk about Vit c overload, I bet you shit like a champion lmao.

How did you manage 1518g white sugar? Did you only drink soda the whole day? Did you turn into a hummingbird?
    I was eating it by the spoon, putting it in drinks, and I made a large pie with 1lb of sugar. Forgot how else I took it. Pretty sure by the end I was injecting it in my veins.

I think hummingbirds are fascinating. Their little hearts beat so fast just to sustain life, it must feel like being in love all the time.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I was surprised when I looked at Haageb dazs, in that it only had a few ingredients and no fillers. It's made with cow milk though, and after a half a litre of Green and Blacks organic ice cream, I feel awful. I know it's NOT the sugar, it's the cream as the 2nd ingredient which contain the problematic proteins for me. I'd rather have a pint of Raw goat milk anyway
    Hey Nstocks, You could always make you own ice cream with the raw goats milk if you have an ice cream maker. I just made some with goat milk yogurt. I also used a couple of table spoons of gelatin. It was wonderful with strawberries! Tomorrow I might try it with some of the raw goat milk I have left.

Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast