Page 19 of 113 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 19

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I've been eating a lot more white potatoes these days than sweet. I can't believe I'm about to say this: but I made myself sick of sweet potatoes.

THE HORROR!!!!!!11!!!11!11! :-o

I really can't do rice unless I cook it with lots of cream and add maple syrup to it.

More bowel movements = improved metabolism!? SWEET! I've had some days lately (like TODAY!!!) when I actually had TWO poops in a day! AWESOME! Oh, this makes me happy!

I made french toast a few weeks back with egg bread I bought from a local Italian bakery, good quality eggs, good quality cream, and the best butter I can buy here. AND I ATE 8 PIECES WITH TONS OF AMAZEBALLS MAPLE SYRUP AND IT WAS THE BEST MEAL EVAR!!!!

Honestly. It was pure bliss.
    I'm too getting slightly bored of sweet potatoes even though they are my favourite "vegetable". I think I'll experiment with some carrot recipes this week.

Yay for bowel movements!!! I've noticed that I go at least once a day, usually after breakfast which is around 12am since cutting out a lot of veg and half of the meat intake. Such a simple thing can bring so much relief esp. when you use to be chronically bloated and constipated.

Are dark chocolate rice cakes any good? These ones contain only 4 ingredients, one of which is brown rice. Is brown any better than than white in terms of digestibility because it's less processed? Kallo Organic Dark Chocolate Ricecakes 90G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-19-2013 at 04:48 PM.

max219 is online now Senior Member
    I've been having increased bowel movements (about 2 a day instead of 1), although I have been overeating like crazy these last few weeks ! Haha

As for the sweet potatoes - you guys should try Korean batatas/Korean Sweet potatoes. I think they are also called Japanese sweet potatoes. They have a purple skin and a white/yellowish flesh. It is easily becoming my new favorite food. Hopefully you can find them, there's only 2 stores I know that sell them by me (in Queens, NYC)

ph_01.jpg

Korean-sweet-potato-590x517.jpg

How I wish we had more variety over here. Seriously, I check supermarkets/markets every week and don't find half of the stuff in the Paleo cookbooks. Although I'm very grateful that I can get Raw goat milk.

"Exotic Vegetables"!!! We don't even have Spaghetti squash over here, so I've taken it upon myself to grown my own Should be ready to harvest in 3 months.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-19-2013 at 04:56 PM.

patski is offline Senior Member
    max, I have those in my kitchen RIGHT NOW! I didn't know they were the Korean type of sweet potato. They're just labelled as 'sweet potatoes' where I buy them. I love 'em.

Nstocks, I fucking hate brown rice. I think it tastes awful, and I'd say it's probably worse for you than white rice because it still has the hull intact, therefore making it harder to digest.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Strength training as long as its not overdone usually helps woth everything so i would bet that yes it would help the ratio of prog/E.

Lots of people have problems with bananas and bloating but my guess is they just eat them unripe which is really easy to do sice most think that a yellow banana is ripe. If your eating them when they start thrning black the. Almost all the starch is turned to sugar and is highly digestible.
    Perfecto - in London many of the small shops sell ripe fruit in bulk for 1: here I come, brown-spotted bananas!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Sad news: I've just spoken to the farmers where I get raw goat milk about buying in bulk and they don't do trade prices anymore. This means that it will cost 1.60 a pint and cost 48 to get 50 pints delivered! That's just for delivery, the milk cost 85. What a shame that they do all of this good stuff but charge a crazy price for delivery. I can get 30KG of meat delivered for less than 10 from the organic meat company!

So frustrating, BUT I may have found another company who make raw goat milk... I'll keep this post and the resource page update for anyone in the UK.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-20-2013 at 07:21 AM.

What would be a 'healthy' carby, salsty snack? I'm looking on 180degreehealth and looking at an ED recovery... He mentions cold hands and feet (I ALWAYS still have cold feet) and how such a snack may help...

" I told him to eat 3 structured meals daily with a “carby, salty snack” any time, day or night, that he felt cold – especially in the hands and feet, or started urinating frequently (before contacting me he was drinking 5 liters of water daily with completely clear urine passed hourly or more). One of the reasons I recommend this over going fully “intuitive” as to when and what to eat is to keep him from having to think about it so much – instead allowing his eating to be on “autopilot.” The body can adjust to regular rhythms too, and thrives off of regularity and consistency."

Eating Disorder Recovery – 180 Degree Health

I've no idea what that could be other than potato chips which I hate.

Zach is offline Banned
    Just take some salt with any carb source. No need to overthink it, i pop salt in my mouth all the time.

Can you get a ride to pick that goat milk? I really think that would benefit you more then more meat.

I would save a little money if I drove to get the milk - it's a 5 hour journey with a 540 mile round trip though.

I may have found another source whom may be a fair bit cheaper: 28x560ml bottles for 58 including delivery, they are sold in 28 pint batches.

The other farm would cost 73 for the same amount where they charge 12 delivery for every 14 pints of milk. (sold in 7 pint batches at 12.25)

I've contacted the farm to ask about animal welfare, antibiotics etc. since it's not certified organic, although like the other farm, they do use high quality food and look after their animals. (Images of the farm show this, though I don't think they are outside all the time)

I agree. I don't think a tonne of meat is doing me many favours - I no longer eat meat every day. I'm cooking for Father's day so I'll still order a small amount.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-20-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Woooo! I've emailed two more farmers/shops whom sell Raw goat milk. It turns out the milk comes from the same farm but one is the direct farmer and the other is just a reseller of raw dairy and cheese.

This farm has the same qualities and values as the original supplier and comes in a lot cheaper, esp. with delivery. The goats aren't jacked up on drugs unless prescribed by the vet. They have the choice to be in a large barn or free to roam on fields with access to hedges etc.

They don't sell Kefir but I could just make my own. I'm going to order 28 pints and see what it's like before ordering 56 pints.

UK RAW dairy supplier No.2 : High Weald Dairy| organic dairy farm| cheese| organic cows milk| sheep milk| goat milk

Page 19 of 113 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast