Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 18

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Zachary, do you think soda would be an ok substitute for real sugar when at a restaurant? If necessary.
    You mean like pop or cola? (We call it pop here) or are you talking soda water? Im guessing the former. The bad part about pop from restaurants is they usually use the cheapest stuff they can buy so not only does it have hfcs and corn syurp instead of cane sugar but it also has chemicals. On the other hand i think that is still better then drinking diet pop and fruit juice from restaurants is probably made with the same ingrediants. So yea, if its only once in awhile the. Id go for the pop (and i do on occasion, i love root beer!)

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Cool. Do you think strength bearing exercise will help with prog?

Also, are bananas bad starch when it comes to digestion?
    Strength training as long as its not overdone usually helps woth everything so i would bet that yes it would help the ratio of prog/E.

Lots of people have problems with bananas and bloating but my guess is they just eat them unripe which is really easy to do sice most think that a yellow banana is ripe. If your eating them when they start thrning black the. Almost all the starch is turned to sugar and is highly digestible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Ahh, I've got it now! So Unsat fat are mono and poly's where as saturated fat (CW "The bad fat") are mostly animal products although some do have unsaturated fats.
    Right but actually almost all sources that you think of as saturated besides coconut oil will actually have a pretty good amount on mono and to a lesser extent poly. Mono seems to be a pretty benign fat but it all adds up. Just watch your fat intake in general and you should be good to go. Dairy and coconut fat certainly seem to be the best fat to consume. Next would be from pastured or wild animals like goat, deer, lamb, buffalo, elk. Wild caught fish, esp from warm waters seems to be safe as well.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Right but actually almost all sources that you think of as saturated besides coconut oil will actually have a pretty good amount on mono and to a lesser extent poly. Mono seems to be a pretty benign fat but it all adds up. Just watch your fat intake in general and you should be good to go. Dairy and coconut fat certainly seem to be the best fat to consume. Next would be from pastured or wild animals like goat, deer, lamb, buffalo, elk. Wild caught fish, esp from warm waters seems to be safe as well.
    Great, I'm looking to order 50 pints Raw Goat milk. I love this stuff!!! 1.10 per pint isn't too bad either I don't think. Meat wise I only eat grass fed minced lamb, after that it's wild Alaskan salmon and chicken breasts. That's pretty much all of my animal products, other than the occasion of Lamb Liver like once a month.

I just remembered that Marshmallows have a tonne of gelatin in them too. Shame all the ones I've looked at start with corn syrup, then a bunch of E numbers. I might just make my own since I already have some G. Lakes Gelatin.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The problem with hfcs is it's sugar + starch together which causes uncharacterized polysaccharides

"For example (Thresher, et al., 2000), rats were fed diets with 68% carbohydrate, 12% fat (corn oil), and 20% protein. In one group the carbohydrate was starch (cornstarch and maltodextrin, with a glucose equivalence of 10%), and in other groups it was either 68% sucrose, or 34% fructose and 34% glucose, or 34% fructose and 34% starch. (An interesting oddity, fasting triglycerides were highest in the fructose+starch group.)

The weight of their fat pads (epididymal, retroperitoneal, and mesenteric) was greatest in the fructose+starch group, and least in the sucrose group. The starch group's fat was intermediate in weight between those of the sucrose and the fructose+glucose groups."

The other ingredients are the same as any standard cola. If anything, drinking a coke while you're at a restaurant will protect from the other potentially harmful ingredients in the food(caramel coloring protects to an extent against msg, phosphoric acid the same against arsenic)

assuming you're talking about fast food. when I'm forced to eat somewhere like in n out, or mcdonalds(never am, but hypothetically) I will always drink a coke with my meal.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    You mean like pop or cola? (We call it pop here) or are you talking soda water? Im guessing the former. The bad part about pop from restaurants is they usually use the cheapest stuff they can buy so not only does it have hfcs and corn syurp instead of cane sugar but it also has chemicals. On the other hand i think that is still better then drinking diet pop and fruit juice from restaurants is probably made with the same ingrediants. So yea, if its only once in awhile the. Id go for the pop (and i do on occasion, i love root beer!)
    Pop, yes. That's what I thought (corn sugar and gross stuff). I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about only having access to restaurants for most of the next week.

EDIT: Derp, so do you think cola would be my best option? I remember reading that Sierra Mist doesn't have HFCS (do they even make it anymore?) I could always find it at a market.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-19-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Pop, yes. That's what I thought (corn sugar and gross stuff). I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about only having access to restaurants for most of the next week.

EDIT: Derp, so do you think cola would be my best option? I remember reading that Sierra Mist doesn't have HFCS (do they even make it anymore?) I could always find it at a market.
    Yeah, drink up the cola. Sierra mist and all that other stuff sucks though, I think you should just drink mexican cola(it's everywhere) or even american cola. Caramel coloring is pretty much a replica of the brown stuff in coffee, so it's good.

oh and those sprite things have no caffeine, bogus.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-19-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

This will be strange. I've never really liked soda/pop and now I'll be drinking it for "health"? Bizarre.

Thanks Ci! I will keep my eye out.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Does having a higher metabolism and/or higher digestion lead to more frequent bowel movements? If so, would that mean having more bowel movements be better?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Does having a higher metabolism and/or higher digestion lead to more frequent bowel movements? If so, would that mean having more bowel movements be better?
    Yep.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating a lot more white potatoes these days than sweet. I can't believe I'm about to say this: but I made myself sick of sweet potatoes.

THE HORROR!!!!!!11!!!11!11! :-o

I really can't do rice unless I cook it with lots of cream and add maple syrup to it.

More bowel movements = improved metabolism!? SWEET! I've had some days lately (like TODAY!!!) when I actually had TWO poops in a day! AWESOME! Oh, this makes me happy!

I made french toast a few weeks back with egg bread I bought from a local Italian bakery, good quality eggs, good quality cream, and the best butter I can buy here. AND I ATE 8 PIECES WITH TONS OF AMAZEBALLS MAPLE SYRUP AND IT WAS THE BEST MEAL EVAR!!!!

Honestly. It was pure bliss.
    Last edited by patski; 05-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast