Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 22

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Let's see, if I start eating wheat again and eat an extra pound of sugar a day as sucrose, you mean?

You don't really have a clue what I normally eat.
    No not at all. You seem to still have no clue what i am talking about.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I know exactly what you are talking about. You think that gluten intolerance is an eating disorder that hypochondriacs can cure by just eating gluten. That says it all.

Zach is offline Banned
    I know exactly what you are talking about. You think that gluten intolerance is an eating disorder that hypochondriacs can cure by just eating gluten. That says it all.
    Nope, not even a little bit. Although i do believe some just let the gluten hysteria get the best of them. Im talking about self induced intolerances from a sub optimal diet. I fully acknowledge that celiac is real, but most just remove gluten and continue eating the junk that made them sick in the first place.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea but you had bloating with everything. Bloating is a digestion and hormonal issue for the most part. I bet you will be able to eat wheat again if you so choose in the near future. Oh glorious day!
    I do occasionally eat wheat, such as cereal bars but they just make me feel lousy. I'm thinking about buying some ginger and oat flour biscuits... I know they contain shitty vegetable fat, but in the scheme of things that's a tiny amount in the past 2 years. It's not going to be a constant food, but just something until I find/afford better stuff. I haven't consumed traditional gluten cereals for about 4 years - the same time I cut out cow milk and replace it with rice milk for my acne.

Man, I really need to eat more. I'm still keeping a journal of what I eat but it's just not enough. Money is mostly the issue. Thankfully a bank holiday weekend here in the UK means around 100 of overtime . Plus in a few months my career may be somewhat established so that I can sell my designs, plus I'm selling my car (around 4K).

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Nope, not even a little bit. Although i do believe some just let the gluten hysteria get the best of them. Im talking about self induced intolerances from a sub optimal diet. I fully acknowledge that celiac is real, but most just remove gluten and continue eating the junk that made them sick in the first place.
    There is no evidence to support your claim that neither gluten intolerance nor celiac is caused by ingestion of gluten, and a great deal of evidence that both are. Nor that either is eliminated and can return safely to eating unlimited quantities of gluten after giving up other crap.

I was never a junk food eater. That didn't save me from finding I had gluten intolerance that responded directly to elimination of gluten.

diene is offline Senior Member
    People who do not react to gluten at all usually consume it socially or as a treat. I have never seen anyone here who was not celiac or seriously gluten intolerant say they go to the lengths that everyone who is celiac must if they are to avoid accidental glutening or cross-contamination.
    I kinda do now. I have no gastrointestinal reactions to gluten, but, after reading Kresser's article about how 30% of the population is gluten intolerant and most don't know it (because gluten intolerance does not necessarily present as gastrointestinal issues), I have become paranoid and have decided to become seriously gluten free. This is because if you're gluten intolerant and continue to consume gluten, you could develop all kinds of autoimmune disorders, the most common being Hashimoto's. Since my TSH is already sky high (though not high enough to get a hypo diagnosis), I'm afraid that I'm in the process of developing (or already have) Hashimoto's. It's just not worth it to me. I already don't eat anything that contains gluten. The only thing I need to give up is beer. I also need to be more vigilant about not consuming soy sauce when eating out.

Edited to add: Plus, when I stopped eating wheat, I stopped getting cystic acne on my chin. Those things are disgusting (and painful) so for that reason alone I'm not touching wheat again.
    Last edited by diene; 05-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I do occasionally eat wheat, such as cereal bars but they just make me feel lousy. I'm thinking about buying some ginger and oat flour biscuits... I know they contain shitty vegetable fat, but in the scheme of things that's a tiny amount in the past 2 years. It's not going to be a constant food, but just something until I find/afford better stuff. I haven't consumed traditional gluten cereals for about 4 years - the same time I cut out cow milk and replace it with rice milk for my acne.
    I suggest you get yourself some gluten-free oats and eat a bowl for breakfast every morning for a week. That will tell you if you are able to eat safe oats or react to them as many people who are gluten-intolerant do.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I suggest you get yourself some gluten-free oats and eat a bowl for breakfast every morning for a week. That will tell you if you are able to eat safe oats or react to them as many people who are gluten-intolerant do.
    make sure your oat is gluten free!

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah! I remember buying these at the time of cutting out gluten and milk. I ate them with rice milk but became bored. As far as I remember, they didn't give me any problems but then as I learnt about Paleo and that "all grains are bad", I just decided to cut them out.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post

Man, I really need to eat more. I'm still keeping a journal of what I eat but it's just not enough. Money is mostly the issue. Thankfully a bank holiday weekend here in the UK means around 100 of overtime . Plus in a few months my career may be somewhat established so that I can sell my designs, plus I'm selling my car (around 4K).
    Your eating crap forms of grains. Try a local baker who only puts 3-4 ingrediants in their brrad. Go for white flour, it is highly digestible.

As for the gluten issue. I honestly dont care how anyone decides to eat. Katherin i was talking about your egg allergy at first. Gluten intolerance is a real thing but im very unconvinced that gluten is the culprit. More likely its from lowered metabolism and digestion causing a permeable gut. And you dont have to he a junk eater to get it. Low carb can cause it, undereating, even your mothers breastmilk being crap as a baby. I do believe the body is an amazing self righting machine and most issues can be resolved from some dietary and lifestyle changes. Eliminating food groups is not the answer unless you didnt care for that food group in the first place then who cares.

Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast