Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 15

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I think your trying to speed up your recovery but seriously it takes a lot of time. It took me two years + to get to where i am now after initially ruining my health.

Focus on becoming mineral replete. Add some baking soda and sea salt to your magnesium baths and take them often. Go naked tanning if at all possible, getting sun on the junk seriously boosts test and probably other hormones. Keep up with the exercise and try to get sweating a couple times a week. Buy that juicer when you can and start juicing everything.

As for the raw milk diet, i dont think it would help you at all. Lots of raw milk, raw juice and a few raw egg yolks might be something to try though.
    It's true, I'm not giving myself enough time to see results, even though I already feel quite good.

I'll add those to the bath, never heard of baking soda though!

Naked tanning isn't possible where I live and I'd never use a sun bed but it's a thought for when I can go naked outside!

The juicer will be the next buy, but only once my garden established. I have a lot of kale growing so I can juice all of that, plus loads of herbs and other greens that I won't cook/'eat'.

I hear you with the milk, next time I order it will be 50 pints (frozen) so I get it for 1.10 a pint vs 2.30 is I buy it in smaller quantities.

Thanks for your help dude.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Max, your PM's are full. Just post those questions here.
    Sure, no problem.

2 questions -

1) You probably get asked this a lot, but is the deal with sugar? I've become convinced that it is not unhealthy, especially in it's natural form like from fruits and honey. The issue is sugar from corn products, right?

I always come across these websites and people online and in person who say that sugar is definitely unhealthy. I though the same way since I started becoming interested in nutrition and health. Is too much sugar bad, are Americans eating too much of it? Is the idea that sugar is bad because it is associated with junk food, kinda like how salt is though to be unhealthy? Does sugar really feed infections, and cause modern diseases?

I'm convinced it's all excess omega 6 now.

2) Since changing up my diet I've been eating a lot more cheese, half and half/cream, and ice cream (haagandazs). My main concern is the cheese - should I avoid it if it is not raw and/or grass fed. I eat mostly mozzarella, Parmesan, Swiss, and some others. The ingredients are just milk (maybe something else I'm not home now), not added crap though.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea thats a pretty big subject. I think context matters a lot when it comes to sugar. Whats the source, whats it combined with, how much fat do you eat as well, etc. honey, maple sugar and molasses are definitely superior to cane sugar and can sugar is superior to corn sugar. I agree that polyunstaturated fat is the real problem, especially when people eat a diet high in fructose (sugar) and pufa together, which almost all junk food is a combo of that. Eating tons of excess sugar can be a problem since it boosts metabolism and depletes mineral reserves. Eating a good amount along side nutrient rich foods is not a problem though. In all i think its a completely benign substance at worse and highly beneficial at best. Certainly not the disease causing substance its made out to be. You can really trust any mainstream nutrtition advice when they claim whole grains and canola oil as heart healthy.

Meh, i certainly wouldnt avoid it based on those reasons. Im sure you can find some decent pastured cheese if you look hard enouh though. A lot of imported cheeses or cheeses from wisconson may be pastured. I dont see a problem eatin those foods unless it becomes too much fat for you.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit.

Uh, okay...just found this thread. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, but Amber at gokaleo.com is a big fan of sugar for her workouts.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Holy shit.

Uh, okay...just found this thread. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, but Amber at gokaleo.com is a big fan of sugar for her workouts.
    Hiya, great post over in the candida thread!

Gokaleo is defintely a smart lady, nothing like a little bit of common sense!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I really dont see much else you could except just watching your portions and fat and getting your thyroid meds to where they need to be. Some people have issues with t4 and need to supplement with t3 alone. Have you been feeling better since starting the meds?

I think your on the right track. Just keep doing what you are doing!
    Yes, I've been feeling much better but still working on getting to the right dose.

Thanks Zach!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Brooksam - couldn't help but laugh reading what you eat. I pretty much eat the SAME exact foods as the bulk of my diet. I guess I'm not the only one who eats mainly canned fish, eggs, grass fed beef, fruit, and coconut oil/meat, canned pumpkin, and carrots. (I do eat a LOT of sweet potatoes/ potatoes also though)
    max-
    Sometimes I wonder if there are any other weird ones that eat like me.... now I know! My co-workers are always asking what I'm eating and the canned pumpkin always gets the "that's ummm interesting" reply! haha
    I used to eat potatoes and sweet potatoes but fruit just seems easier right now. But I had some sweet potato fries at lunch... yum.

Zach is offline Banned
    Update - Im in love with myself, in love with my own reflection, with the vision that i see.

Per YB's request, heres the two only nice days we have had this year. First one i went to the beach for a good 6 hours, there was still ice on the lake and it was melting so fast that there was fog. Pretty cool day.

aCYbV5F.jpg

Second, is a river by my house that i walk to all the time. Massive amounts of trails in my area so i got that going for me. River was raging that day.

eXt6Qjl.jpg

Per Om's reguest, my stomach. lol. I have actually gained maybe 2lbs since my last update. Been doing a lot of eating and drinking of the alcohol variety. My abdominal muskles are much stronger though, not that you can see em.

71OhQ6G.jpg

Like i said, i have been out and about this last week and didnt feel the need to post. My main foods lately have been pizza, french toast, beer, milk and ice cream. Not ideal but certainly not effecting my physique yet. Been having many late night fires which has been really nice and i have been walking like a mofo. Probably average 5+ miles a day of all sorts of terrain.

Something interesting thats going on is a ran into a guy who moved here to start a Crossfit box and i have been helping him out. The box is almost ready to open and it will be my full time place to practice so im pretty psyched about that. Really excited to get back into barbell training.

Something shitty that happened is i dislocated my sternum a bit ago doing handstand work. Its feeling better now but still not perfect and im afraid to start doing any handstand or pushing work. I did a bunch of splitting wood last night and its a bit sore today. Hate injuries.

Another update, i havent been taking betein HCL for a week or so and decided to take some yesterday. I immediately got the heartburn, warmth feeling that i never got before so i know that its time to give them up. My digestion has been great so im ok with that. For me at least, HCL worked amazingly well.

Will update more and try to take more outdoors photos (for you YB).

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    On using baking soda for skin cleansing: some people are more sensitive to it than others. Personally, I can do it a few times a week (splashing with cold water after to close the pores) and my skin looks & feels great. I apply a very light amount of unscented lotion after. If it seems like it's doing more harm than good after a little while, try adjusting the frequency of your scrub/wash. If i do it every day, my skin dries out.
    Hiya honey

IIRC, pores don't have any muscles around them, so technically they do not open/close.

I had success using baking soda as a skin cleanser when i had dermatitis. It stung like hell, but it worked. After I would put on coconut oil, OR shea butter, OR emu oil which is still my favourite moisturizer.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Hiya honey

IIRC, pores don't have any muscles around them, so technically they do not open/close.

I had success using baking soda as a skin cleanser when i had dermatitis. It stung like hell, but it worked. After I would put on coconut oil, OR shea butter, OR emu oil which is still my favourite moisturizer.
    The thing about the pores is just something I've heard for a long time. I can see my pores are smaller after exposure to cold/cold water. Something about the skin contracting maybe? Maybe it's just an urban legend and the effect of something minty or cold is just a "texture" change (oily to matte). Looks good anyway
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast