Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1124

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 16

  1. #151
    patski's Avatar
    patski is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Suburbs of Toronto
    Posts
    1,239
    Primal Fuel
    Initially when I added starch back into my diet, my digestion improved literally overnight and my gastritis DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY. And I was like, zOMG! Digestive enzymes of all sorts (including betaine HCI) only helped temporarily at first, but then made my gastritis much, much worse.

    But it's kind of back. I've chatted with Melissa at Hunt, Gather, Love, and she recommended taking bromelain for digestion instead. I notice I'm a bit better if I lower my protein.

    But I love my full fat dairy because I missed it SO BAD, and I'm not giving up butter for fuck all. Coconut oil and I are besties.

    Whaddya think, Zach?

    I gotta get my b vitamins back into me; I've been off them and I think they help with my digestion as well as my adrenals too.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

    Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

  2. #152
    patski's Avatar
    patski is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Suburbs of Toronto
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The thing about the pores is just something I've heard for a long time. I can see my pores are smaller after exposure to cold/cold water. Something about the skin contracting maybe? Maybe it's just an urban legend and the effect of something minty or cold is just a "texture" change (oily to matte). Looks good anyway
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

    Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

  3. #153
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Oh, man, I'd exercise outdoors too, if the areas around my house looked like that! That is so beautiful, I love it! It says you're in Minnesota? Not trying to hate, but I didn't think anything was in Minnesota, lol! But, there are beautiful places all over the US, I suppose.
    There's plenty of wooded areas, bike trails, and rivers in my area, too, but I don't own a bike, and no one ever wants to go explore in the woods with me; I'd never want to venture out into the woods alone! Creepy.

    Also, you look great! Can't believe you'd show your face, and not care, though! You're a brave one, haha. It should be nice not having to take a pill all the time, too. I love being able to cross a supplement off my list and never have to take it again. For a while, I had way too many pills to take, it was getting out of hand!
    It is really beautiful here. I live in northern MN on the tip of lake superior so we have it all. The nicest freshwater beaches, a clean lake, tons of forest, hills, rivers. But it is really cold for at least half the year. Its not bad though if you like to showeshoe, ski and ice skate. I havnt been to too many places as beautiful as this area.

    Thanks! Yea i dont care if someone recognizes me or anything. Nothing to hide i suppose and im definitely not paranoid of identity theft or something weird happening.

    Patski, thats interesting about pores not opening or closing, i had never heard that. And Ombat should try bromelain, i hadnt heard that one either.

    I think the beat digestion comes from eating very easy to digest foods, lots of sugar, avoiding fiber,excess starch, excess fat besides dairy and coconut fat and having very high mineral levels including sodium. That seems to take care of almost everyhing.

  4. #154
    max219's Avatar
    max219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    max-
    Sometimes I wonder if there are any other weird ones that eat like me.... now I know! My co-workers are always asking what I'm eating and the canned pumpkin always gets the "that's ummm interesting" reply! haha
    I used to eat potatoes and sweet potatoes but fruit just seems easier right now. But I had some sweet potato fries at lunch... yum.
    Take as many sweet potatoes as you like (I put like 15-20) in the oven for 60-90 minutes. It's real easy to eat them after that . I love putting them in the fridge and eating them when they are cold.

  5. #155
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    STUNNING pics! What a beautiful place... the first pic is particularly amazing. Have you tweaked the colours? It looks so saturated; like a pic from the 70's <3

    Keep sharing! It's so cool to see where you guys live.

    And yeow - looking good! It's just a nice feeling to see abs forming.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  6. #156
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    Patski, thats interesting about pores not opening or closing, i had never heard that. And Ombat should try bromelain, i hadnt heard that one either.

    I think the beat digestion comes from eating very easy to digest foods, lots of sugar, avoiding fiber,excess starch, excess fat besides dairy and coconut fat and having very high mineral levels including sodium. That seems to take care of almost everyhing.
    Noted about the bromelain. Will do some research soon.

    I can attest to this. My digestion has improved (still not great, but much better) since taking this advice. You are my hero <3 I still eat too much starch and protein which might be causing problems,, but I'm having a difficult time letting them go. I somehow feel incomplete / hollow (literally) without the amount I am eating. I'm sure I wouldn't if I ate enough of everything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    Per Om's reguest, my stomach.
    *Wolf whistles mighty inappropriately* Take it off, baby!

    Anyway, has your pizza and french toast been of quality ingredients or no? Are you calling it not ideal because the answer is "no"?

    Sorry to hear about your injury but glad to hear about your digestion! I hope you heal up soon. Probably best to take it easy.

  7. #157
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    STUNNING pics! What a beautiful place... the first pic is particularly amazing. Have you tweaked the colours? It looks so saturated; like a pic from the 70's <3

    Keep sharing! It's so cool to see where you guys live.

    And yeow - looking good! It's just a nice feeling to see abs forming.
    I turned the brightness up some to bring out the steam. it was an amazing day. Will do on the pics, just have my phone and am certainly not a great photog but will do my best.

    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Noted about the bromelain. Will do some research soon.

    I can attest to this. My digestion has improved (still not great, but much better) since taking this advice. You are my hero <3 I still eat too much starch and protein which might be causing problems,, but I'm having a difficult time letting them go. I somehow feel incomplete / hollow (literally) without the amount I am eating. I'm sure I wouldn't if I ate enough of everything else.



    *Wolf whistles mighty inappropriately* Take it off, baby!

    Anyway, has your pizza and french toast been of quality ingredients or no? Are you calling it not ideal because the answer is "no"?

    Sorry to hear about your injury but glad to hear about your digestion! I hope you heal up soon. Probably best to take it easy.
    Just think of it as an experiment, if you can cure your bloating from a few weeks of eating simply then that would be a major success.

    Always the best ingrediants. . And actually i feel better eating these foods then steak and potatoes or similar. Highly digestible, ftw!

  8. #158
    patski's Avatar
    patski is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Suburbs of Toronto
    Posts
    1,239
    Define excess starch, Zach. Please and thanks.

    Did you email Matt Stone for help? Or buy one of his ebooks?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

    Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

  9. #159
    Nstocks's Avatar
    Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Define excess starch, Zach. Please and thanks.

    Did you email Matt Stone for help? Or buy one of his ebooks?
    I was just about to ask the same question! I eat 2-3 sweet potatoes per day with meat for my dinner but I' vestarting to get bored of them... (although baking them with goat cheese is amazing) The other "carb source" I can think of it butternut squash. (We don't have much variety like you do in the states)

    I've been feeling amazing lately. Sometime I just have fruit and milk all day but I notice that if I eat processed sugar (candy) that really upsets my stomach... Trying to find a 'cleaner' type of candy but I think the only option is dried fruit.

  10. #160
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Define excess starch, Zach. Please and thanks.

    Did you email Matt Stone for help? Or buy one of his ebooks?
    Depending on the severity of the digestion issues, all starch should be eliminated. Otherwise it should be kept down to well cooked potatoes, white rice and for some, white bread. Starch and fiber feed bacteria way more then sugar does and usually it will cause bloating and gas. This is my opinion.

    I have been in touch with Matt for a few years. He was the first person i turned to after low carb ruined my health. Iv read a couple of his books.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I was just about to ask the same question! I eat 2-3 sweet potatoes per day with meat for my dinner but I' vestarting to get bored of them... (although baking them with goat cheese is amazing) The other "carb source" I can think of it butternut squash. (We don't have much variety like you do in the states)

    I've been feeling amazing lately. Sometime I just have fruit and milk all day but I notice that if I eat processed sugar (candy) that really upsets my stomach... Trying to find a 'cleaner' type of candy but I think the only option is dried fruit.
    That was just my opinion for people with digestion or fungus issues. I think well cooked roots, tubers, gourds, rice and some grains are great otherwise and provide a ton of nutrients and pretty clean energy. I like sugar better for a few reasons but there is no reason to avoid starch all together for most.

    Also for some, digestion is not about what foods you are eating and has everything to do with metabolism and thyroid health. These things regulate how strong your stomach acid is and how quick things move. You want a strong, quick moving digestion or things start to rot/ferment.

    As for clean candy, try gummy candies. There are even recipes to make them yourself. Good way to get in some gelatin. Also ice cream, jello, good chocolate and i like red licorice.
    Last edited by Zach; 05-19-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •