Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains. page 11

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I tried Baking Soda (bicarbonate of soda in the UK!) and it didn't really 'do' anything... Do you leave it on like a mask? I have jojoba oil too so I'll try this.
    I use it as a exfoliate every 2-3 days. Just rub the shit out of my skin to take off any dead skin and dirt then immediately while still in shower, add moisturizer. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Lol, it means what would I type in youtube to obtain a video of somebody demonstrating this.

I'm actually working on hand stands... using the wall. Man, do I get a red face which is of course expected.
    Oh, haha. The lack of a coma threw me off.

I just mean that the video you posting seemed to me more on the cardio side of things. Movements done with light resistance (weight) and done fast. Im more into taking your time and focusing on moving the most weight as possible. So if a pushup is easy, place your feet on an elevated object and do them that way. If thats easy then kick up onto a wall and do handstand pushups. If thats easy then work on hand balancing and hand walking. Etc. Progression is key to strength. I will send you a pdf of some great calistenics books. PM me your email.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you eat wheat.

Hey, so what is your theory of how people go from overweight and sick on a conventional American diet to becoming healthy? Just start eating organic grass-fed everything and stop consuming omega-6-FAs? But they can continue to consume large quantities of sugar? Just wondering about the theory here.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Hi, gwammma! Thanks, he is the cutest. And i thought you called him a piky (gypsy) for a second, had to google piccy, haha. He does kinda look like he belongs in the movie Snatch in that pic, lol.
    sorry Zach - we New Zealanders have these little slang words, and I just presume that they are the same the world over !!!!!!
    But he is one cute wee fella.....................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Wow, you eat wheat.

Hey, so what is your theory of how people go from overweight and sick on a conventional American diet to becoming healthy? Just start eating organic grass-fed everything and stop consuming omega-6-FAs? But they can continue to consume large quantities of sugar? Just wondering about the theory here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I think its a shitstorm of things. A list in order of significance.

1. Lack of physical exercise. I think almost anything can be overcome if there is enough phsival labor and exercise. I remember a statistic, something like 100 years ago, %70 of the population had a physical labor job, now its less then %30. Not to mention noone even walks anywhere anymore and kids dont play or have gym.

2. Seed oils. Without a doubt the biggest mistake health wise was to start using plant oils in food. The whole saturated fat and cholestoral myth really fucked us over big time. I believe almost every major disease and allergy stems from these oils. These oils are why people cant eat gluten as well, dont blame the bread!

3. Pesticides, plastics and patroleum based products. In less then 100 years we managed to pollute the entire world from sea to sky. Irreparable damage has been done. The off gas, xeno estrogens and other chemicals from these products have permanently changed our soecies and are continuing to do so at an alarming rate. We are not prepared to deal with these chemicals and they are altering our hormones.

4. Stress. Stress is a killer and we are getting it from every angle. From inflammation to radiation to lack of outdoors to our jobs to shitty sleep.

5. Soy and corn derivatives, gums, fillers, dyes and other non foods. The cheap laboratory stuff that they put in all our food and our foods food.
    I would say reversing these things as best as possible would be an amazing start. Then being able to listen to your body and giving it what it needs would be the next step.

diene is offline Senior Member
    What do you think about intermittent fasting?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    What do you think about intermittent fasting?
    Only if you are not hungry and eat plenty during non fasting times. I dont like structured diets that dont listen to hunger signals.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I do IF 16-20 hours to create a (necessary) deficit, usually 18-hours. I find it's the easiest way to go about it. However, I then consume 2400-2800 calories in my window of eating. On average, I estimate this comes out to 1800-2000 calories per 7-day period if you use a typical 12-hour fast between last meal and breakfast as the standard time frame. Although, for most people it's probably closer to 8-10 hours between last and first.

I'm curious about the Betein HCL and Digest Gold. I took both of these last year and they made my digestion even worse, or so I thought. Too many confounding factors because I was also doing LCHF at the time. I am going to try taking them again because my digestion is horrible and I'm always looking for the answer.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Zach is offline Banned
    Some people need a structured eating habit and as long as your using IF as a tool and not a way to starve yourself then i think it works well. I did the typical leangains for years and it worked well.

Ombat has a really weird reaction to enymes where her stomach gets hard as a rock. So i guess not all people benefit from these things, maybe she has really good levels of HCL and enzymes already? Although she gets bloating so thats strange. If you take them again, start with the HCl and see if you have low stomach acid.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Apparently some can have bad reactions to protease, of which Digest Gold has a fair amount (80,000 units). Digest Spectrum has less per capsule (49,000 units) so it's possible I would not be so bothered by Spectrum. Might try it. I still have no idea about the HCL. I find it doubtful my levels of gastric acid are that superb, given the issues I have. I just read an account by someone who claims that taking too small of a dose of HCL made his bloating worse than taking none at all. Not exactly sure how that works...

j3nn, I agree with trying HCL first (or at least not trying HCL and enzymes at the same time). Otherwise, if you have a negative reaction you will be uncertain as to what caused it.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Everything. Mostly vegetables and fruits, but starch as well. I had no bloating for a few months while I ate nothing but meat and fat, but then it came back. I could experiment with individual enzymes and see if that works, rather than a broad spectrum one.

Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast