Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 17

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh yeah, gummy sweets! The only slightly better quality ones I know of are by "The natural confectionary Company"... Organic ones are 150-250% more expensive and I'm not spending my money on that.

What are your though about sugar and ageing? I read another dumb diet called "8 hour diet" in the paper today (and I hardly ever read the paper) which mentioned sugar and ageing. I guess these gummy candies are good because they contain gelatine as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient which is great collagen!

Obviously eating mostly fruit (sugars) won't be damaging like pounds of white sugar is in terms of skin ageing.

Something bout Glycation which is the result of the bonding of a protein or lipid molecule with a sugar molecule, such as fructose or glucose, without the controlling action of an enzyme.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-19-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Stay away from unsaturated fats, excess meat consumption and keep your thyroid and testosterone up if you want to look young. Thats what i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Stay away from unsaturated fats, excess meat consumption and keep your thyroid and testosterone up if you want to look young. Thats what i think.
    Testosterone? Dumb question but when we hit puberty, we are ageing 'faster; because of more testosterone? Testosterone is more about reproductive system and red blood cells, not collagen? (or is collagen more of a food given protein?)

Unsaturated fats like most oils that we avoid in the Paleosphere anyway?

Obviously there are plenty of other factors which age us like stress, unhappiness and not living in the moment. Sugar just gets a bad name because it's what we consume.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-19-2013 at 10:20 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I turned the brightness up some to bring out the steam. it was an amazing day. Will do on the pics, just have my phone and am certainly not a great photog but will do my best.

Depending on the severity of the digestion issues, all starch should be eliminated. Otherwise it should be kept down to well cooked potatoes, white rice and for some, white bread.
    What about bananas...?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Testosterone is called the hormone of youth for a reason. It may not have much to do with wrinkles or such but estrogen certainly does and trstosterone antagonizes estrogen. Keeping test high and E low will keep you from aging fast.

I think almost all unsaturated fats are not good in the long run. The small amount from dairy, eggs and a bit of meat is not big deal but start eating mostly fatty animal products and it adds up quick. I think raw fruit and to a lesser extent veggies seem to help with reversing aging to an extent from live enzymes and antioxidants.

Testosterone is called the hormone of youth for a reason. It may not have much to do with wrinkles or such but estrogen certainly does and trstosterone antagonizes estrogen. Keeping test high and E low will keep you from aging fast.

I think almost all unsaturated fats are not good in the long run. The small amount from dairy, eggs and a bit of meat is not big deal but start eating mostly fatty animal products and it adds up quick. I think raw fruit and to a lesser extent veggies seem to help with reversing aging to an extent from live enzymes and antioxidants.
    Hey Zach, does the same principle apply to women? My testosterone was right in the middle of normal - should I be trying to get this higher, and if so, how? I'm imaging the ABSE will help...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey Zach, does the same principle apply to women? My testosterone was right in the middle of normal - should I be trying to get this higher, and if so, how? I'm imaging the ABSE will help...
    I think for women its progesterone high and eatrogen on the low end. Test you probably do want rght in the middle.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Zachary, do you think soda would be an ok substitute for real sugar when at a restaurant? If necessary.

I think for women its progesterone high and eatrogen on the low end. Test you probably do want rght in the middle.
    Cool. Do you think strength bearing exercise will help with prog?

Also, are bananas bad starch when it comes to digestion?

- Ray Peat

Ahh, I've got it now! So Unsat fat are mono and poly's where as saturated fat (CW "The bad fat") are mostly animal products although some do have unsaturated fats.

Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast